Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Default 12 unreleased Jimi Hendrix songs coming out on March 5th.

March 5th , my birthday , there will be 12 previously unreleased Jimi Hendrix songs hitting the store shelves. This is great, I will buy the first day available. Hendrix was awesome.. -Tyr

http://music.msn.com/music/article.a...id=rr-mus-news

© Joel Axelrad/Retna Ltd. / Jimi Hendrix

12 unreleased Jimi Hendrix songs to debut March 5
    Nov. 21, 2012, 5:25 PM EST

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A new Jimi Hendrix album is coming March 5.
    The musician's website says "People, Hell and Angels" contains 12 previously unreleased tracks recorded in 1968 and '69.
    Bing: Andre 3000 playing Hendrix in biopic
    Rolling Stone revealed the album cover on its website Wednesday. Hendrix recorded the songs apart from the Jimi Hendrix Experience as he considered new, experimental directions for his follow-up to "Electric Ladyland." He plays keyboards, percussion and a second guitar on the album.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Tyr. You and others may find this hard to believe but. My wife and I were members of an Ambulance Squad in August of 1969. The same year we were married. And.....WE SAW, AND HEARD JIMMIE in person at....."WOODSTOCK"!

In fact. We not only heard, and saw Jimmie. But many of the others who were there...even during the thunderstorms, and all of the Mud where FREE LOVE, dancing nude, and Trip Tents were where the LSD kiddies passed out, and escaped the world of the 1960's like no other time in their lives.

Jimmie was big, but not really that big until after he died. Guess this tells you how old I and my wife are. The Memories are faded, but never completely gone.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

This is a potentially monumental discovery. Being that Hendrix is the greatest guitarist of all time.

The casual Hendrix fan might not be as interested. The new recordings are supposed to be Hendrix experimenting with other instruments (particularly keyboards), choral arrangements and multiple overdubs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    This is a potentially monumental discovery. Being that Hendrix is the greatest guitarist of all time.

The casual Hendrix fan might not be as interested. The new recordings are supposed to be Hendrix experimenting with other instruments (particularly keyboards), choral arrangements and multiple overdubs.
    Well, at least you have good taste in music! - -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Hendrix was awesome, but likely wouldn't even fall into the top 10 of best guitarists of all time. Satriani and Malmsteen would blow him away, Rhodes was better, so is EVH, Clapton. Jimmy Page was better.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Ever listen to the Trans Siberian Orchestra? IMO, they stole it from Malmsteen!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kq6HRE0wtYI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Then the incomparable Joe Satriani:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/F4fPv450OYM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Almost forgot Chris Impellitteri - here he is with Somewhere over the Rainbow:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ytvzMr1N1m8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Sorry Jim, every guitarist in the electric era has learned and stolen from Hendrix. He was an original and an innovator.
    Page, Clapton and Townshend all witnessed Hendrix in his formative stages while playing London clubs and bowed down to him as the greatest. Satriani and Malmsteem both have admitted being heavily influenced by Hendrix.

Tyr, what other music do you enjoy? My parents were both huge music fans, so I was raised with 60's and 70's music.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Happy 70th birthday to the greatest guitarist ever.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Sorry Jim, every guitarist in the electric era has learned and stolen from Hendrix. He was an original and an innovator.
    Page, Clapton and Townshend all witnessed Hendrix in his formative stages while playing London clubs and bowed down to him as the greatest. Satriani and Malmsteem both have admitted being heavily influenced by Hendrix.

Tyr, what other music do you enjoy? My parents were both huge music fans, so I was raised with 60's and 70's music.
    Have to agree with Gabby on this one. At least to the extent that Hendrix was a big influence on many of his contemporaries and those that came after him. One minor note is that Malmsteen has no Hendrix influence and nothing about his music would indicate it. In fact, the guy is so full of himself that he can only view his own reflection as his primary musical influence

Jim, I see by the examples you provided that your are a big fan of the classical speed freak guitarists. They are awesome players from a technical perspective but their music lacks any soul, with a couple of minor exceptions. And I say that as a fan of a few of them myself. EVH, SRV, and Hendrix are my absolute favorite guitarists but I must give the overall edge to Hendrix. He was the first to take guitar into unexplored and often bewildering territory.

Anyway, looking forward to the new material as well

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknuckles View Post
    Have to agree with Gabby on this one. At least to the extent that Hendrix was a big influence on many of his contemporaries and those that came after him. One minor note is that Malmsteen has no Hendrix influence and nothing about his music would indicate it. In fact, the guy is so full of himself that he can only view his own reflection as his primary musical influence

Jim, I see by the examples you provided that your are a big fan of the classical speed freak guitarists. They are awesome players from a technical perspective but their music lacks any soul, with a couple of minor exceptions. And I say that as a fan of a few of them myself. EVH, SRV, and Hendrix are my absolute favorite guitarists but I must give the overall edge to Hendrix. He was the first to take guitar into unexplored and often bewildering territory.

Anyway, looking forward to the new material as well
    No doubt that Hendrix was there in the beginning and a major influence on others, but that doesn't mean those after him can't ultimately be better!

And BOTH Malmsteen and Satriani are kind of full of themselves, but many of the greats are. It's their talent with the axe that impresses me. And while speed is a part of it, just listen to Satch play "always with you always with me" again, it's as if you can hear words in there and yet it's pure guitar genius. The guys I mention were not all about speed, some of their classical playing is even better IMO, because it shows off their talents. Believe it or not, another I place up there is Randy Rhodes. To this day many try to play "Dee" and fail. While he died while playing for Ozzy, some believe he would have eventually went solo and played classical and similar things to Satriani. The video below is of Randy when he was just 20, 3 versions of Dee. Can you imagine how great he would have become? But seriously, pop in some other Satch or Malmsteen songs that are minus the speed and you'll see the soul. Or put Clapton in your player! Jimmy Page's playing is all heart and soul too.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C6hWdfrJ1kQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No argument on Clapton, Page , and Rhodes. I could actually play "Dee" pretty well. It got a little rough around the fast trills but otherwise not bad if I do say so.
    I like Satch too. Favorite Album is "Flying in a Blue Dream" with "Back to Shalla-Bal" as one of my favorite songs. Of course he had to go and screw everything up when he opened his mouth and started singing on "I believe"

Malmsteen is just a dick .

Sorry Jim

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknuckles View Post
    No argument on Clapton, Page , and Rhodes. I could actually play "Dee" pretty well. It got a little rough around the fast trills but otherwise not bad if I do say so.
    I like Satch too. Favorite Album is "Flying in a Blue Dream" with "Back to Shalla-Bal" as one of my favorite songs. Of course he had to go and screw everything up when he opened his mouth and started singing on "I believe"

Malmsteen is just a dick .

Sorry Jim
    Satch's original "Surfing with the Alien" was his best, or at least my favorite. And yep, a singer he is not! LOL I like pretty much everything he did minus the vocals. I'm not a player, I got it all from Sir Evil my brother, he's the guitar player in the family, but I'm a music nut. Grading guitarists is really hard, and of course ones style of music is going to influence their decision.

As for Malmsteen, c'mon, tell me this isn't awesome!

Some good classical:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Fn6-XqmkKUA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Speed:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WpDblDia5TE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    As for Malmsteen, c'mon, tell me this isn't awesome!
    I'll come a little clean and admit the guy is good. Most of my dislike for him comes from my teenage years. Back then I thought EVH was the fastest, most awesome guitarist alive.
    Then a friend of mine, by the name of Glenn, came over with a Malmsteen record just to spite me. It was his way of telling me Santa Claus wasn't real.

So.... Glenn
    and Malmsteen