Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    I think consideration of a new constitution has some merit IF (a really BIG "IF) the process as outlined is followed and IF (another BIG IF) the CItizens and States are the PRIMARY force behind it. I do not trust the current administration or the current members of Congress to craft anything!
    Not disagreeing with your later comments. Have you seen anything about the initial comment by yourself? Sort of confusing. I'm referring to this regarding 'initial.'
    I think consideration of a new constitution has some merit IF (a really BIG "IF) the process as outlined is followed and IF (another BIG IF) the CItizens and States are the PRIMARY force behind it.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

I think consideration of a new constitution has some merit IF (a really BIG "IF) the process as outlined is followed and IF (another BIG IF) the CItizens and States are the PRIMARY force behind it. I do not trust the current administration or the current members of Congress to craft anything!
    IF, IF it were done those two things would not be a part of the process. Those in power wanting to destroy would see to that. Why redo it at all if not for the purpose of destroying it is their motto and plan.. -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Personally, I believe we are better served to get ahead of the curve. In business who waits until their competition determines their future? Screw that, we get ahead now and propose SENSIBLE gun control coupled with ironclad guarantees and WE set the tone.

By the way, who calls a post dumb then thanks another for agreeing with that same post? LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Not disagreeing with your later comments. Have you seen anything about the initial comment by yourself? Sort of confusing. I'm referring to this regarding 'initial.' [/B]
    LOL! Now I'm confused. You lost me but you can attribute that to my old age.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    Personally, I believe we are better served to get ahead of the curve. In business who waits until their competition determines their future? Screw that, we get ahead now and propose SENSIBLE gun control coupled with ironclad guarantees and WE set the tone.

By the way, who calls a post dumb then thanks another for agreeing with that same post? LOL
    There is much in the current Supreme Law of the Land that is worth keeping. There is no doubt in my mind that, were a Constitutional Convention to be held today, it would be as contentious (if not more so) as the first one. It would be a long, arduous task indeed!
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is much in the current Supreme Law of the Land that is worth keeping. There is no doubt in my mind that, were a Constitutional Convention to be held today, it would be as contentious (if not more so) as the first one. It would be a long, arduous task indeed!
    Oh, I by no means suggest the COTUS needs a major rewrite. But this argument about guns isn't going anywhere.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Oh, I by no means suggest the COTUS needs a major rewrite. But this argument about guns isn't going anywhere.
    And your reading the tea leafs, says it's going where?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

IMO, the argument is going nowhere because those discussing the issue cannot even agree on the root causes of the problem nor are they being completely honest (some of them at least) in their reasoning. I most certainly would never agree that an inanimate object is the root cause of the issue. There are too many red herrings and strawman arguments floating around that truly interfere with any real progress towards solving anything.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And your reading the tea leafs, says it's going where?
    Don't know, but what if it DOES head to constitutions amendment and gun owners out of their own sheer stubbornness don't have a seat at the table. You think Obama and his group will keep our best interests at heart?

Better to be in front offering our own actual solutions than sitting in the back just bitching about theirs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Don't know, but what if it DOES head to constitutions amendment and gun owners out of their own sheer stubbornness don't have a seat at the table. You think Obama and his group will keep our best interests at heart?

Better to be in front offering our own actual solutions than sitting in the back just bitching about theirs.
    I'll wait to see what transpires. Personally what I'm seeing probably makes all our bickering moot. It's a coup, we just don't realize it yet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll wait to see what transpires. Personally what I'm seeing probably makes all our bickering moot. It's a coup, we just don't realize it yet.
    oh lawd...

listen, when obama's terms up he'll pack his bags and hit the speech circuit just like every past president, and in 2020 MO will run for office.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    The truth always outs. Suddenly you are so much more brilliant that the authors of the Constitution!
    Now who didn't think you felt that way.
    Here it comes the line you made famous. --- This thread is stupid... silly, infantile. --Tyr
    And even downrightfunny considering who authored it ...

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

OK, then you rally both the House and Senate to pass your idea by a 2/3 majority - then you take your show on the road and get 2/3's of the states to pass it within the 2 year time limit - then you will get your wish

Until then, your idea is not worth the space it took up on the board

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

nothing that I proposed takes any of that away, indeed it actually strengthens your position in many ways, while also giving the government certain safeguards which under current law they have taken unconstitutionally.

the government will NOT know what guns you have , not even if one of your guns is committed in a crime, because that is the ONLY one that they would have access to the personal data for. IOW there is no cross reference that says if you own a M16 and a 1911 and the 1911 is used in a crime that they look up the 1911 and also see that you have an M16.

Though they might find it in a subsequent search should they obtain either permission or a warrant to do so.
    Did you read what you posted in the OP?? You state they will NOT know yet you call for full registration of ALL guns,, guess what there skippy by registering them they know what you have!!!! Or did you skim over that??

well, except that I advocate strengthening gun rights.
    Really by letting the govt know exactly who has what and where?? YOU are advocating for stricter licensing and taxation for ALL firearms aas well as the registration of ALL firearms just look at the following quote of yours from the OP.. I honestly have a hard time believeing you wrote it if you contradict yourself within 2 posts!!!!

The government on the other hand ought be able to set certain conditions and levy taxes on such weapons, and yes keep track of them. But not in the way you might think.

Every weapon should have to be registered with the local police department, such registration should include a photo of the gun, the serial number, and a bullet sample for forensic matching if necessary.

This information should be placed in a database that is available to police departments around the world

REALLY bad idea... The 2ns was put in place to keep the govt in check to the general popuation not fro them to reach into our homes to know what firearms we have, and that is EXACTLY what you are proposing with your forced registration and taxation of ALL firearms...
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Conman does have many backers in his quest to pass more gun laws

Ronald Reagan