Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Gun found in seven-year-old's backpack at New York City school

This is what your lust for free and easy gun ownership is leading to. It seems that there are so many guns out there that a 7 year old was able to get hold of one to take to school.

(Reuters) - A handgun was found in the backpack of a 7-year-old boy at a New York City public elementary school on Thursday, triggering a brief lockdown amid heightened concern about gun violence in U.S. schools, officials said.
    New York City Police Department spokesman John Grimpel said authorities are investigating how the unloaded .22-caliber handgun ended up in the child's backpack.
    Police also found an ammunition clip and a flare gun in the bag belonging to the second-grade student, Grimpel said.
    Officials locked down the Wave Preparatory Elementary School, located in Queens, for an hour, the New York City Education Department said.
    In December a gunman killed 20 first-graders along with six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.
    On Wednesday President Barack Obama launched the biggest U.S. gun-control push in generations, urging Congress to approve an assault weapons ban and background checks for all gun buyers to prevent mass shootings like the Newtown massacre.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...90H02S20130118
    اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    This is what your lust for free and easy gun ownership is leading to. It seems that there are so many guns out there that a 7 year old was able to get hold of one to take to school.

He likely got it from the same person that supplies methamphetamine, oxycontin or xanax.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes, lets certainly ban all guns everywhere because one moron didn't properly lock up his weapon.

Dumb ass.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    yes, lets certainly ban all guns everywhere because one moron didn't properly lock up his weapon.

Dumb ass.
    I think there are too many narcotics on the streets; we should ban narcotics. That will solve the drug problem if we ban illegal drugs.
    Last edited by tailfins; 01-18-2013 at 10:13 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

50 years ago a child could have taken a gun from an extremely irresponsible parent and brought it to school. The amount of guns have NOTHING to do with this. Heck, it DID happen over the years from irresponsible parents and gun owners. This isn't something gun ownership is "leading" to. And it's really no different than a parent who leaves the keys around, and a small child takes the car for a spin - which happens MUCH more often.

Irresponsibility and poor parenting. Nothing more and nothing less.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I noticed the version of the story posted conveniently excluded that the brother of the seven year old was a gang-banger and likely hid the gun in the seven year old's backpack. How about we outlaw street gangs?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Let me tell a funny story, and while MUCH different, I think it's similar...

When I was in 1st grade, I had my first love interest. Can't remember her name. I wish Joanie was still here, she used to remind me all the time! Anyway, I was so in love at 5-6 years old, that I stole Mom's diamond engagement ring and gave it to her as a gift. I knew at such a young age that this was the girl I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

Ok, story over. And what's the point? Kids do stupid shit! Now I know mine wasn't a gun and was no threat, but kids doing stupid shit with parents/family leaving things accessible, can lead to bad things. Now add in an irresponsible parent/brother who left a gun laying around, or in his bag, and you have this current story.

I'm willing to bet, that millions of guns ago, and 50 years earlier, that an occasional kid stole their irresponsible parents unlocked gun. The fix here isn't to amend the 2nd amendment, but hold parents responsible and educate both parents and kids more.

Another true story worth mentioning... While I was in grammar school, a guy in middle school stabbed one of his schoolmates to death. That was nearly 40 years ago. 40 years later, these knives kill more yearly than the scary weapons that so many are now vilifying.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    I noticed the version of the story posted conveniently excluded that the brother of the seven year old was a gang-banger and likely hid the gun in the seven year old's backpack. How about we outlaw street gangs?
    link?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Why no repeated threads on kids bringing drugs into school and sharing with their friends? This happens all the time, VERY much more so than guns. Drugs are already illegal/banned... Kids die from drugs, MUCH more so than from guns...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    link?
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/q...Dj7jgydGH3KKSK

Next time you find it. Bing/Google is your friend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/q...Dj7jgydGH3KKSK

And may I ask - when gun bans are in place, and large clips no longer allowed, and registrations mandatory - how will that affect the gang members?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Another true story worth mentioning... While I was in grammar school, a guy in middle school stabbed one of his schoolmates to death. That was nearly 40 years ago. 40 years later, these knives kill more yearly than the scary weapons that so many are now vilifying.
    "Gun control" isn't about guns. It's about control.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    And may I ask - when gun bans are in place, and large clips no longer allowed, and registrations mandatory - how will that affect the gang members?
    It would likely increase their revenue because they will want to be compensated for the increased risk of arrest for supplying one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius

link?

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/queens/handgun_found_student_backpack_of_BHhBdc8yDj7jgydG H3KKSK

Thanks for the link. As for your comment about finding it myself, I shouldn't HAVE to.

If someone wants to post something as an implied fact, it is incumbent upon them to prove it with a link to a credible source. I hold everyone to that standard, not just people I disagree with politically.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

You should worry more about the kind of parenting that one child is getting, than about taking away guns from other responsible gun owners.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey