Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Default City votes to "solve" problem that does not exist

Again - more a commentary on those allowing this knuckleheads to keep their jobs; it's a systemic problem with the voting population. Our society is doomed.

A local TV station reports that the Burlington City Council has voted to approve an assault weapon ban in the city even though none of the weapons they call assault weapons have been used in crime in the city;
    Burlington Police Chief Michael Schirling said most gun crime in the city involves hand guns, not assault weapons.
    Burlington Police could not provide statistics on how many crimes involves assault weapons as that information was not readily available.
    But the citizens of Burlington know;
    “How many semi-automatic rifles have been shot in the city of Burlington with people injured? None,” said Bob Reid. “How many large capacity magazines were used in those rifles? None.”

Well, that doesn’t really matter, because all that’s important to liberals is that they be seen as “doing something” no matter that there’ll be no effect on the particular issue. It’s their intentions that are paramount.

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=33547

Emphasis mine.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'm for it. Good for Burlington.

Military-type assault weapons and high-capacity magazines have been used in EVERY mass killing lately and for some time now. It has to stop. There is no reason non-military citizens should have weapons intended to kill lots of people. I mean, what is that all about, you know?

If you need them for the revolution, guys, the gun manufacturers have the molds and they can turn them out quickly if they have to.

In the meantime the only use for these guns and magazines is maniac amusement, and that's not a good reason to have them around.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mundame View Post

Military-type assault weapons and high-capacity magazines have been used in EVERY mass killing lately and for some time now. It has to stop. There is no reason non-military citizens should have weapons intended to kill lots of people. I mean, what is that all about, you know?
    What if I gave you a reason, would that settle that particular point, in your mind?

Question: How do you determine the intent of an inatimate object, say, a rock? What's the intent of an axe? A stick?

If you need them for the revolution, guys, the gun manufacturers have the molds and they can turn them out quickly if they have to.
    Do you have any idea how guns are made?

In the meantime the only use for these guns and magazines is maniac amusement, and that's not a good reason to have them around.

That's not true at all. The guns are also used for sane amusement - see?

3859064823_d281291eac_z.jpg

I have a few good reasons to have them around: First, they shoot straight and reliable. Second, they work GREAT for ferral pigs. Third, my right to have them shall not be abridged by the Government...right??? RIGHT?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We don't live in the "God Father" movie.

And when it comes to mass killing, you realize that if someone really wants to kill a bunch of people, the don't need a gun. If I truly wanted to, I could take household products, mix em nicely, and put some in the air vents around school. And all that takes is a basic knowledge of chemistry, or Google.

From this logic, after all the bomb threats and mass killings, we should bane cow dung, bleach, cleaner, etc. Or make everyone wear a gas mask at all times.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

This makes me wonder whether we could get the same people in Burlington to also BAN Idiots like them in Washington?

Starting with Obama, and never stopping the ban until 535 Assault Spenders, and American rapists are banished from DC.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    What if I gave you a reason, would that settle that particular point, in your mind?
    Feral pigs, huh? Well, I will say that is the first and only actual good reason I have ever heard or read! I understand fully and appreciate all about varmint problems, and Himself takes out some of those very effectively here, though his most useful shot lately was with a 22. On the other hand, you all keep saying the semi-automatic hunting rifles do the job just as well as an assault rifle. So why not use a hunting rifle for the pig problem and not tempt the psychos in the camouflage and black trench coats?

Do you have any idea how guns are made?
    Certainly not, why should I? Not being a naif, I understand very well why you all want your assault rifles: you are hoping for the Revolution and also you want to defend against any urban mob coming to kill whites.

If this country splits up and has to fight for it, I am so very not concerned that America, gun capital of the world, will suddenly forget how to manufacture ALLLLLLLLL it needs. Hey, you need 'em, they'll make 'em. I think the actual issue is somewhat different: is the Revolution really going to need a lot of men in their 60s and 70s?

That's not true at all. The guns are also used for sane amusement - see?

You call that SANE?? That pretty child is so going to get her shoulder dislocated. I practice with the 20-gauge shotgun but not too often....it's just bad for the joints and bones.

Third, my right to have them shall not be abridged by the Government...right??? RIGHT?
    Your right to have lots of types of weapons is already abridged by the Government: tommy guns, automatic weapons of all kinds, cannon, mortars, grenades. Now, I know most of you would buy grenades in a New York Minute if they were available and more or less legal, but they aren't, and you know what? The Trenchcoat Mafia could and would throw one in each classroom as they ran down the hall; they would really enjoy grenades.

I'd say choose your battles! Don't fight unwinnable battles. The assault rifles are undefendable: they are bad weapons meant to kill lots of civilians and they DO kill lots, dozens and dozens, of children.

