Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Global Warming Storm Ready To Hit The Northeast

Here comes a massive global warming storm where some areas of the Northeast may get up to 3 feet of snow

No word if Al Gore and enviro wackos are going to blame SUV drivers for causing this storm to be so intense

To those of you in the bullseye - good luck and stay safe

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The timing of these enviro wackos is perfect. A blizzard heading for NJ and this is an op-ed in the paper

and of course the main solution to the "problem" is a tax

Opinion: Carbon fee would put the brakes on global warming before it's too late

The year 2012 saw more than 34,000 U.S. heat records shattered, violent western wildfires, widespread drought, record melting of Arctic ice and many devastating storms — all consequences of a rise in global heat of less than 1 degree Celsius over the past 100 years.

One degree. It sounds like so little — yet, suddenly, we are caught up in a major emergency. Suddenly, the Earth is embraced by an atmosphere laden with nearly 400 parts per million of carbon dioxide (CO2), a concentration higher than at any time during the last 800,000 years. The result is a maelstrom of disruptions of the global climate that threaten the stability of every human civilization and natural ecosystem, as well as enormous damage costs.

Climate scientists predicted the oceans would warm and turn acidic, polar ice and permafrost would melt, sea levels would rise and extreme weather events would become ever more violent and frequent. But no one foresaw how rapidly these changes would take place.

Participants at international conferences over the last 10 years agreed that, to avert catastrophe, we must keep the planet’s temperature from rising more than two degrees Celsius, but now we realize that two degrees was too high a limit. All of the science done in the last 15 years has shown that the predicted changes are happening at lower temperatures. The climate is more sensitive than anyone realized and the real threshold of safety is 1.5 degrees Celsius, which is no longer attainable.

We also failed to appreciate the long delay before the planet’s temperature responds to a rise in atmospheric CO2. It is the CO2 accumulated during the last half-century that is causing the planetary fever we are now experiencing. The CO2 we are now accumulating will produce a further rise over the next half-century. Many more destructive impacts of global climate change are in the pipeline and will be delivered in the future.

Even if we halted our emissions tomorrow (and we can’t), the warming to which we are already committed would precipitate at least a three-degree rise. If we do nothing, we are on track for at least a six-degree rise within this century — with unthinkable results.

No question, then: We must take serious action — fast. And we can, thanks to the widespread belief among Americans that we must. The president is willing to lead. Gov. Christie will doubtless also lead, because he knows firsthand the price we pay for violent weather.

http://www.nj.com/times-opinion/inde...uld_put_b.html

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

we have 24" of Global warming on the way....

last I checked it was 32deg.....

Not very warm actually..... lol
    You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voted4Reagan View Post
    we have 24" of Global warming on the way....

last I checked it was 32deg.....

Not very warm actually..... lol
    The snow missed me - but it is a balmy 34 degrees now

We might a little of the wrap around later tonight but not much is expected

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Liberals..... Pay attention...

I have 28" of fresh GLOBAL WARMING outside my door...

You are welcome to come and stop it from interfering in my life!!!

Bring your shovels...
    You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Bring your shovels...
    Forget the shovel and bring a back hoe

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bring your shovels...
    Global warming increase moisture into the air. A small drop in atmospheric temperature turns rain into snow. Warming causes the water and changes weather patterns that cause less water in other places.

Sorry, it's not as simple as warm means warm and cold means cold. You should read some science sometime.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bingster View Post
    Global warming increase moisture into the air. A small drop in atmospheric temperature turns rain into snow. Warming causes the water and changes weather patterns that cause less water in other places.

Sorry, it's not as simple as warm means warm and cold means cold. You should read some science sometime.
    To bad libs like RFK Jr have to eat their words on so many different occasions

Robert F. Kennedy Jr., who flies around on private planes so as to tell larger numbers of people how they must live their lives in order to save the planet, wrote a column last year on the lack of winter weather in Washington, D.C.

In Virginia, the weather also has changed dramatically. Recently arrived residents in the northern suburbs, accustomed to today's anemic winters, might find it astonishing to learn that there were once ski runs on Ballantrae Hill in McLean, with a rope tow and local ski club. Snow is so scarce today that most Virginia children probably don't own a sled. But neighbors came to our home at Hickory Hill nearly every winter weekend to ride saucers and Flexible Flyers.

In those days, I recall my uncle, President Kennedy, standing erect as he rode a toboggan in his top coat, never faltering until he slid into the boxwood at the bottom of the hill. Once, my father, Atty. Gen. Robert Kennedy, brought a delegation of visiting Eskimos home from the Justice Department for lunch at our house. They spent the afternoon building a great igloo in the deep snow in our backyard. My brothers and sisters played in the structure for several weeks before it began to melt. On weekend afternoons, we commonly joined hundreds of Georgetown residents for ice skating on Washington's C&O Canal, which these days rarely freezes enough to safely skate.

Meanwhile, Exxon Mobil and its carbon cronies continue to pour money into think tanks whose purpose is to deceive the American public into believing that global warming is a fantasy.

Having shoveled my walk five times in the midst of this past weekend's extreme cold and blizzard, I think perhaps RFK, Jr. should leave weather analysis to the meteorologists instead of trying to attribute every global phenomenon to anthropogenic climate change.

UPDATE: RFK Jr. responds: “Idiots on the right like Rush like to point to any cold-weather anomalies as proof that global warming doesn’t exist.”

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: http://www.sfexaminer.com/blogs/news...#ixzz2KVIwQ4Hr

Ronald Reagan

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bring your shovels...
    Can you do me a favor and please do not refer to demo craps as liberals.

They no more are tolerant, liberal or even nice people than was famous dictators of the past.

They prove in CA how they plan to totally control your life and take away the constitution from you yet claiming they support the document.

Well, somebody with plenty of money must fight for CA and do it in court. I refuse to register my weapons and I have some semi automatic types. Thank god I have plenty of ammo. They think I will register guns and ammo with them?

They can ride out of town on that damned camel they came here on.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Whit View Post
    Can you do me a favor and please do not refer to demo craps as liberals.

They no more are tolerant, liberal or even nice people than was famous dictators of the past.

They prove in CA how they plan to totally control your life and take away the constitution from you yet claiming they support the document.

Well, somebody with plenty of money must fight for CA and do it in court. I refuse to register my weapons and I have some semi automatic types. Thank god I have plenty of ammo. They think I will register guns and ammo with them?

They can ride out of town on that damned camel they came here on.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Sorry rsr; rfk jr and the sfexaminer aren't what I'd consider scientific sources.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    Sorry rsr; rfk jr and the sfexaminer aren't what I'd consider scientific sources.
    Like Al Gore, RFK Jr is considered a reliable source with the liberal media. Just as Rev Al and Jesse Jackson are experts on race relations

Of course global warming is just a scam to steal more money from taxpayers - ad libs are worried that more and more people are no longer taking their doom and gloom stories seriously

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    “Idiots on the right like Rush like to point to any cold-weather anomalies as proof that global warming doesn’t exist.”

That's makes my point.

Look, you either believe in science or you don't. The article you posted describes my point. Where's the money, folks? Do you really think that millionaires like Gore and RFK Jr. is where the real money is on this issue? That's just ignorant.

The real money is in lying to you folks so that the billionaires can continue without regulations to pollute our environment to their hearts content. Current regulations don't put a dent in their money flows and oil companies like BP laugh at the fines they have to pay when they ruin people's lives.

Environmentalists don't have 50˘ for every million dollars the other side has, so it's painfully obvious to me why our country is so clueless on this subject.