Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknuckles View Post
    I'll come a little clean and admit the guy is good. Most of my dislike for him comes from my teenage years. Back then I thought EVH was the fastest, most awesome guitarist alive.
    Then a friend of mine, by the name of Glenn, came over with a Malmsteen record just to spite me. It was his way of telling me Santa Claus wasn't real.

So.... Glenn
    and Malmsteen

Honestly, I don't even own any Malmsteen audio, only a handful of mp3's. I think he's awesome, but not worth buying. The only thing I ever bought purely based on guitar playing was Satriani. The others have all benefited from being with great bands, for the most part. One would have to wonder if Jimmy Page would be recognized as a top5 guitarist if he weren't in Zeppelin.

And BTW, I don't think Santa is real. I've been asking that fat bastard for a monkey for like 40yrs now and no go. I then lessened my hopes and asked for a recliner for about 10yrs now and no go there either. The fat man is slacking!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Sorry Jim, every guitarist in the electric era has learned and stolen from Hendrix. He was an original and an innovator.
    Page, Clapton and Townshend all witnessed Hendrix in his formative stages while playing London clubs and bowed down to him as the greatest. Satriani and Malmsteem both have admitted being heavily influenced by Hendrix.

Tyr, what other music do you enjoy? My parents were both huge music fans, so I was raised with 60's and 70's music.
    My range is pretty wide. I love Rock first but also country/western, blues, jazz and quite a lot of classical music.
    Only one music form do I dislike and that is rap, nothing racist about my objections to it. I just think its void of any redeeming qualities and kind of stupid. Basicly the same crap , repeated a couple dozen different ways! Now country is coming on with some truly amazing talent! Im just now getting back into looking at it closer.
    Who would have thunk it, I actually had a pleasant exchange with gabby and even enjoyed it. No lightning bolts from the sky please. --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Honestly, I don't even own any Malmsteen audio, only a handful of mp3's. I think he's awesome, but not worth buying. The only thing I ever bought purely based on guitar playing was Satriani. The others have all benefited from being with great bands, for the most part. One would have to wonder if Jimmy Page would be recognized as a top5 guitarist if he weren't in Zeppelin.

And BTW, I don't think Santa is real. I've been asking that fat bastard for a monkey for like 40yrs now and no go. I then lessened my hopes and asked for a recliner for about 10yrs now and no go there either. The fat man is slacking!
    Jim about complaining, many , many moons ago I tried complaining about Christmas present to my first wife. After our 2nd Christmas together I complained that I did NOT get that Browning 12 gauge Automatic shotgun that I had shown her a couple of times.
    She replied, well you didnt give me enough! Right off she knew Id been holding back. So after that everytime we got frisky in bed I gave her more. Nice, we both were pleased about it. Come next Christmas she had a special present for me, right off I knew it wasnt my desired gun-the box was way too small , but it was a box of shotgun shells! I asked, what gives? She replied, you are doing fine work, if I give you the prize right away ,you may decide to rest on your laurels . Just be quiet, continue to do your work with gusto and the gun will be coming !
    I was just a tad irritated and yelled , but baby , I did as you requested and gave you more , didnt I ?
    SHE JUST SMILED AND SAID, YOU SURE DID AND ITS BEEN TRULY FANTASTIC BUT I WAS TALKING ABOUT MONEY SILLY.. THAT GUN ISNT CHEAP! True story, sad but true..
    Women, who can figure them out?? --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.