Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Default History channel--Vikings, coming 03-03 -2013

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-series-299119

The network has ordered a full season of the medieval-set drama "Vikings" from "The Tudors" and "Elizabeth" writer Michael Hirst, to debut in summer 2013.

History has ordered its first scripted series.
    OUR EDITOR RECOMMENDS

Why A&E's History Channel Is Venturing Into the Online Gaming Biz (Q&A)

History Channel Adds Stats, Inventions and Jousting

Vikings, about the legendary Norsemen of medieval times, is set to bow on the cable network in summer 2013. The network has committed to a full season of the series from Metro Goldwyn Mayer Studios and creator Michael Hirst, who has adapted numerous historical dramas for TV and film including The Tudorsand Elizabeth. The announcement came Tuesday from History president and GM Nancy Dubuc and Roma Khanna, television group president of MGM Studios.
    The project is casting and is set to begin filming this year in Ireland and other locations in Northern Europe.
    It is a bold play for the channel, which has become a top-rated ad-supported cable network on the strength of its male-targeted unscripted slate including Pawn Stars and Ice Road Truckers. But the network is slowly branching into scripted territory with it's first scripted miniseries, Hatfields & McCoys, starring Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton, premiering on Memorial Day.
    Dubuc described the project as a "crossroads" for History.
    "People think they know about the Vikings – we see references to them all the time in our popular culture, from TV commercials to football teams – but the reality is so much more fascinating and complex, more vivid, visceral and powerful than popular legend," she said. "We will explore the mysteries of the Vikings, the adventures they took and the people who led them. And we will start to understand a past that is very much part of our collective DNA today."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Really looking forward to this.. I hope it stays close to the real deal and doesn't get too heavy into flashy , contrived crap.. I just saw some very short clips from it on history channel ad, looks like a winner to me .. . -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Having enjoyed both the Tudors and Elizabeth, I am sure this will be very well done.
    I'll be watching. Thanks for the heads-up, Tyr.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

OK Abbey, tonight is the night. First episode of the Vikings will be on the History Channel..-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    OK Abbey, tonight is the night. First episode of the Vikings will be on the History Channel..-Tyr
    Thanks. I plan to watch that after the Amazing Race of course. Discovery is good at replaying such programs.

Crud ... Sorry but I don't get the history channel on my present TV schedule. I boo booed thinking it was on Discovery. I apologize. When I had History Channel, I loved it. I was a member of History at one time. Love those magazines.
    Last edited by Robert A Whit; 03-03-2013 at 07:28 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Oh fine! You tell Abby but no one else? As if somehow she is the only one who might be interested? Nice...

"I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah, i am waiting to watch it now. The previews look interesting.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Having enjoyed both the Tudors and Elizabeth, I am sure this will be very well done.
    I'll be watching. Thanks for the heads-up, Tyr.

i loved the tudors!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Oh fine! You tell Abby but no one else? As if somehow she is the only one who might be interested? Nice...

Well, Abbey is the only that reads here.
    Of course I knew that you slugs would see the post and think what is this chump yapping about?

Looks like it may be a very good one to watch!! Those Vikings were some vicious, wicked devils for sure.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Whit View Post
    Thanks. I plan to watch that after the Amazing Race of course. Discovery is good at replaying such programs.

Crud ... Sorry but I don't get the history channel on my present TV schedule. I boo booed thinking it was on Discovery. I apologize. When I had History Channel, I loved it. I was a member of History at one time. Love those magazines.
    Robert, older than dirt means that you are history!!-Tyr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thing thing called the bible (comes on before the vikings) that the history channel has been pushing for months....... is looking like a total fail!

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Robert, older than dirt means that you are history!!-Tyr
    Absolutely my friend.