Page 2 of 142 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dirt mcgirt View Post
    And I totally respect your need to police the board and keep civility. But IMO it's being done selectively. I've already complained to the admins about some of the behaviors of the mods. MFM might be wrong in how he comes off sometimes but he's correct in that this board is slanted to the right. I've seen Pale Rider and OCA engage in personal flame fests and then flaunt the fact that they were mods during those exchanges. Some of PR's posts might be offensive in nature despite being his personal opinion, just as MFM's might be offensive in nature despite being his personal opinion. It's unacceptable for the admins and mods to say that generalizations are okay but personal attacks aren't because it's in the eye of the beholder.

Example: If I say that homos are sick fucks then you guys would consider that acceptable because it's a personal opinion. But if I say conservatives are sick fucks some of the mods, admins, and posters would consider that trolling.

The admins and mods need to apply the rules equally if you want the board to grow. Either put every thread that devolves into a flame fest in the steel cage area or don't put any of them in there. But one thing's for sure, it's not acceptable for mods to engage in mud slinging but then appeal to decency when they get it back. I have more people that are interested in registering, but they're not going to participate if they're not going to get a fair shake. I really do want the board to grow, but my participation is dependent on how objective you guys are. My 2 cents.

Take it to PM.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Take it to PM.
    Done.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you know any Military Commanders? There IS no 'off duty' for soldiers. Being on Active Duty in the military is a lifestyle. A lifestyle which is NOT compatable with open homosexuality. Should homosexual relationships be allowed, commanders would have to also sanction relationships between enlisted and commissioned soldiers. I mean, 'off duty hours' belong to the people, RIGHT?

Wrong. That's simply NOT how the Army (specifically) works.

Homosexuals, by their very acceptance of their lusts, show lack of good judgement, lack of mental toughness, and lack of discipline - off the top of my head. Homosexuality is a treatable affliction for those who have the good sense to seek help. It's probably tougher to kick than alcoholism - but people can be restored from the deviant behavior.
    I actually spent a little time in the Navy and I AM, a Commander, as a matter of fact. It is my opinion that your views on homosexuality are dated, bigoted, borne of hatred and ignorance, and insulting. ANd the issue with officer-enlisted is completely different in that it potentially impacts the officer enlisted command structure and may compromise the officer's authority over that enlisted person. For that reason, gambling, while not sanctioned, is politely ignored except in instances where officers and enlisted are jointly involved.
    Last edited by darin; 01-24-2007 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Edited out Off-topic Remarks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Hey Bruce lets keep an eye out for the enemy. Gee Joe I'm having a hard time focusing on that, I keep thinking about your butt."

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    I actually spent a little time in the Navy and I AM, a Commander, as a matter of fact. It is my opinion that your views on homosexuality are dated, bigoted, borne of hatred and ignorance, and insulting. ANd the issue with officer-enlisted is completely different in that it potentially impacts the officer enlisted command structure and may compromise the officer's authority over that enlisted person. For that reason, gambling, while not sanctioned, is politely ignored except in instances where officers and enlisted are jointly involved.

But your point FOR homos in service was "What's done in the soldiers OFF time is THEIR business." I submit to you what's done in the soldier's off time (dating between enlisted and commissioned, for example) is very much the business of the "Command".

You were an O5 in the Navy? Thank you for your service.

In my opinion, your views on homosexuality in uniform are blissfully-ignorant of cold-hard facts of the practice. Homosexuality not ONLY hurts people physically (THE highest risk group of HIV/AIDS is homosexual males, they have a drastically-lower life expectancy, just to name two), it hurts them EMOTIONALLY. Homosexuality is a symptom of a person in pain - a person struggling to find something missing from their life. Some turn to alocohol - some turn to drugs - others, to same-sex relations. You are seeming to BLINDLY follow the flow of a small-but-vocal part of society who claims "If it FEELS good, it IS good!". By your opinion, I'd guess you'd let your kids eat Ice Cream three times a day - Bfast, Lunch, Dinner. I mean - honestly, MY kids were BORN wanting IceCream. They can't be CURED of their like for IceCream, can they? I mean, who is it HURTING? Not me!!

By your expressed opinion, I gather lack of compassion for people afflicted with a propensity for homosexual acts. You rant against me for 'hatred' and 'fear' when you don't have the first fucking clue who I am, or what experiences I've had which have lead me to my conclusions.

B-b-but I'm against special treatment for those who like to have sex with members of their same gender!! I MUST be a bigot!

:vomit:
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

But your point FOR homos in service was "What's done in the soldiers OFF time is THEIR business." I submit to you what's done in the soldier's off time (dating between enlisted and commissioned, for example) is very much the business of the "Command".

You were an O5 in the Navy? Thank you for your service.

