Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Whit View Post
    (slapping my head)

Now, given it was reported, one might think their posts would have been addressed FIRST.

No names were used though in talking to Glockmail, I am sure he too noticed.

I seem to be the only one chided here. So, since I did notice AFTER, they got dealt with on a different thread, I plan to see if they get chided first. As you request.
    The point of reporting a post is to alert staff to the issue to be handled, not to report it to be handled and then respond about it yourself 2 seconds later before staff can even read any report. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    The point of reporting a post is to alert staff to the issue to be handled, not to report it to be handled and then respond about it yourself 2 seconds later before staff can even read any report. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    You went after me in public. Keep in mind I addressed Glockmail and discussed our part of the topic.

Let me remind us all that the topic was over problems with automobiles. Glock and I discussed problems.

I shall wait to see if the same public treatment is given to him is all I am saying. As it stands, I suspect he thinks you approve what he says. I can't say for certain though.
    Last edited by Robert A Whit; 04-24-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As it stands, I suspect he thinks you approve what he says. I can't say for certain though.
    you can suspect anything you like. However, it will be a cold day in Hell when you know what 'I' am thinking.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    and back on topic we go...

Thanks Marcus. Funny stuff. That last one...just above had to be for NBA players...MAYBE????
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Glock, apparently the conversation you and i are having has made two posters upset. So much so, we are now the topic.

You and I understand what we are discussing yet for a rather odd reason, only one of us is being whined about. i now discover that some poster believes he is in charge of the topic and demands we do as he tells us.

As to my well versed remark, I have a long history of being versed in auto design. Since I had been designing a system to vary cams, I came to this topic with a background so it is nothing special that I am versed on cams.

But since it upsets two posters, should you want to discuss this further, maybe by PM.

thanks for your assistance.
    As anyone who knows me can attest, I'll say what I want, where and when I want to.
    Last edited by glockmail; 04-25-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

and back on topic we go...

Dude these are all architectural failures and photoshops. Stick with the subject!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Have you had her car checked by a BMW technician? The Hawk did not have a turbo. It had a belt driven supercharger. Maybe a call to a BMW service guy could see if she should live with it or have it looked at.
    She doesn't need a service guy to tell her she can live with it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Dude these are all architectural failures and photoshops. Stick with the subject!
    You've never heard of architectural engineering? Structural engineering? Mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) engineering?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Architectural_engineering

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

You've never heard of architectural engineering? Structural engineering? Mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) engineering?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Architectural_engineering
    Yes, and I've been involved at one time or another in all of those. In a building project, the architect is the lead designer. Per your examples:

• He tells us where the urinals are to be placed. A mechanical engineer will put together a schematic drawing showing the plumbing, usually an isometric. It has few dimensions, if any. A contractor, in this case a plumber, will then install the fixtures according to the architectural plans, then plumb up to them. Most plumbers will tell the architect: 'hey dummy, are you sure you want this here?" But others will install it exactly per plan, then get paid for a change order when the architect finds his mistake and makes a change.
    • Similar with the door handle, except it would be done by a carpenter. An engineer wouldn't be involved whatsoever.
    • Escalator that hits a ceiling, purely an architectural error.
    • The kiddie ride? Some ride designer. The engineer who designed the mechanism to run it would probably never see the product plans overall, and wouldn't be in a position to comment on it, never mind change it.
    • The disconnected bridge is a photoshop.
    • The penis shadows from the bridge railing, purely an architectural form.
    • The Tower of Pisa? It was built before the science of engineering was born.
    • I don't see any example of structural engineering failures posted here.
    Last edited by glockmail; 04-25-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I was once referred to as a 'Petroleum Dispensing Engineer'
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I was once referred to as a 'Petroleum Dispensing Engineer'
    careful, or you'll get told you're off topic.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Yes, and I've been involved at one time or another in all of those. In a building project, the architect is the lead designer. Per your examples:

• He tells us where the urinals are to be placed. A mechanical engineer will put together a schematic drawing showing the plumbing, usually an isometric. It has few dimensions, if any. A contractor, in this case a plumber, will then install the fixtures according to the architectural plans, then plumb up to them. Most plumbers will tell the architect: 'hey dummy, are you sure you want this here?" But others will install it exactly per plan, then get paid for a change order when the architect finds his mistake and makes a change.
    • Similar with the door handle, except it would be done by a carpenter. An engineer wouldn't be involved whatsoever.
    • Escalator that hits a ceiling, purely an architectural error.
    • The kiddie ride? Some ride designer. The engineer who designed the mechanism to run it would probably never see the product plans overall, and wouldn't be in a position to comment on it, never mind change it.
    • The disconnected bridge is a photoshop.
    • The penis shadows from the bridge railing, purely an architectural form.
    • The Tower of Pisa? It was built before the science of engineering was born.
    • I don't see any example of structural engineering failures posted here.

really? Buildings fall under civil engineering...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_engineering
    Engineering has been an aspect of life since the beginnings of human existence. The earliest practice of civil engineering may have commenced between 4000 and 2000 BC in Ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia (Ancient Iraq) when humans started to abandon a nomadic existence, creating a need for the construction of shelter. During this time, transportation became increasingly important leading to the development of the wheel and sailing.
    Until modern times there was no clear distinction between civil engineering and architecture, and the term engineer and architect were mainly geographical variations referring to the same person, often used interchangeably.[7] The construction of Pyramids in Egypt (circa 2700–2500 BC) might be considered the first instances of large structure constructions. Other ancient historic civil engineering constructions include the Qanat water management system (the oldest older than 3000 years and longer than 71 km,[8]) the Parthenon by Iktinos in Ancient Greece (447–438 BC), the Appian Way by Roman engineers (c. 312 BC), the Great Wall of China by General Meng T'ien under orders from Ch'in Emperor Shih Huang Ti (c. 220 BC)[6] and the stupas constructed in ancient Sri Lanka like the Jetavanaramaya and the extensive irrigation works in Anuradhapura. The Romans developed civil structures throughout their empire, including especially aqueducts, insulae, harbors, bridges, dams and roads.
    Last edited by Marcus Aurelius; 04-25-2013 at 01:04 PM.