Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Muslim Leader Blames Senator Boxer for a Death Threat Against Him

Oh Oh, their going after a Democrat now...

SAN FRANCISCO (KCBS) -- The executive director of the Sacramento chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations said he believes a death threat against him was fueled by Senator Barbara Boxer’s actions.

Boxer had commended Basim Elkarra’s chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations for the group’s efforts to improve relations between Christians, Jews, minority groups and the FBI. Her officer later rescinded the award after investigating an on-line report that accused Elkarra’s group of terrorist sympathies.

While investigating the accusations, Boxer learned two former CAIR members were sentenced to prison for crimes related to terrorist groups, according to her communications director, Natalie Ravaitz. Ravaitz said CAIR had also refused to label Hamas and Hezbollah as terrorist organizations.

Elkarra claims Boxer was misinformed and has caved into the rise of Islamophobia in the United Stated.

"It empowers the extremists. Just recently we saw a video that came out, talking about open season on Muslims. It's all over the Internet and people are bragging about killing Muslims. This has to stop. It's unacceptable. Islamophobia is real, it's here and we have to make sure our elected officials speak out against it." CAIR maintains it opposes terrorist activities and Elkarra said the people Boxer gathered her information from are extremists themselves, but anti-Muslim.

"She was quoting from these individuals from Florida who have these hate and extreme right-wing Websites and she also consulted with anti-Muslim bigots. It's really unfortunately she didn't contact us and see our side of the story."

Elkarra received his death threat through e-mail, and the FBI is now conducting an investigation.
    http://kcbs.com/pages/178585.php?con...ntentId=284503

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

CAIR is just a "let's make victims of all the muslims" organization.

The death threat doesn't have anything to do with boxers decision.

I love how they throw out islamophobia at every opportunity. They learned their lessons from the NAACP very well. Accept its not islamophobia, its islamobigotry. There's a big difference. I don't fear islam, I dispise it. Therefore I don't have a phobia I have a bigotry. And proud of it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    CAIR is just a "let's make victims of all the muslims" organization.

The death threat doesn't have anything to do with boxers decision.

I love how they throw out islamophobia at every opportunity. They learned their lessons from the NAACP very well. Accept its not islamophobia, its islamobigotry. There's a big difference. I don't fear islam, I dispise it. Therefore I don't have a phobia I have a bigotry. And proud of it.
    I can relate.

I'm just LMAO that Barbara Boxer, of all people, has become the lightning rod for controversy with the poor, misunderstood towelheads.