Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Giants won 8 championships

Just as I thought. The NY Giants won 8 championships counting all years they played.

And the 9ers did take 5 over a much shorter peiod but have not taken it since 1994. (I was stunned it was that long ago)

And the Steelers won 6 in total.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Whit View Post
    The steelers won 75 percent of those games whereas the 9ers won 100 percent.

As it is proven each year, it is very hard to stay on top permanently. I believe the 9rs also won two in a row. How about the steelers?

My hunch is you see them as winners and want to be on that wagon with them. I have not counted up championships but since the Giants are a long established team, would not surprise me if they won more national championships than even the 9rs. I plan to check that too.
    Steelers won two in a row in '75 and '76. It's a bit hard to say someone is on the "wagon" with the Steelers after being a fan for over 30 years. Especially, as Jim noted, what fans endured through the 80s and 90s. Bleh, even I had a brief affair with the Bengals during that time

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

The steelers won 75 percent of those games whereas the 9ers won 100 percent.

As it is proven each year, it is very hard to stay on top permanently. I believe the 9rs also won two in a row. How about the steelers?

More than what the teams did, I have a hard time with the Giants and Jets in your area why you back a team that is something like 370 miles away. I verified the distance since my guess was about 500 miles. I have not driven the direct route from one city to the other.

My hunch is you see them as winners and want to be on that wagon with them. I have not counted up championships but since the Giants are a long established team, would not surprise me if they won more national championships than even the 9rs. I plan to check that too.
    Just as I thought. The NY Giants won 8 championships counting all years they played.

And the 9ers did take 5 over a much shorter peiod but have not taken it since 1994. (I was stunned it was that long ago)

And the Steelers won 6 in total.
    The Giants prior wins were before the merger and before the Super Bowl. Also, the Steelers won 2 in a row TWICE - 75&76 and then again in 78&79!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I knew this when I was 5 or 6 years old? LOL And remained a fan for nearly 40 years now? Through some horrendous teams? No way, I'm no bandwagon fan. Been a Steelers fan from day one and never wavered. Same for the LA Dodgers in baseball and the NY Rangers in hockey and Penn State in college football.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

The reigning Super Bowl champion NY Giants are 6-4.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Redskins REALLY stink this year. the only thing positive I can say if you are ever near FedEx field and a tornado warning is issued, go to FedEx field right away. There is seldom a touchdown there

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Let's all get real here. Today. This year. Honestly. Talking about Football is almost as dangerous as talking Politics, and Religion.

All of us can name our FAVORITE team(s), and privately remind ourselves. (Maybe someday. My team will learn to Play)
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Let's all get real here. Today. This year. Honestly. Talking about Football is almost as dangerous as talking Politics, and Religion.

All of us can name our FAVORITE team(s), and privately remind ourselves. (Maybe someday. My team will learn to Play)
    What do the Redskins and Billy Graham have in common?
    Both can make 90,000 people stand up and yell"JESUS CHRIST"!

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    What do the Redskins and Billy Graham have in common?
    Both can make 90,000 people stand up and yell"JESUS CHRIST"!

I like that one.
    Unfortunately. I live in a heavy REDSKINS territory. Many of us call them the 'DEADSKINS'.
    While others just laugh and ask "Is that a Football team?" or..."Do they have a team?"

Nobody's perfect. I play the game this way. My favorite teams are...EAGLES, PIRATES, COWBOYS, GIANTS, PACKERS, VIKINGS.

SIX chances every weekend to get a winner.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    I like that one.
    Unfortunately. I live in a heavy REDSKINS territory. Many of us call them the 'DEADSKINS'.
    While others just laugh and ask "Is that a Football team?" or..."Do they have a team?"

Nobody's perfect. I play the game this way. My favorite teams are...EAGLES, PIRATES, COWBOYS, GIANTS, PACKERS, VIKINGS.

SIX chances every weekend to get a winner.
    I have been a Skins fan since the late 70's and it kills me to watch them play this year. At least I got Direct TV NFL Season Ticket for free this year so I can watch another game if I want to

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

NFC North more
    Team W L T Win %
    Chicago 7 2 0 .778
    Green Bay 6 3 0 .667
    Minnesota 6 4 0 .600
    Detroit 4 5 0 .444

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknuckles View Post
    Steelers won two in a row in '75 and '76. It's a bit hard to say someone is on the "wagon" with the Steelers after being a fan for over 30 years. Especially, as Jim noted, what fans endured through the 80s and 90s. Bleh, even I had a brief affair with the Bengals during that time
    Well, what you described to me is what I call being on their wagon. A funny story that is about my oldest daughter who is now middle aged in her 40s.

We were at my Dads and he had the playoff game on between the Steelers vs the Raiders.

This was a long time ago. The game was tight and the Raiders had just got a lead late in the game. The Raiders had the Steelrs way back and seemed about to win.

Suddenly Terry Bradshaw tosses a pass that got called the immaculate reception and won the game.

When the Raiders pulled into the lead, Linda commenced to cry thinking the Steelers lost. When the Raiders suddenly lost, she was super pleased.

Me, I was upset that the Raiders got beat. LOL

I asked her why she liked the Steelers. She loved their uniform she said.

Today she and her husband are rabid SF Giants fans and I believe they also support the 49ers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Redskins REALLY stink this year. the only thing positive I can say if you are ever near FedEx field and a tornado warning is issued, go to FedEx field right away. There is seldom a touchdown there
    Give them time, Robert Griffin I think will be HUGE in this league, they just need to get him to be a pocket passer and surround him with good personnel.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Give them time, Robert Griffin I think will be HUGE in this league, they just need to get him to be a pocket passer and surround him with good personnel.
    RGIII is a big time QB in the making. The rest of team SUCKS. Hey Jim, what do you call a Redskin with a Super Bowl ring? Answer : A senior citizen

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Well, what you described to me is what I call being on their wagon. A funny story that is about my oldest daughter who is now middle aged in her 40s.

We were at my Dads and he had the playoff game on between the Steelers vs the Raiders.

This was a long time ago. The game was tight and the Raiders had just got a lead late in the game. The Raiders had the Steelrs way back and seemed about to win.

Suddenly Terry Bradshaw tosses a pass that got called the immaculate reception and won the game.

When the Raiders pulled into the lead, Linda commenced to cry thinking the Steelers lost. When the Raiders suddenly lost, she was super pleased.

Me, I was upset that the Raiders got beat. LOL

I asked her why she liked the Steelers. She loved their uniform she said.

Today she and her husband are rabid SF Giants fans and I believe they also support the 49ers.
    Dan Rooney thought the Steelers lost that game and was on his way down via the elevator to console his team on a hard fought playoff loss. He didn't know what happened when he heard the crowd go wild. That's one of the most famous plays in NFL history.

Oh, and you quoted me when you talked about being a bandwagon fan, and you couldn't be further from the truth, maybe about a universe away. About 95% of my life I've been a Steelers fan, probably over $5k worth of memorabilia, and a tattoo that lasts forever.