Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Soldier versus Police Officer

Police brutality? Or perhaps a soldier biting off more than he can chew with a Marine?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=ba5dcfc14fe2" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=2cbb1c6786d2" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The kid's a royal punk, but maybe the officer could have tried at least once to diffuse the situation before the smack to the head. I'm not saying the kid didn't deserve it. I just expect more professionalism from our men in blue.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bingster View Post
    The kid's a royal punk, but maybe the officer could have tried at least once to diffuse the situation before the smack to the head. I'm not saying the kid didn't deserve it. I just expect more professionalism from our men in blue.
    I sort of agree, tough situation. But it pays NOT to be an asshole to the police, especially one that is a former US Marine. You start with "Know who you're talking to - US soldier" - you might have a soldier reply back to you!~
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    you might have a soldier reply back to you!~
    ...or just a cop who can savagely pwn you. lol.
    Mama Jeffro: Jeeeeh-froooo! What's going on down there? What's that smell?
    Jeffro: Nothing ma! Me and Lorenzo are practicing our Turkish oil wrestling.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, just looking over the idiots who don't know how to be civil, I'm sure if i beat the crap out of a couple of punks trying to rob me and the police were 45 min late, i'd be pissed too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    Ok, just looking over the idiots who don't know how to be civil, I'm sure if i beat the crap out of a couple of punks trying to rob me and the police were 45 min late, i'd be pissed too.
    He's got a right to be upset about the timing. But when the cop moved closer to speak to him, he puffed out his chest and told the cop to make sure he knows who he is talking to, a US soldier. It shouldn't matter if the cop was talking to a soldier or an old lady - neither should try to intimidate an officer. Not defending either side, but maybe the police were involved in a call about a robbery or shooting, and got to the next level call as soon as they could.

Anyway, my question is, did the "puffing" and comments deserve the harsh response from the police? Personally, I think it's good to see a Marine put him in his place. I just don't think as far as the courts are concerned, that he needed to take it as far as he did.

As a Marine - excellent response
    As a Police Officer - abuse?

I'm honestly unsure and have mixed feelings. I can't wait for my buddy, Rev, to get here though!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I sort of agree, tough situation. But it pays NOT to be an asshole to the police, especially one that is a former US Marine. You start with "Know who you're talking to - US soldier" - you might have a soldier reply back to you!~
    I saw nothing soldier like from the kid that got knocked down. That being said, the police officer had no legal right to hit a person that is not threatening that officer. As much as I'd like to side with the officer I can not in this case. Not unless the victim made a threatening move that was not on the video. Now the victim should have no been that mouthy and presenting himself as some badass soldier, obviously he was not. After all his roommate had beat his ass and thrown him out. Both parties were in the wrong IMHO. THE KID FOR HIS ATTITUDE AND THE OFFICER FOR STRIKING HIM. Pains me to have to say that because the kid needed an attitude adjustment but by law it was not right for the cop to just hit him. I once told a cop that next time he hits my younger brother with his nightstick will be his last!! I meant it and he did not try to arrest me on any charge because he knew he had hit my younger brother for no just cause. He never did such again to anybody that I ever heard about. I was 26 back then and didnt give a flying crap about what the hell happened to me. I just knew to take a stand and do or die trying..
    A good cop is solid gold in my book , all others f-them feed 'em fishheads..-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I agree. The police in this case seemed to be more concerned with this punk's attitude than with the complaint. His room mates may have had a case, but that never came to be shown. Why? The police got pissed at the complainant.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I agree. The police in this case seemed to be more concerned with this punk's attitude than with the complaint. His room mates may have had a case, but that never came to be shown. Why? The police got pissed at the complainant.
    Too many policemen are wondering around with a "shoot first ask questions later" attitude. I thought training was to handle a situation properly?
    Why is it that when i'm pulled over for speeding the cop has his hand on his gun? Why is it that cops are shooting at cars that look like the ex-cops car? How many people have been SHOT DEAD for having a toy gun?

My opinion, we need a psychological test to make sure the cops are doing their job to protect people and not to shoot the bad guy and be the hero.

