Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Give them time, Robert Griffin I think will be HUGE in this league, they just need to get him to be a pocket passer and surround him with good personnel.
    I represented the buyer of a home in my area that a starting line backer for the Redskins bought. When he sold it, I represented him again.

During the course of the transaction, the lender was about to turn him down and I had to call the Redskins and explain what was going on and could they send me a letter stating he would be playing into the future.

I was amazed at the stationery the Redskins use. I swear, it is a work of art. I would have liked to keep the original but I had to turn it in.

Upshot. They played the Raiders who beat the hell out of them in the Super Bowl. Anthony got one hell of a large check for that game.

He later showed up for fall practice and they traded him to Tampa Bay who did not keep him.

This was due to a minor knee injury that he had surgery for but was able to play the game.

At the time of the letter, his agent was dealing with the Redskins seeking a huge raise.

He got the raiise then lost his job.

Anthony had played a couple years for the Steelers under Chuck noll and Gibbs at the Redskins.

He favored Gibbs over noll.

He ended up working for the state of CA in the prisons divgision. Got a huge cut in pay.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Whit View Post
    I represented the buyer of a home in my area that a starting line backer for the Redskins bought. When he sold it, I represented him again.

During the course of the transaction, the lender was about to turn him down and I had to call the Redskins and explain what was going on and could they send me a letter stating he would be playing into the future.

I was amazed at the stationery the Redskins use. I swear, it is a work of art. I would have liked to keep the original but I had to turn it in.

Upshot. They played the Raiders who beat the hell out of them in the Super Bowl. Anthony got one hell of a large check for that game.

He later showed up for fall practice and they traded him to Tampa Bay who did not keep him.

This was due to a minor knee injury that he had surgery for but was able to play the game.

At the time of the letter, his agent was dealing with the Redskins seeking a huge raise.

He got the raiise then lost his job.

Anthony had played a couple years for the Steelers under Chuck noll and Gibbs at the Redskins.

He favored Gibbs over noll.

He ended up working for the state of CA in the prisons divgision. Got a huge cut in pay.
    Gibbs was a damn fine coach, Chick Noll was one of the best ever though!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

My friend's sister's husband's cousin's uncle coaches...

Ah never mind...

"I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    My friend's sister's husband's cousin's uncle coaches...

Ah never mind...

Makes me think of "GOPjeff aka 5StringJeff" who was a Texans fan. Anyway, they look pretty damn good this year too!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I believe.

This guy is the real deal. If he played somewhere East-Coast-Media-Bias cared about, He'd be talked about a LOT more.

Seattle Seahawks guys. Really look at who they are - Sure, they haven't done anything since winning SB XL then having it stolen from the Refs (The green bay game this year did NOT make up for it, but we'll take it). The Hawks have the Rookie leader in Sacks, Touchdowns, and 2nd in Tackles.

Watch Wilson - how can you not think a guy named after two Athletic Equipment companies would NOT be awesome.

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

6. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

No doubt, Wilson is a monster, and I think he'll also grow into one of the better QB's as time goes by!! He's got a hell of an arm from the highlights I've seen of him.

8. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Robert.

Just so you know. Long ago. I had a friend whose neighbor grew up with the uncle of an NFL referee, who knew a few professional NFL cheerleader's parents that were really proud their daughter's best friend married a guy who tried to become a football player, but moved to San Francisco, and became a member of the Village People, before they became famous. And he is now homeless, but doing very well since the Mayor authorized paychecks to the homeless who clean up the parking lot...after the 49'rs Games.
    Last edited by aboutime; 11-16-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

10. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Well ...many of "Us"....have our "Favorite" Teams that we are proud of...depending on where we live...*or teams we just like...

....I live in the Carolina's....and my team is the Panthers...this year they are 5-0...

Here is a clip from this past Sunday...around 2 minutes left...Seahawks were ahead 23-20...

This is how Carolina pulled through ...tough game for both teams which (both) wanted the win...badly..of course...

12. Thanks jimnyc, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Raiders doing ok. 4-3. Good news nobody in second place have more 4 wins so wild card in reach. Lots games left so anything can happen.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.

Sun Tzu

14. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    Raiders doing ok. 4-3. Good news nobody in second place have more 4 wins so wild card in reach. Lots games left so anything can happen.
    Steelers and Raiders play this week. You have to be my enemy for awhile now, sorry about that!!

16. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

*Doing well actually....

`Panthers top Redskins 44-16...Go...wait for it...> 10-0

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Cam Newton didn't have any new touchdown celebrations on Sunday.

"Newton threw a career-high five touchdowns passes, and the Carolina Panthers improved to 10-0 on the season with a 44-16 win over the Washington Redskins on Sunday.He let his receivers do the dancing for him."

http://www.nfl.com/videos/carolina-p...ton-highlights

18. Thanks Gunny, aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post

*Doing well actually....

`Panthers top Redskins 44-16...Go...wait for it...> 10-0

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Cam Newton didn't have any new touchdown celebrations on Sunday.

"Newton threw a career-high five touchdowns passes, and the Carolina Panthers improved to 10-0 on the season with a 44-16 win over the Washington Redskins on Sunday.He let his receivers do the dancing for him."

http://www.nfl.com/videos/carolina-p...ton-highlights

The Redskins losing is like an Obama impeachment to me.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    The Redskins losing is like an Obama impeachment to me.

*Last week Washington killed the Saints 47 to 14 or so...*They came to Our House... charged up...and left emotionally damaged....angry... and fighting amongst themselves

>>>10-0 PANTHERS....short week this week coming....Thursday (Thanks Giving).. Panthers play Romo and the boys...(Cowboys)...should be another good Game!

21. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

*Last week Washington killed the Saints 47 to 14 or so...*They came to Our House... charged up...and left emotionally damaged....angry... and fighting amongst themselves

>>>10-0 PANTHERS....short week this week coming....Thursday (Thanks Giving).. Panthers play Romo and the boys...(Cowboys)...should be another good Game!
    Congrats! Cam had a huge game, 4 TD's at halftime and 5 total!

23. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I'm not a Panthers fan. My estranged spouse (of 6 years) is from Raleigh Durham. Her kid was a Deadskins fan. Before my brother ruined it because he's about the Cowboys like Jim is the Steelers, I was a fan of both teams. My first realization I define myself by my enemies is when I checked in at base in Virginia and the MSgt was a Redskins fan and just assumed I was a Cowboys fan. And I realized I still hated the Redskins from the George Allen days.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke