Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    kind sir, we need to agree to disagree... your attitudes about homosexuality are so troglodytic and abhorrent to me that I really find continued communication with you on this subject impossible.
    In other words "i'm getting my as kicked on homosexual lifestyle choice perversionists and i'm getting out of the conversation". There I fixed it for ya.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    In other words "i'm getting my as kicked on homosexual lifestyle choice perversionists and i'm getting out of the conversation". There I fixed it for ya.
    not quite. I have a fundamental disagreement with this person about whether or not homosexuality is a sickness or a regularly occurring human condition. So, I tell you what.... you don't put words in my mouth and I won't put words in yours....

how's that work for you, big shooter?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

not quite. I have a fundamental disagreement with this person about whether or not homosexuality is a sickness or a regularly occurring human condition.
    ALL Sickness is 'regularly occurring in the human condition'...Ever get a flu shot? Know anybody with Cancer? Homosexuality probably kills as many people as Cancer.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

not quite. I have a fundamental disagreement with this person about whether or not homosexuality is a sickness or a regularly occurring human condition. So, I tell you what.... you don't put words in my mouth and I won't put words in yours....

how's that work for you, big shooter?
    Well fundamentally you are wrong. You do realize that the APA in 1973 removed homosexuality from its list of treateable disorders not because they disagreed with it being treatable but because of enormous political and financial pressure from queer rights groups.

Do you think its normal to want to bugger your buddy in his bunghole?

BTW you do know that an overwhelming percentage of Americans disagree with your view as witnessed by the vote tallies in states that voted on queer marriage, right? But I guess we are all bigoted and misinformed.....what a friggin elitist!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

MFM

Don't worry too much and Darin and OCA...their distain for homos borders on th pathelogical and makes you wonder if there are underlying reasons for it..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well fundamentally you are wrong. You do realize that the APA in 1973 removed homosexuality from its list of treateable disorders not because they disagreed with it being treatable but because of enormous political and financial pressure from queer rights groups.

Do you think its normal to want to bugger your buddy in his bunghole?

BTW you do know that an overwhelming percentage of Americans disagree with your view as witnessed by the vote tallies in states that voted on queer marriage, right? But I guess we are all bigoted and misinformed.....what a friggin elitist!
    gosh...I wonder how you are so aware of the inner deliberations of the APA over a third of a century ago.

And please recall, kind sir, that one of the foundations of our form of government is not only the RULE of the majority, but the rights of the minority.

I have no idea what it might feel like to be a gay man. I have no idea if I were a gay man, what I would think about the various ways of expressing intimacy with my partner...but I certainly think that, if I were a gay man, that I would consider those sorts of decisions to be abso-fucking-lutely NONE of YOUR business. That's pretty clear.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumplestillskin View Post
    MFM

Don't worry too much and Darin and OCA...their distain for homos borders on th pathelogical and makes you wonder if there are underlying reasons for it..
    that wasn't necessary, was it? Seriously...that's the shittiest conclusion I've ever read. I've never stated anything like "I hate homosexuals".
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

gosh...I wonder how you are so aware of the inner deliberations of the APA over a third of a century ago.

And please recall, kind sir, that one of the foundations of our form of government is not only the RULE of the majority, but the rights of the minority.

I have no idea what it might feel like to be a gay man. I have no idea if I were a gay man, what I would think about the various ways of expressing intimacy with my partner...but I certainly think that, if I were a gay man, that I would consider those sorts of decisions to be abso-fucking-lutely NONE of YOUR business. That's pretty clear.
    And I would agree that if people CHOOSE to be queer and just want to live their lives as they see fit then so be it......but thats not what its all about, is it?

Its about legitimization of their perversion of choice.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

MFM

Another brilliant and educated post by Gomer. That argument is the last refuge of the illiterate.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    that wasn't necessary, was it? Seriously...that's the shittiest conclusion I've ever read. I've never stated anything like "I hate homosexuals".
    Your posts drip with venom in that regard. You're only fooling yourself and those that think like you, if you don't see what you are saying...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another brilliant and educated post by Gomer. That argument is the last refuge of the illiterate.
    You haven't even got a decent argument. It basically comes down to "I hate fags"...(shrug)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    General Wants Gay Ban Lifted

Military.com | January 03, 2007

In an op-ed published in Tuesday's New York Times, John M. Shalikashvili, retired Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, says Congress should give "serious reconsideration" to "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," the ban on openly lesbian, gay and bisexual military personnel. Shalikashvili, who supported the ban on open service in 1993, writes that "I now believe that if gay men and lesbians served openly in the United States military, they would not undermine the efficacy of the armed forces," and goes on to say that "Our military has been stretched thin by our deployments in the Middle East, and we must welcome the service of any American who is willing and able to do the job."

"'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' is out of step with both the American public and those within our armed forces," said C. Dixon Osburn, executive director of Servicemembers Legal Defense Network (SLDN). "The counsel of military leaders increasingly supports repeal of the law. Congress must, as General Shalikashvili urges, consider the overwhelming evidence of the past fourteen years. If they do, the clear answer is that we must lift the ban."

Shalikashvili, who was Chairman of the Joint Chiefs from 1993 to 1997, joins other senior retired military officers who have called for repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." In May 2006, Lieutenant General Claudia Kennedy, USA (Ret.), the first female three-star officer in Army history, called the law "a hollow policy that serves no useful purpose." Lieutenant General Daniel W. Christman, former superintendent of West Point, recently told The New York Times that "It is clear that national attitudes toward this issue have evolved considerably in the last decade. This has been led by a new generation of service members who take a more relaxed and tolerant view toward homosexuality." Retired Admiral John Hutson, who currently serves as Dean of Franklin Pierce Law School, also recently wrote that "It would be a great tragedy if we didn't take advantage of (the) chance to correct a flawed policy."

In 2003, two retired generals and an admiral 'came out' in the New York Times, and in November 2006 fourteen senior retired military officers urged the First Circuit Court of Appeals to overturn the ban. They wrote that the law "undermines the military's ability to fulfill its primary mission of providing national security by discouraging the enlistment of gay persons qualified to serve their country and by expelling from the military those who have served with honor."

In today's op-ed, General Shalikashvili writes that "Last year I held a number of meetings with gay soldiers and marines, including some with combat experience in Iraq, and an openly gay senior sailor who was serving effectively as a member of a nuclear submarine crew. These conversations showed me just how much the military has changed, and that gays and lesbians can be accepted by their peers."

A December 18th Zogby poll also found that 73% of military personnel polled were comfortable with lesbians and gays.

"General Shalikashvili's statement is the first by a Joint Chiefs Chairman to call for repeal, and as such is enormously significant," said Osburn. "The Pentagon has dismissed more than 11,000 men and women under this law. It is clear that enforcement of 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' is arbitrary. We continue to lose critical personnel who happen to be gay. As General Shalikashvili points out, continuing to keep this law on the books is detrimental to our national security."

http://www.military.com/NewsContent/...RC=airforce.nl
    The General obviously forgot where he came from, and doesn't know what he's talking about.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You haven't even got a decent argument. It basically comes down to "I hate fags"...(shrug)
    Lol, you're lying to yourself. My shit is airtight, you just have zero rebuttal.

I still love how you follow me around the board, why don't you start a fan club, call it "OCA's bitches".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah...the general and former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is an idiot and the gunny sargeant is freakin' Einstein.

that makes shitloads of sense.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lol, you're lying to yourself. My shit is airtight, you just have zero rebuttal.

I still love how you follow me around the board, why don't you start a fan club, call it "OCA's bitches".
    As long as you start one "MainfromMaine bitches"...

Your shit is shit. You are nothing but a bigot when it comes to homos. Not liking something that has no affect no you is simpleminded to say the least.