Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    Despite these attacks against Illinois Muslims in the wake of his statements, Walsh steadfastly refused to apologise for his rhetoric demonising the Muslim-Americans and instead doubled-down on his blanket accusations against them, a reflection of the mainstream acceptability of anti-Muslim rhetoric by political figures in the US today.
    Indeed the use of Muslims as a punching bag by opportunistic politicians seeking a minority group to scapegoat has become a regular feature of American political life which shows no signs of abating, despite the "trickle-down" effect by which this bigotry is now manifesting itself in real violence against innocent Muslim-Americans on a regular basis.
    Behind this hatemongering lies a deep cynicism, as leading anti-Muslim politicians such as Newt Gingrich who have warned of "stealth jihad" and other nefarious plots by Muslims in America were within recent years helping facilitateSharia-compliant finance programmes in the country and who maintained notably cordial relations with prominent Muslim leaders.
    Well, again, young Jafar, this isn't quite accurate. Here's what Walsh said :

Quote Originally Posted by CBS Chicago
    “One thing I’m sure of is that there are people in this country – there is a radical strain of Islam in this country – it’s not just over there – trying to kill Americans every week. It is a real threat, and it is a threat that is much more at home now than it was after 9/11,” Walsh said.

I don't think any thinking person would say that there aren't any radical muslims plotting something evil in America, right now.

Would you disagree with this? Only time will tell, of course, but I guarantee that within the next year we'll have yet another incident where the FBI, CIA or local cops uncover yet another plot to kill Americans by muslims right here in the USA.

In any event, Joe Walsh was defeated soundly in the last election by a woman who is a 20 year veteran of the US Army, who had her legs blown off in combat as she was performing a mission in Iraq in a helicopter.

Newt Gingrich has had access to a ton of Top Secret information due to his many years as one of the most powerful people in the US Government.

If Newt says there is a threat from muslims, I'd have to say there's probably a threat from muslims.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that every American in the USA would agree that there is a threat from muslims, even if Newt and Walsh hadn't stated the obvious.

I'd even go so far as to say that you, young Jafar, if you were honest, would agree that there is a threat from muslims to Americans.

Other than pandering to their muslim audience, I really don't see what Al Jazeera was doing with that whole paragraph.

We already know that there are muslims that are a threat to Americans, right here in America. We've all known this since 9/11/01, and it wasn't Newt or Walsh that enlightened us.

It was muslims.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Political hatemongering
    With Muslim-bashing becoming politically fashionable in recent years, politicians such as Gingrich have markedly changed their tune and it has been to the detriment of Muslim-Americans, as well as to the general level of social cohesion and tolerance in the country.

In addition to political hatemongering, the past several years have seen a highly organised and well-funded group of anti-Muslim activists who have been sponsoring campaigns targeting Muslims across the country.
    Leading figures in this movement such as Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer have led a crusade to vilify Muslims throughout the country and to exclude them from public life through campaigns of smears and hate-mongering which have cast Muslim-Americans as an insidious fifth column within the country.
    Their views have gotten considerable popular attention, and thanks to a documented network of funders and media associates they have managed to bring their message to people across the United States.
    In the past few months, a major controversy erupted when Geller's anti-Muslim organisation sponsored the placement of Islamophobic advertisements at major subway stations in New York as well as in other cities across the country.
    Some advertisements depicted pictures of the 9/11 attacks with verses from the Quran superimposed, while others called Muslims "savages" and implored people to "fight Jihad". While the campaign has been challenged by many liberal commentators, including one infamous incident in which Egyptian-American activist Mona Eltahawy was arrested for attempting to cover a sign with pink spray paint, they continue to run across the country and to spread a message of indiscriminate, vitriolic hatred towards Muslim-Americans in a manner unlikely to be tolerated were it to pertain to any other minority group.
    While correlation does not necessarily imply causation, the question must be asked - what effect do advertisements such as these have on the psyches' of people such as Erika Menendez? Was Sunando Sen, a law-abiding, hardworking immigrant who had given his life to achieving the American dream and who was pushed to his death by a woman who "hated Muslims" a direct victim of this campaign of bigotry? That he lost his life on the same subway system which for months has played host to hateful, incendiary advertisements such as Geller's is a tragic irony but is in many ways the natural result of a national culture of anti-Muslim bigotry that has become mainstream in both politics and popular culture.
    The sad, inescapable truth is that Sen will likely not be the last victim of the accelerating phenomena of violence against Muslims in the United States - the only question today is how far into the darkness America must travel before it decides to take a stand against it.
    Murtaza Hussain is a Toronto-based writer and analyst focused on issues related to Middle Eastern politics.

Ah, yes. The posters in the subways incident.

First amendment applies, we all see things that we may or may not agree with, but we won't stone anyone to death or cut their heads off on video for it. It's the civilized thing to do.

As far as "savages", I have been known to refer to radical muslims as savages. I still do.

You may quote me on that.

Mona Eltahawy was arrested after committing vandalism. It's against the law to vandalize, and I watched the whole thing on YouTube. Just because she was a muslim does not excuse her behavior - I know you muslims like to excuse law breaking for whatever reason, but we have laws here in the USA that apply to everyone - not just a few based on their religion. It's fair that way, and keeps things civilized.

Finally, Murtaza Hussein wraps up his thoughtful article with his suggestion that Ms. Menendez was driven to yet another act of Criminally Insane behavior by the previous list of sketchy half-truths and massive distortions.

We already know that Menendez is a nutjob and should have been permanently locked up years ago for her many attacks on ordinary Americans, as the article I conveniently provided for your perusal will show.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I can't help but be suspicious of this story simply because anti American sentiment has been on the rise in Muslim countries for how many decades? I fail to see how this would be an unexpected result especially since 911 and other events that have occured.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Looks like Jafar has pulled a Gabby. When the facts get to be too much - head for the hills!!

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Tyr, aboutime and others, you should be ashamed.

YOUR anti Islam campaigning translates into deaths at the hands of people driven insane by hate speech campaigns against Muslims. And it's not just Muslims who are the victims either. Anyone with brown skin, a beard, or a turban is at risk of attack because of this.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opi...815198642.html
    Hey hotshot, let me know when the US has a record like this then we can talk
    Put the Numbers in Perspective

More people are killed by Islamists each year than in all 350 years of the Spanish Inquisition combined. (source)

Islamic terrorists murder more people every day than the Ku Klux Klan has in the last 50 years. (
    source)

More civilians were killed by Muslim extremists in two hours on September 11th than in the 36 years of sectarian conflict in Northern Ireland. (source)

19 Muslim hijackers killed more innocents in two hours on September 11th than the number of American criminals executed in the last 65 years. (source)
    http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spiralling out of control?

Why the need to exagerate? Why not tell the truth?
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I'm still waiting for Jafar to respond to all these posts.

Did he really take his cue from Gabby and run from the thread after such a bold opening post?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    I'm still waiting for Jafar to respond to all these posts.

Did he really take his cue from Gabby and run from the thread after such a bold opening post?
    He's probably off telling anyone who will listen how he won this debate.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, I wonder when Bashar al-Assad has been a subject to anti Islam campaign translating into deaths at the hands of people driven insane by hate speech campaigns against Muslims? Because that dude has been killing alot of muslims!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MtnBiker View Post
    Wow, I wonder when Bashar al-Assad has been a subject to anti Islam campaign translating into deaths at the hands of people driven insane by hate speech campaigns against Muslims? Because that dude has been killing alot of muslims!

MtnBiker. Assad has an Army similar to what Saddam in Iraq had for more than 30 years. Protection out the YING-YANG, and those who surround him know. If they betray him. THEY DIE TOO!

He doesn't care if his people are Muslim. Power is stronger than a few people out of a few Billion.

And, since Obama/America hasn't lifted a finger to stop him. He's got an OPEN CHECKBOOK, or Unlimited Credit to survive, with the blessings of his Brotherhood Chum Obama.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, again, young Jafar, this isn't quite accurate. Here's what Walsh said :

I don't think any thinking person would say that there aren't any radical muslims plotting something evil in America, right now.

Would you disagree with this? Only time will tell, of course, but I guarantee that within the next year we'll have yet another incident where the FBI, CIA or local cops uncover yet another plot to kill Americans by muslims right here in the USA.
    Maybe there is. Maybe there are some radical Christians, Jews, Atheists or Jedis doing the same too. Then again, you could say that these Muslims and Christians who plot to kill innocents have renounced their faith by their actions. Islam, and as far as I know, Christianity cannot support the killing of innocent people.

Newt Gingrich has had access to a ton of Top Secret information due to his many years as one of the most powerful people in the US Government.
    Newt Gingrich wears his Zionism on his sleeve for all to see. You would expect a man who says the Palestine never existed and that Palestinians are a manufactured people to have an anti Islamic agenda to push. And as we know, Zionists are not known for their truthfulness.

If Newt says there is a threat from muslims, I'd have to say there's probably a threat from muslims.
    I'd say your actions overseas have garnered some attention from terrorists who wish to get revenge. Whether they call themselves Muslim or not is of no consequence. They are simply criminals and that's it.

The fact is that 99.999999% of Muslims in the US are peaceful, law abiding citizens who do not deserve to be harassed, attacked or killed. They certainly don't deserve to be vilified and demonised.

We already know that there are muslims that are a threat to Americans, right here in America. We've all known this since 9/11/01, and it wasn't Newt or Walsh that enlightened us.

It was muslims.
    I disagree. Those who attacked you on 9/11, if the intelligence is to be believed were fare from Muslim and not just from their final act of murdering innocent people. Soon after 9/11, there was a mountain of condemnation from Muslims and Islamic Leaders and several fatwas against such terrorism all with copious evidence from Islamic scripture to point out that 9/11 was far from an Islamic act.

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Looks like Jafar has pulled a Gabby. When the facts get to be too much - head for the hills!!
    Excuse me for having alife outside of this forum

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Hey hotshot, let me know when the US has a record like this then we can talk
    I'm discussing what happens inside a stable country. The USA. If you want to discuss body counts in war zones that the US has created or participated in, create another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnBiker View Post
    Bashar will get his reward soon enough. He deserves the same treatment Quadhafi got.
    اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Maybe there is. Maybe there are some radical Christians, Jews, Atheists or Jedis doing the same too. Then again, you could say that these Muslims and Christians who plot to kill innocents have renounced their faith by their actions. Islam, and as far as I know, Christianity cannot support the killing of innocent people.

Newt Gingrich wears his Zionism on his sleeve for all to see. You would expect a man who says the Palestine never existed and that Palestinians are a manufactured people to have an anti Islamic agenda to push. And as we know, Zionists are not known for their truthfulness.

I'd say your actions overseas have garnered some attention from terrorists who wish to get revenge. Whether they call themselves Muslim or not is of no consequence. They are simply criminals and that's it.

The fact is that 99.999999% of Muslims in the US are peaceful, law abiding citizens who do not deserve to be harassed, attacked or killed. They certainly don't deserve to be vilified and demonised.

I disagree. Those who attacked you on 9/11, if the intelligence is to be believed were fare from Muslim and not just from their final act of murdering innocent people. Soon after 9/11, there was a mountain of condemnation from Muslims and Islamic Leaders and several fatwas against such terrorism all with copious evidence from Islamic scripture to point out that 9/11 was far from an Islamic act.

Excuse me for having alife outside of this forum

I'm discussing what happens inside a stable country. The USA. If you want to discuss body counts in war zones that the US has created or participated in, create another thread.

Bashar will get his reward soon enough. He deserves the same treatment Quadhafi got.
    Just a thought: You would have provoked less ire if you had not used Owl Jazeera as your source.