I'm not saying the kid in the video didn't deserve to be hit, but the cop should have handled it better. Makes me worried that if i had a kid and he was running around with a squirt gun, he might be shot by some dumbass cop who wanted to play hero.
    Last edited by cadet; 02-10-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Too many policemen are wondering around with a "shoot first ask questions later" attitude. I thought training was to handle a situation properly?
    Why is it that when i'm pulled over for speeding the cop has his hand on his gun? Why is it that cops are shooting at cars that look like the ex-cops car? How many people have been SHOT DEAD for having a toy gun?

My opinion, we need a psychological test to make sure the cops are doing their job to protect people and not to shoot the bad guy and be the hero.

I'm not saying the kid in the video didn't deserve to be hit, but the cop should have handled it better. Makes me worried that if i had a kid and he was running around with a squirt gun, he might be shot by some dumbass cop who wanted to play hero.
    The police do run pretty rigorous psych exams for new hire potentials, many are weeded out at this stage, though it doesn't catch all. Much of the time, the first year does catch them, at least in good departments.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

cadet. After reading your diatribe above. One might think it is YOU who might be needing the psych testing. If you dislike, or distrust police officers as much as your words tend to show.
    I can't help but wonder what kind of confrontations, or violations you may have had...to carry such a CHIP on your shoulder.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    cadet. After reading your diatribe above. One might think it is YOU who might be needing the psych testing. If you dislike, or distrust police officers as much as your words tend to show.
    I can't help but wonder what kind of confrontations, or violations you may have had...to carry such a CHIP on your shoulder.
    I do, good job sherlock. As far as i'm concerned, cops are corrupt to the heart. Too many are gun slingers who want to be the hero.

And I've had few, the cops in my neighborhood are all stuck up and snobby. And jack happens back home. Yet they seem to think moms with kids crying in the back are gonna pull a gun on them for how they act.

They don't LOOK at the situation, they just want to shoot! No tact.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#axzz2KYGTMjJ0

The shooting, at Cummings Middle School in Brownsville, Texas, also raised questions about whether pellet guns should be marked in a way that would easily distinguish them from real handguns.Rodriguez defended his officers, saying the younger Gonzalez pointed the pellet gun at police and repeatedly defied their commands to put it on the floor.
    He said the boy was shot twice in the torso. When asked about the parents' suggestion that there had been a shot to the back of the head, Rodriguez said: 'It's a laceration as a result of the fall'.The Valley Morning Star newspaper reviewed the report and confirmed the preliminary finding that the boy died of two gunshot wounds, one to the chest and one to the abdomen and that a laceration to the right side of the head was consistent with a fall.
    Authorities also released a 911 recording from Cummings Middle School.
    The assistant principal on the phone first is heard saying a student in the hall has a gun, then reports that he is drawing the weapon and finally that he is running down the hall.
    On the recording, police can be heard yelling: 'Put the gun down! Put it on the floor!'
    In the background, someone else yells: 'He's saying that he is willing to die.'
    Before police arrived, school administrators had urged Jaime to give up the gun. When officers got to the school, the boy was waiting for them.
    Moments before he was killed, Jaime began to run down a hallway, but again faced officers.
    Police fired down the hallway - a distance that made a stun gun or other methods impractical, Rodriguez said.
    If the situation had involved hostages or a gunman barricaded in a room, police might have tried negotiations. But instead, Rodriguez stressed, this was an armed student roaming the halls of a school.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I do, good job sherlock. As far as i'm concerned, cops are corrupt to the heart. Too many are gun slingers who want to be the hero.

And I've had few, the cops in my neighborhood are all stuck up and snobby. And jack happens back home. Yet they seem to think moms with kids crying in the back are gonna pull a gun on them for how they act.

They don't LOOK at the situation, they just want to shoot! No tact.

Awwww. Poor baby. You just said all anyone needs to know. Thank you.

p.s. wonder what those cops in your neighborhood would SAY ABOUT YOU?
    Last edited by aboutime; 02-10-2013 at 09:09 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Awwww. Poor baby. You just said all anyone needs to know. Thank you.

p.s. wonder what those cops in your neighborhood would SAY ABOUT YOU?
    They say I'm a good kid and would never do anything wrong. One of the few I DO trust is my former wrestling coach. And I like him because he's especially picky about having tact when it comes to a situation. He know's how his coworkers are.