Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Was Jesus gay?

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Pedophile

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Give me a reason why it isn't so.

There are a many reasons why Jesus is gay as there are that Muhammad was a pedophile.
    Unless you define pedophile as those children not yet having reached puberty, you might be wrong.

Trying to reach back to what I know of Muhammad has me reclaling him having teen girls in his group of wives but teens don't make a person a pedophile.

I dunno why so many posters lump in teens with the children who are not in puberty.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

the scholars thinking is sick.
    In the greek there are 4 words for Love.

Storge Love- Storge is the natural bond between mother and infant, father, children, and kin. William Barclay states, "We cannot help loving our kith and kin; blood is thicker than water" (N.T. Words, 1974).

Phileo Love - Phileo love is a love of the affections. It is delighting to be in the presence of another, a warm feeling that comes and goes with intensity. The Bible encourages it but it is never a direct command. God never commands phileo since this type of love is based on the feelings. God Himself did not phileo the world but rather operated in agape love towards us. I cannot have a warm tender feeling toward an enemy but I can agape love them.

Agape Love - Agape love is God's kind of love. It is seeking the welfare and betterment of another regardless of how we feel. Agape does not have the primary meaning of feelings or affection. Jesus displayed it when he went to the cross and died for you and me regardless of how He felt. In the gospels Jesus prayed, "Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless, not as I will, but as thou wilt" (Mt. 26:39; Mk. 14:36; Lk. 22:41-43; Jn. 18:11). Jesus sought the betterment of you and me, regardless of His feelings. Matthew 7:12 states it this way, "So whatever you wish that men would do to you, do so to them; for this is the law and the prophets"

Eros Love - A word that was not actually used in the New Testament but was alluded to. It meant physical passion; its gratification and fulfillment. The Greek word is probably not used in the New Testament because the origin of the word came from the mythical god Eros, the god of love. It is inferred in many scriptures and is the only kind of love that God restricts to a one-man, one-woman relationship within the bounds of marriage (Heb. 13:4; Song 1:13; 4:5-6; 7:7-9; 8:10; 1 Cor. 7:25; Eph. 5:31).

the word used in the passages the "scholar" quotes that Jesus uses is the word Agapeo.
    the Disciple whom he loved.
    in other passages he uses the same word where he tells the disciples the father's loved toward him and the fathers loved toward the disciples. Is God in homosexual relations with all the disciples. Jesus said he loved all the disciples ,same word, and said they all should "love one another as he loved them" what does that mean?
    there another verse where it's said that Jesus loved -same word- Mary, Martha AND their brother Lazarus. "The people could tell." Should we wonder what that means too? the Bible also says that the Church is the bride of Christ? What does the scholar think of THAT!!???

A sex drenched culture does not like to fathom or allow for non sexual affection.
    Or as Grandma might have put it "the scholars and others that go for that have disgusting filthy minds."
    Last edited by revelarts; 11-24-2012 at 11:13 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Degree's mean nothing anymore. Anyone, anywhere, at any time can get all the Degree's they want. Right here Online.
    And for those who actually took part in college, and earned their degree's.
    Still no big deal if they must mark their hands, and feet with "R" and "L". Book Educated Degree's do not mean the
    recipient is Smarter than anyone else. Gabby is the best example of that falsehood.

Just look at all of the bragging celebrities who occupy Hollywood, with degree's in Entertainment. And who also think they are
    smarter than average Americans who HONESTLY earned their degree's without selling their soul.
    Hi there, Aboutime. I'm NightTrain, or NT as most older board members refer to me as.

I'm not around as much as I should be, due to work restraints. 7-10s on the road and helicopter stretch me thin, but I still keep track of the board even though I don't post much these days because I refuse to be a Gabby and 'post and run'.

That is my excuse.

My post that you quoted was sarcastic, and if I had the energy now I'd quote it for you with the thread link. She basically said we're a bunch of morons (surprise surprise) and she's one sharp chick with TWO degrees from So. Cal.

I should have included more hints that I was being facetious, but for newer members and the thousands of guests that frequent this board, I should have been more clear about my intent of my post.

For the record, let it be known that NT considers Gabby as a useless twit, and nothing more.

Even Gabby knows this about herself, which is why she posts something she thinks will rile up the members and then bail.

Honest Injun.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Hi there, Aboutime. I'm NightTrain, or NT as most older board members refer to me as.
    Yeah, for those that don't remember, NT was posting with us and was a huge part of starting USMB when I got things rolling. It was him, another guy "Creek" and my sister. Fun times!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post

I'm not around as much as I should be, due to work restraints. 7-10s on the road and helicopter stretch me thin, but I still keep track of the board even though I don't post much these days because I refuse to be a Gabby and 'post and run'.

That is my excuse.

My post that you quoted was sarcastic, and if I had the energy now I'd quote it for you with the thread link. She basically said we're a bunch of morons (surprise surprise) and she's one sharp chick with TWO degrees from So. Cal.

I should have included more hints that I was being facetious, but for newer members and the thousands of guests that frequent this board, I should have been more clear about my intent of my post.

For the record, let it be known that NT considers Gabby as a useless twit, and nothing more.

Even Gabby knows this about herself, which is why she posts something she thinks will rile up the members and then bail.

Honest Injun.

