Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Anyone want to go mining in Australia?

Take a look at some of these nuggets.

Seems like Victoria is the place to go. Feel free to look at more than one video. As large as the nugget is in video one, after you see this one, in a separate video, some other guy located a nugget worth over 1.5 million dollars. As an aside, when I was in DC and visited the museum of natural history, there are nuggests inside that building that are simply enormous. Check them out sometime.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...f=business&amp
    Last edited by Robert A Whit; 01-17-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mining is the backbone of the Australian economy. It's also pretty much controlled by a mafia so if you value your kneecaps, don't.

اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

So, jafar. You are telling us that YOU HAVE NO FEAR of such things happening to you. At least, not since you would never settle for kneecaps, and prefer Beheadings to get your False Prophesy across?
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    Mining is the backbone of the Australian economy. It's also pretty much controlled by a mafia so if you value your kneecaps, don't.
    Which mafia? Hell, I didn't even know Australia was known for mining, let alone was the major source for the economy. I thought it was kangaroos and a jungle on one side, and awesome beaches and women on the other. Someday I'll get there, my final destination, but I have no need for mining anyway!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Which mafia? Hell, I didn't even know Australia was known for mining, let alone was the major source for the economy. I thought it was kangaroos and a jungle on one side, and awesome beaches and women on the other. Someday I'll get there, my final destination, but I have no need for mining anyway!
    Australia is well known for mining. One day a guy I used to know from Australia set down on my desk a briefcase. I opened it and inside it was FULL of various opals.

He claimed it was worth at the time about a quarter million dollars. I took one to be appraised by an expert and that one opal he told me was worth $25,000 and based on that, I feel the value in the briefcase was even much more.

I was not aware of the gold mininng though. But if you look at the video, the ground must not be excavated by digging it up by machines and once you get the nugget, you must restore the ground back to the same state it was in.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default This guy from Australia

I used to really enjoy him coming to California. Dang it, have to think of his name since I have not seen him since about 1990.

I do remember him and his story though.

He lived around Perth but had been all over Australia. He came to the USA each year to sell things he mined. I recall some very pretty balls I believe were what we call Fools Gold that were imbedded into some base material. It may have been a form of basalt.They were about the size of softballs. But he shipped all kinds of stuff here on a ship. He showed up where i was then living since he knew the guy that owned the house and hung around waiting on the ship to show up. Once it arrived, he gets a truck and loads it up with barrels of stuff. I can't describe all of the stuff. But at the Gem and Mineral Shows he presented at, his stuff sold very well. Americans loved his stuff. I recall he used to take off to AZ to some huge show there and sell lots of stuff. He told me that in the north west area of Australia is where he got most of that stuff. The Opals I believe came from the South East of Australia and are known as the worlds premier opal. I recall some Fire Opals too. I don't know much about this topic other than to say I used to have some friends that were experts.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Australian Pyrite on shale

This is what I was talking about. This guys pyrite balls were golden and enormous and stuck in a base of shale.

This photo does not do his stuff justice.

pyrite in shale.jpg

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mining_in_Australia

Mining contributes about 5.6% of Australia's Gross Domestic Product. This is up from only 2.6% in 1950, but down from over 10% at the time of federation in 1900.
    Despite its export importance, the mining sector employs only a small proportion of the workforce – roughly 129,000 Australians, representing only about 2.2% of the total labour force.
    not much of a backbone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

jafar must have been talkin about the American Mafia....Godfather001.jpg
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Always wanted to visit and to explore Australia. Always been fascinated with it.
    Now I would never go thee because they confiscated and destroyed all the guns there.
    Such idiocy points to a stupid and loathsome people. People that gave up on freedom and decided to let Nanny and Daddy SPOON FEED THEM A LOAD OF HORSESHIT WITH RAT TURDS FOR DESSERT!
    COULDN'T PAY ME NOW TO GO BE AMONG SUCH DISPIRITED, GULLIBLE AND DEFEATED ASSHATS!
    I ONCE ADMIRED THEM FOR THEIR GREAT COURAGE(they once were blessed with tons of it) BUT NOW I FEEL NOTHING BUT CONTEMPT AND PITY.

They gave their guns to the cannibals and now they will soon be eaten, sad to say but Britain will be too...-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Ok, maybe Mafia is a strong word, but the Mining Lobby have been known to have more influence on governments in the past than they should have. About as much influence as the Israeli Lobby has on the US govt.

Speaking of beaches, we are moving to a place closer to the beach (Manly Beach) on Monday woohoo!
    اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Ok, maybe Mafia is a strong word, but the Mining Lobby have been known to have more influence on governments in the past than they should have. About as much influence as the Israeli Lobby has on the US govt.

Speaking of beaches, we are moving to a place closer to the beach (Manly Beach) on Monday woohoo!

jafar. It's a small wonder you are able to live anywhere on Earth long enough to say something nice, or pleasant about the nation you happen to be in at any given time.

Thankfully, for the rest of us up here in the USA. You are far enough away to be a threat to OZ, and not us.

When you backed-down from using the word Mafia, and changed it to Mining Lobby. You exposed yourself for all to see, telling us you have a knack for hyperbole, and exaggeration which is common from those who habitually rely on falsehoods to impress yourself.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post

Originally Posted by jafar00

jafar. It's a small wonder you are able to live anywhere on Earth long enough to say something nice, or pleasant about the nation you happen to be in at any given time.

Thankfully, for the rest of us up here in the USA. You are far enough away to be a threat to OZ, and not us.

When you backed-down from using the word Mafia, and changed it to Mining Lobby. You exposed yourself for all to see, telling us you have a knack for hyperbole, and exaggeration which is common from those who habitually rely on falsehoods to impress yourself.
    I'm still waiting on Jahil to explain how employing 2% of the workforce constitutes being 'the backbone of the Australian economy.' Talk about exaggeration and hyperbole.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    I'm still waiting on Jahil to explain how employing 2% of the workforce constitutes being 'the backbone of the Australian economy.' Talk about exaggeration and hyperbole.

Marcus. jafar is trying to figure out new ways to use hyperbole, fabrications, and made up lies that are convincing enough to fool EVEN HIM.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    So, jafar. You are telling us that YOU HAVE NO FEAR of such things happening to you. At least, not since you would never settle for kneecaps, and prefer Beheadings to get your False Prophesy across?
    What the hell ? Jafar beheads people?