Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Default Stolen Valor, should not be ignored!

http://www.stripes.com/news/veterans/stolen-valor

Stolen Valor
    Supreme Court strikes down Stolen Valor Act

The Supreme Court on Thursday tossed out a 2006 law making it a federal misdemeanor to lie about receiving a military service medal, but left the door open for Congress to try again with a more finely tuned law.
    [COLOR=#A81817 !important]16:54 June 28, 2012

Breaking down the Stolen Valor Act ruling

Stories

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If those that served honorably take no interest in exposing these liars why should anybody else? We see that government has now reversed a law to now make it easier for the liars to continue, thus cheapening the service of those that served honorably. For such people convince others of their deeds then they having no honor lead others to believe heroes act the way they do!

One of my very good friends was an honorable Marine combat veteran that served in Vietnam. I remember vividly what outrage he expressed when seeing a liar attempt to steal that which others HAVE DIED OR BEEN WOUNDED ACTUALLY DOING! So much so that rather than ignore it ,he confronted the pretender and upon exposing the man to truly be the liar that he was, my friend would then proceed to kick his ass! And that ladies and gentlemen is how a Marine treats such lowlife , lying posers! Not by standing back ignoring , by jaw dropping awe or ignorant admiration but by forcing the truth to see light of day and then taking real action!

My other great friend that was a Korean War veteran I never got to see take action against such liars but he told me of two incidents where he too got fed up listening to a pretender and just walked over beat hell out of them . Not saying a word to anybody, just doing the deed and leaving. He was a fairly quiet man and such was his style. Quiet but by no means timid.

Sadly both men are passed on now but I was indeed lucky to have them as mentors in my young life. I respect the hell out of them because they were solid men of principles, quick to defend those fallen heroes's honor by not allowing such pretenders to steal that which should never be allowed to be stolen!!
    This is one place where zero tolerance really should thrive IMHO.. --Tyr

[/COLOR]
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 01-23-2013 at 09:54 AM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.