Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I think Noir feels the video was OVER dramatized for sensationalism, sorta like a Stallone action flick. Truth is though, this was no dramatization, just an inside peek as to what the Marines deal with an how a sniper from a mile away can make such a difference. Without the various angles and blood, it wouldn't feel realistic and the viewer may not understand the strength of a .50 caliber weapon and the type of ammo used.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I'm thinking Noir thinks we should only use weapons that the opposition has, to make it a 'fair' fight. Screw that.
    ...my comments have been about American TV productions, idk where you got that idea from.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    ...my comments have been about American TV productions, idk where you got that idea from.

NOIR. Maybe we would understand you if you had any concept that differs American TV productions from Actual, Real Life, Wartime situations. Such as that shown in the video.

TV programs just never seem to have the same effect when it comes to defending your's, or someone else's life.

No REALITY TV program authorizes the use of FORCE to prevent the Killers from surviving. That's why we have a Military who isn't ACTING.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    NOIR. Maybe we would understand you if you had any concept that differs American TV productions from Actual, Real Life, Wartime situations. Such as that shown in the video.

TV programs just never seem to have the same effect when it comes to defending your's, or someone else's life.

No REALITY TV program authorizes the use of FORCE to prevent the Killers from surviving. That's why we have a Military who isn't ACTING.
    ohmalawd...i wish you could of heard the sound i made when i read this post, but you'll have to make due with a representative picture -

anyways I'ma /quit this thread because i just can't put my thoughts into the right words to really convey my meaning so we're ending up down some weird side-streets, and its not like its meant to be a srs thread anyways so yeah, carry on ^,^;
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

While I can understand your enthusiasm for dispatching an enemy, turning a person into a pink mist is not exactly something I would "lol" about no matter who it is unless it was in a computer game.
    اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

During the time around 2003, I saw some photos of an Iraqi that got hit in the head by the .50 Cal sniper rifle. I recall looking at the Barratt .50 cal when I bought the M-1 Garand. Anyway, I believe one could be had for about $3,500 at that gun shop brand new.

The Iraqi got hit just about dead center on his head and it was split in half as if hit by a huge ax.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Whit View Post
    During the time around 2003, I saw some photos of an Iraqi that got hit in the head by the .50 Cal sniper rifle. I recall looking at the Barratt .50 cal when I bought the M-1 Garand. Anyway, I believe one could be had for about $3,500 at that gun shop brand new.

The Iraqi got hit just about dead center on his head and it was split in half as if hit by a huge ax.
    Got a link(?) I'd love to see that.. Seeing the enemy die is a hobby of mine.-Tyr

M-1 Garand is a fine rifle but nothing beats the M-14 in my book, it has it all as a battle rifle. .
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 11-18-2012 at 09:04 PM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    While I can understand your enthusiasm for dispatching an enemy, turning a person into a pink mist is not exactly something I would "lol" about no matter who it is unless it was in a computer game.
    That's you - but you DO realize that Hamas makes pink mist appear regularly, no? Do you condemn their laughing about it and their motto about loving death as much as Israel loves life?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    That's you - but you DO realize that Hamas makes pink mist appear regularly, no? Do you condemn their laughing about it and their motto about loving death as much as Israel loves life?
    Condemn their motto, hell he endorses it because they are muslim..-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Got a link(?) I'd love to see that.. Seeing the enemy die is a hobby of mine.-Tyr

M-1 Garand is a fine rifle but nothing beats the M-14 in my book, it has it all as a battle rifle. .
    I have to check to see if I have the photos. I was issued a M-14 in Germany and never fired it. It was brand new when I got it and still new the day I left. I fired the M-14 a lot at Fort Ord in advanced inf training. I really liked that rifle.

I was supposed to stay qualified with the M-14 in Germany but as a HQ/HQ company clerk, I could get out of anything. Also, I don't know where the range was in that part of Germany and did not want to be bothered with the hassle of going to the range. My unit was mostly administrative and I can't recall anything I prepared to get guys to the range. If there was to be using weapons on the range, I wouild think I wuuld have typed that up and posted it to the bulletin board. I did the guard duty and KP lists so I do recall those.

By the way, I was just looking at the Barrett Site (I had spelled it wrong) and the company is in TN. They have videos on their site of the snipers shooting.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    I think the site is called Ogrish or something if you want to look at pictures of death all day. Whatever floats your boat....

Hamas doesn't have good enough aim to make pink mist. And no, I would not support it if they did laugh about killing someone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Hamas doesn't have good enough aim to make pink mist. And no, I would not support it if they did laugh about killing someone.
    Bombs have similar effects at times. I wonder if an when you will ever answer the question multiple people have asked of you, as to whether or not you support a terrorist organization, Hamas, or will you come out and condemn them?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bombs have similar effects at times. I wonder if an when you will ever answer the question multiple people have asked of you, as to whether or not you support a terrorist organization, Hamas, or will you come out and condemn them?
    I neither support nor condemn them but I do lean towards support since someone has to do something about Israel's brutal subjugation of the Palestinians.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

While I abhor death in general, I tend to celebrate ridding evil people from the world.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I neither support nor condemn them but I do lean towards support since someone has to do something about Israel's brutal subjugation of the Palestinians.
    A jew hating terrorist supporter, what a shocker.