In my opinion, your views on homosexuality in uniform are blissfully-ignorant of cold-hard facts of the practice. Homosexuality not ONLY hurts people physically (THE highest risk group of HIV/AIDS is homosexual males, they have a drastically-lower life expectancy, just to name two), it hurts them EMOTIONALLY. Homosexuality is a symptom of a person in pain - a person struggling to find something missing from their life. Some turn to alocohol - some turn to drugs - others, to same-sex relations. You are seeming to BLINDLY follow the flow of a small-but-vocal part of society who claims "If it FEELS good, it IS good!". By your opinion, I'd guess you'd let your kids eat Ice Cream three times a day - Bfast, Lunch, Dinner. I mean - honestly, MY kids were BORN wanting IceCream. They can't be CURED of their like for IceCream, can they? I mean, who is it HURTING? Not me!!

By your expressed opinion, I gather lack of compassion for people afflicted with a propensity for homosexual acts. You rant against me for 'hatred' and 'fear' when you don't have the first fucking clue who I am, or what experiences I've had which have lead me to my conclusions.

B-b-but I'm against special treatment for those who like to have sex with members of their same gender!! I MUST be a bigot!

:vomit:
    who a sailor sleeps with, as long as it is not an officer is his business, as far as the vast majority of naval officers I have ever known care about it.

I respectfully disagree with your viewpoints on homosexuality and find them uninformed in the extreme. I am not asking that anyone get special treatment...and no gay soldier/sailor/airman/marine is either...only that they be allowed to serve their country like anyone else. What, pray tell , is special about that?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

who a sailor sleeps with, as long as it is not an officer is his business, as far as the vast majority of naval officers I have ever known care about it.
    I suppose you'd have no problem then, with a soldier who had intercourse with his Dog or cat? Or a child?

I respectfully disagree with your viewpoints on homosexuality and find them uninformed in the extreme. I am not asking that anyone get special treatment...and no gay soldier/sailor/airman/marine is either...only that they be allowed to serve their country like anyone else. What, pray tell , is special about that?
    Because I am prevented from having relations with WHOMEVER I wish, too. Straight soldiers are not allowed to sleep with ANY woman they claim to 'love' or even 'lust after'. Both straight and Gay soldiers are prevented, according to the UCMJ from sex with minors, sodomy, and other harmful practices.

You'd have those who are afflicted with homosexuality be coddled, instead of treated.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

kind sir, we need to agree to disagree... your attitudes about homosexuality are so troglodytic and abhorrent to me that I really find continued communication with you on this subject impossible.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Straight soldiers are not allowed to sleep with ANY woman they claim to 'love' or even 'lust after'. Both straight and Gay soldiers are prevented, according to the UCMJ from sex with minors, sodomy, and other harmful practices.
    and here's a tip...if you dishonorably discharged every soldier who got a blowjob from the service, the Iraq war would be over tomorrow.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

kind sir, we need to agree to disagree... your attitudes about homosexuality are so troglodytic and abhorrent to me that I really find continued communication with you on this subject impossible.
    I'm sorry you can't back-up your position. What I'm speaking about morale and service and homosexuality are absolutely, fundamentally correct. Live in your rainbow-colored world. I'll stick to the realities of existance.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

and here's a tip...if you dishonorably discharged every soldier who got a blowjob from the service, the Iraq war would be over tomorrow.
    That's besides the point now, isn't it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll stick to the realities of existance.
    like your "homosexuality is a symptom of a person in pain" whppoer?

you could try backing that up with some peer reviewed research.

But I won't hold my breath.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bringing minors into the discussion is disingenuous....just like bringing sodomy.... heterosexual couples have anal sex too... are you suggesting that we throw men from the military for doing their wives up the butt?

the fact is.... Straight soldiers are allowed to sleep with ANY woman they claim to 'love' or even 'lust after' in any way that civilians are. Gay soldiers should not be discrimiated against.

and here we have a former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs who shares MY opinion on one side, and you who think that homosexuality is merely a "sympton of a person in pain" ....

I think I'll stick with the general's opinion over yours

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dirt mcgirt View Post
    And I totally respect your need to police the board and keep civility. But IMO it's being done selectively. I've already complained to the admins about some of the behaviors of the mods. MFM might be wrong in how he comes off sometimes but he's correct in that this board is slanted to the right. I've seen Pale Rider and OCA engage in personal flame fests and then flaunt the fact that they were mods during those exchanges. Some of PR's posts might be offensive in nature despite being his personal opinion, just as MFM's might be offensive in nature despite being his personal opinion. It's unacceptable for the admins and mods to say that generalizations are okay but personal attacks aren't because it's in the eye of the beholder.

Example: If I say that homos are sick fucks then you guys would consider that acceptable because it's a personal opinion. But if I say conservatives are sick fucks some of the mods, admins, and posters would consider that trolling.

The admins and mods need to apply the rules equally if you want the board to grow. Either put every thread that devolves into a flame fest in the steel cage area or don't put any of them in there. But one thing's for sure, it's not acceptable for mods to engage in mud slinging but then appeal to decency when they get it back. I have more people that are interested in registering, but they're not going to participate if they're not going to get a fair shake. I really do want the board to grow, but my participation is dependent on how objective you guys are. My 2 cents.
    No actually you haven't seen me do that, nice try though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MtnBiker View Post

"Hey Bruce lets keep an eye out for the enemy. Gee Joe I'm having a hard time focusing on that, I keep thinking about your butt."
    HAHAHA!