Thanks very much NT. Your record noted, and agreed. Being facetious isn't something anyone needs to apologize about. There's a really Thin Line here when it comes to such things. In any event. I enjoy the opportunity to come here to learn how easy it is for some to believe they are smart enough to do what you described. Then they bail.
    Such is the nature of the entire Internet Experience.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    Originally Posted by gabosaurus
    Some scholars believe he was. Not that if reflects badly upon His teachings.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...s-gay-probably
    'Some scholars'? Really? 1 guy constitutes 'some' (multiple) now?

Perhaps you could list a few of the scholars that agree with his contention???
    still waiting for that list of 'multiple scholars', gab. Find it yet???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by gabosaurus
    Give me a reason why it isn't so.

There are a many reasons why Jesus is gay as there are that Muhammad was a pedophile.
    Show me in the Bible where Jesus had sex with a man. Islamic writings specifically state Mohammed consummated his marriage to a 9 year old girl.

Dumb ass.
    No comment, gab? using equivalent sources, there is evidence Mohammad had sex with his 9 year old wife, and NOTHING about Jesus being gay.

you FAIL.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

No comment, gab? using equivalent sources, there is evidence Mohammad had sex with his 9 year old wife, and NOTHING about Jesus being gay.
    There is nothing about Mohammad having sex with his 9 year old wife. The prophet had many wives. He had sexual relations with very few of them. Many were merely household staff.
    Jesus was never married and had no Biblical associations with women. He hung out with men all the time. All his dinners were with men. All his travels were with men.
    If you read history from around the time of Jesus, homosexuality was very common and not considered wrong.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is nothing about Mohammad having sex with his 9 year old wife. The prophet had many wives. He had sexual relations with very few of them. Many were merely household staff.
    Jesus was never married and had no Biblical associations with women. He hung out with men all the time. All his dinners were with men. All his travels were with men.

If you read history from around the time of Jesus, homosexuality was very common and not considered wrong.
    Bullshit. The Quar'an specifically states he consummated the marriage to one wife when she was 9 years old. You DO know what that word means, right? Consummated???

As did 99% of the male Jewish population in the day. Women were even barred from worship services in the same room as men. Does that make all Jewish men of the day gay?

Link to proof of that last statement please.

You're a moron of epic proportions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

There is nothing about Mohammad having sex with his 9 year old wife
    Bullshit. The Quar'an specifically states he consummated the marriage to one wife when she was 9 years old. You DO know what that word means, right? Consummated???
    From the hadith of Bukhari, volume 5, #234

"Narrated Aisha: The prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six. We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Harith Kharzraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became all right, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's messenger came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age."

Bukhari vol. 7, #65:

"Narrated Aisha that the prophet wrote the marriage contract with her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old. Hisham said: "I have been informed that Aisha remained with the prophet for nine years (i.e. till his death).""

From the hadith of Muslim, volume 2, #3309

Aisha reported: Allah’s Messenger married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house at the age of nine….

From the hadith of the Sunan of Abu Dawud, volume 2, #2116

"Aisha said, "The Apostle of Allah married me when I was seven years old." (The narrator Sulaiman said: "Or six years."). "He had intercourse with me when I was 9 years old."

From "The History of Tabari", volume 9, page 131

"Then the men and women got up and left. The Messenger of God consummated his marriage with me in my house when I was nine years old. Neither a camel nor a sheep was slaughtered on behalf of me"...(The Prophet) married her three years before the Emigration, when she was seven years old and consummated the marriage when she was nine years old, after he had emigrated to Medina in Shawwal. She was eighteen years old when he died.

From the Encyclopedia of Islam, under "Aisha":

"Some time after the death of Khadija, Khawla suggested to Muhammad that he should marry either Aisha, the 6 year old daughter of his chief follower, or Sawda Zama, a widow of about 30, who had gone as a Muslim to Abyssinia and whose husband had died there. Muhammad is said to have asked her to arrange for him to marry both. It had already been agreed that Aisha should marry Djubayr Mutim, whose father, though still pagan, was friendly to the Muslims. By common consent, however, this agreement was set aside, and Muhammad was betrothed to Aisha... The marriage was not consummated until some months after the Hidjra, (in April 623, 624). Aisha went to live in an apartment in Muhammad's house, later the mosque of Median. She cannot have been more than ten years old at the time and took her toys to her new home."
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Wow,
    Mohammad had a 9 year old wife and many wives but you give him beny of the doubt that he DID NOT have sex with the 9 year old or other wives that LIVED with him and ate with him etc.
    But you say wrongly that Jesus was never near women(Several women traveled with him,) But traveled with Men hung out with men and therefore MUST HAVE had sex with them? really?

When you have an honest point to make there might be something to talk about but this is just trying to rattle the can Gab. Why? there are other things that might have merit against Christianity or Christians but this one is just needlessly provocative.
    Last edited by revelarts; 11-26-2012 at 12:04 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gabby must have thought Mohammad had consommé with his 9 yr old wife.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Even the thought of marrying a 6 year old is sickening. How in the world can a 6 year old consent to such a thing and understand what is happening? And yes, I know it wasn't just Muhammad, and other did so too, and I think they're all sick. And while Muhammad became a pedophile by having sex with a 9yr old, I suppose it's possible that other sickos did the same. But there's only one that I am aware of that is held in the highest esteem as a prophet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

GABBY. I will say it for everyone. GABBY. YOU ARE AN IDIOT!
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius

on your first point...
    http://www.wikiislam.net/wiki/Aisha_Age_of_Consummation
    "Aisha said, "The Apostle of Allah married me when I was seven years old." (The narrator Sulaiman said: "Or six years."). "He had intercourse with me when I was 9 years old."
    Abu-Dawud 2:2116
    As to your second point, link???