Draw your line somewhere that makes sense. I myself do not want to be disarmed: I want to be able to fight back if someone comes at me, not just stand there helpless to be killed by any criminal because I'm law-abiding and they aren't. I would help you fight for basic legal gun ownership. But these assault rifles and high-capacity magazines --- that's just war equipment, and I ain't planning on fighting in no wars. They aren't working out. As you like, of course, but I'd say they aren't worth drawing your line in the sand for.
    Last edited by mundame; 01-08-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Feral pigs, huh? Well, I will say that is the first and only actual good reason I have ever heard or read! I understand fully and appreciate all about varmint problems, and Himself takes out some of those very effectively here, though his most useful shot lately was with a 22. On the other hand, you all keep saying the semi-automatic hunting rifles do the job just as well as an assault rifle. So why not use a hunting rifle for the pig problem and not tempt the psychos in the camouflage and black trench coats?

Certainly not, why should I? Not being a naif, I understand very well why you all want your assault rifles: you are hoping for the Revolution and also you want to defend against any urban mob coming to kill whites.

If this country splits up and has to fight for it, I am so very not concerned that America, gun capital of the world, will suddenly forget how to manufacture ALLLLLLLLL it needs. Hey, you need 'em, they'll make 'em. I think the actual issue is somewhat different: is the Revolution really going to need a lot of men in their 60s and 70s?

You call that SANE?? That pretty child is so going to get her shoulder dislocated. I practice with the 20-gauge shotgun but not too often....it's just bad for the joints and bones.

Your right to have lots of types of weapons is already abridged by the Government: tommy guns, automatic weapons of all kinds, cannon, mortars, grenades. Now, I know most of you would buy grenades in a New York Minute if they were available and more or less legal, but they aren't, and you know what? The Trenchcoat Mafia could and would throw one in each classroom as they ran down the hall; they would really enjoy grenades.

I'd say choose your battles! Don't fight unwinnable battles. The assault rifles are undefendable: they are bad weapons meant to kill lots of civilians and they DO kill lots, dozens and dozens, of children.

Draw your line somewhere that makes sense. I myself do not want to be disarmed: I want to be able to fight back if someone comes at me, not just stand there helpless to be killed by any criminal because I'm law-abiding. I would help you fight for basic legal gun ownership. But these assault rifles and high-capacity magazines --- that's just war equipment, and I ain't planning on fighting in no wars. They aren't working out. As you like, of course, but I'd say they aren't worth drawing your line in the sand for.

mundame. Just a reminder here, after reading most of your Nonsense above.

You can sleep well tonight knowing. NO PERSON ON EARTH will ever take away your Constitutional Right to be STUPID. In fact. It is guaranteed. You will never lose that right. Even as you make foolish...I mean....DUMB statements. You should be thanking the Founding Fathers for your Rights.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

That was good symbolism in Burlington's part. I want their next ordinance to make unhappiness illegal. Send in the clowns.
    Last edited by tailfins; 01-08-2013 at 09:37 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    That was good symbolism in Burlington's part. I want their next ordinance to make unhappiness illegal. Send in the clowns.

tailfins. What Burlington did was....ONLY THE BEGINNING...
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this has been shown to be incorrect in multiple threads. Why do you perpetuate a lie?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    this has been shown to be incorrect in multiple threads. Why do you perpetuate a lie?

Marcus. Because it's more fun for mundame, and she has the RIGHT to do so according to the Constitution that grants her ETERNAL freedom to demonstrate stupidity. No better way to explain it.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    It's not a lie; it's true.

Look it up. Show me, by sourcing from news reports, a recent mass killing that DOESN'T use an assault weapon, an AK-47. Usually a Bushmaster AK-47! Bushmaster isn't going out of business now by coincidence, you know.
    Last edited by mundame; 01-08-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post

You remind me of the Berkeley, California "nuclear-free zone."

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Okay - so now you can no longer say "There's no reason" - right? Righto? And my AR IS a 22.... it's .223 - 3-one-thousands of an inch larger than a .22.

My AR IS A semi-automatic rifle. And it IS a hunting rifle. See? Why does the color matter - the 'skin' if you will. Are you racist against my chosen method for killing pests?

What kind of car do you have - just the type; SUV? Wagon? Sedan? etc?

That's the most-stupid thing I've read in months.

She WILL? Hrm. She's rand HUNDREDS - maybe a thousand? rounds through that AR. Do you know a 20-gauge kicks about, I dunno....50 times harder than an AR15? True story: I could shoot an AR off my nut-sack with no/few ill affects. The VERY low recoil is one reason it's so popular

You're being stupid again. Try using REAL facts and data if you want to sway opinion.

Well - you've already mentioned you now know of at least ONE reason to have them.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

What other comonalities are involved in mass-killings?

Number one thing they have in common: People. People killed others. We should regulate PEOPLE. Oh yeah - abortion-on-demand is doing some of that, right?

mundame - what type of car do you have?
    Should we outlaw EVERYTHING involved in causes mass casualties/large numbers of deaths?