Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I'm just guessing here, but I'd bet it's rare indeed to find someone that is using coke or heroin to move down to grass, but if I'm missing something, willing to learn.
    http://mobile.alternet.org/alternet/...fc7b56703da189
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    Potheads are criminals. And pot is only used by criminals. Thus we should keep it illegal cause they're criminals.

Now imagine if it were legalized. Potheads would not be criminals.
    Get it?
    Uh, yeah. But look at it this way, we could eliminate crime completely if we legalized everything.
    Mama Jeffro: Jeeeeh-froooo! What's going on down there? What's that smell?
    Jeffro: Nothing ma! Me and Lorenzo are practicing our Turkish oil wrestling.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    The whole issue is that it's your body and you should be able to do whatever the hell you want to it.
    Answer me, does the gov't have the right to tell you what you can and cannot consume?
    Answer me; Does the government have the right to confiscate my wealth to pay for your housing, food, and medical care when you chose to be non-functioning substance abusers?

As long as the government has that power, the people have a compelling public interest in preventing this population from expanding.

This is like turning a blind eye to illegal immigration.... to get more government dependent liberal Dems on the voting rolls.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm confused though why you'd agree that anyone that disagrees with Taft's definitions is a pot head?
    Right... because that's *exactly* the point I'm trying to make; anyone who disagrees with my definitions is a pot head.

Someday we'll all be able to have political discussions outside the parameters of the two thinking boxes provided to us by Sean Hannity and Chris Mathews.

Someday, but certainly not today.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taft2012 View Post
    Answer me; Does the government have the right to confiscate my wealth to pay for your housing, food, and medical care when you chose to be non-functioning substance abusers?

As long as the government has that power, the people have a compelling public interest in preventing this population from expanding.

This is like turning a blind eye to illegal immigration.... to get more government dependent liberal Dems on the voting rolls.
    I agree that the gov't doesn't have those rights either. I have nothing to fight against these statements.
    America was founded upon freedom, and hard work. And everyone should have the right to be free to do with their lives as they wish. That includes paying for others lives, no reason to unless you really want to.
    "If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'm just guessing here, but I'd bet it's rare indeed to find someone that is using coke or heroin to move down to grass, but if I'm missing something, willing to learn.
    That's just it, many people seem to think there is a hierarchy with drugs, and there isn't, there are just drugs. What is dangled in front of someone is what they are perhaps going to try, and that is entirely up to that individual. And a person being offered cocaine at a party - I don't think his/her answer changes based on whether or not they have or do smoke marijuana.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock