Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Just a thought....why do you feel that you need to attend or belong to a church?
    to get to heaven of course.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Whit View Post
    Any Mormon can be a good Mormon and not pay tithing. But the church does have a lock on you should you want to do work in the Temple. They also won't perform certain things for you if you won't tithe.

They do so much good with the money that at least it is not money spent to pay for leaders.
    We don't pay leaders. We don't supply them with fancy homes or cars.
    The Mormon church owns the largest newspaper and the largest TV station in Utah. They have a stake in many of the largest businesses. They have built multimillion dollar shopping malls.
    If the LDS don't pay their leaders, how have the leaders become so wealthy?

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just a thought....why do you feel that you need to attend or belong to a church?
    Since this followed my message about the mormon Church, I shall reply.

I am very lazy when it comes to going to church. I can't deny my baptism.

I have been thinking about going back to church. Why?

Fellowship. Remind myself that there is something out there more important than serving only myself.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    The Mormon church owns the largest newspaper and the largest TV station in Utah. They have a stake in many of the largest businesses. They have built multimillion dollar shopping malls.

Gabby. Try asking that same question about OBAMA and members of Congress.

Otherwise. Your hatred for what seems like ANYTHING related to, or connected with Mormonism is nothing but BIGOTRY.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If you're addressing this question to me... I have several reasons, but I do not feel the need to explain or justify my decision to anyone.

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That as I have discovered is a hard nut to crack. I believe my research shows that the church plays no role in active management.

The Church does not pay leaders. Any leaders that got rich did it in ways such as Romney did. My uncle got rich in Utah as a church member by building tract homes and custom homes and commercial buildings. The only church cash he got was when he built mormon churches.

I can't explain how all of them got rich but it is well known to church members that leaders do not get paid to do church work.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KitchenKitten99 View Post
    If you're addressing this question to me... I have several reasons, but I do not feel the need to explain or justify my decision to anyone.

Nope wasn't addressing anyone in particular...just curious.
    You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word. ~ Gaffer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There are many who attend church services to seek the word of God. Or to seek comfort in their time of need.
    This is my main beef with churches who emphasize stewardship, or regular contributions. I have heard Mormon leaders state that you can be a good member without giving 10 percent of your income to the church. To be fair, other churches and religions state the same thing.
    Again, isn't the point of going to Church to learn God's will and help you live by it? The law of tithing is a pretty specific commandment. God said that those who didn't pay it are robbing Him, very pointedly in the scriptures. And it comes with a promise to have the windows of heaven be poured out upon you with compliance. I know my life isn't nearly as good when I am not paying tithes as when I am. God pours out blessings I don't expect with it.

Ultimately, it's an exercise of faith. Do you have the faith to return to God 10% of what He has already given you? And He has provided one of the greatest promises for compliance, in Malachi Chapter 3 with an invitation to prove Him. So do it. Exercise some faith. Because if you don't have faith to give 10% of what you have, how can you possibly get the faith to give everything, which is what God is truly asking us for.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Christianity isn't just about our personal reconciliation with God. It's also about our reconciliation with our fellow man. That's what Church is for. To help us build our communities, to serve our brethren, to lift one another.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard