I was hoping to again address the overall tone of the board if I could. Things seem a little mean, and a little nasty as of late. And yep, as usual, I've been in the thick of it. I've tried to make amends with those I have offended and am trying to be a little more pleasant to post with, that's really all I can do, and learn from it.

I was hoping we can all pitch in, and try and be a little more pleasant when we post, and especially so with those we disagree with, or might even dislike. Hell, you may even consider other members as your sworn enemies. But let's face it, making the place unpleasant won't do any good except to perhaps scare off members or have less participating in certain threads. You can still dislike or even hate someone without posting with toxic words and evil overtones.

Like I've told countless people over the years - instead of beating someone with personal attacks, beat them with spirited debate and knowledge, and facts. It feels much better to outwit someone than it does to out curse them or use meaner terminology.

And why am I bringing this up? It's various reasons, and the first starts with me. I know I've been a jerk to a few people over the past few months. I don't want to be "that" person. Not liking me because of my politics and views I can deal with, but I don't want people not liking me because I went off the handle and said things that were improper or out of line.

People have been posting less, and I know a small handful have come to me to speak about the tone. Hell, a handful spoke to ME about MY tone! And those people were right to do so. This is a community and we all SHARE the place. We all have freedom of speech to say what we please, but we don't always have to use that freedom to make others feel uncomfortable or unwanted around here. I believe we are all here to share thoughts, views, debate, discuss & have a tiny little place on the internet where even though we all have our differences, we all call the place home.

I might be wrong to judge others way of posting when I am an offender myself. But being a jerk at times doesn't make me blind. If I can recognize it in my own posts, I can sure as hell recognize it in others.

I'm not asking for a love fest around here, but maybe a little less nastiness and desire for hatred. Point out the hatred with facts about things instead of projecting hatred on one another.

And like a broken record - if you TRULY cannot always do so, and MUST be a jerk for a little bit - PLEASE - bring it to the steel cage section and get it off of your chest. This way others won't ignore participating in a thread, or not post, for fear of being a target of sorts.