Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Note to About time

You won't use your name About Time so you can hide from the rest of us.

And of course I get you.

You love to taunt and insult.

That is why you remain almost nameless.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Whit View Post
    Your sorry insults only make you look bad.
    Not when directed at the correct target, sorry.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Suppose the cop smashed a woman's head like that?

But you did not tell all of the story. Why didn't you show him the channel 7 report? They explained what took place.

Said cop gets angry over his being whined at over being late to a crime scene. Hell, who can stand and wait for that long given the guys that beat him up were still there?

If you got raped, could you stand there for 45 minutes close to the rapist?

That young man was pretty scared. He commented that the cops showed up late. But the Cop did not say, well, we got here as fast as we could. He smart mouthed the victim. The victim then got a bit upset. Then this shit about the military and suddenly that burly cop knocks the kid down.

If you guys believe cops should do this, lord help us all. We are getting closer to the Nazi scheme where their cops wanted you afraid.

I would be afraid of any cop in Vallejo now that I saw the entire story.
    Cops/prosecutors beat up on people every day, giving them lasting legal problems. If the kid won't sue, why can't everything be put to rest with an apology? Did he sustain long term injuries? Getting beat up is better than spending a year fighting frivolous criminal charges.

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Actually the cop taking a step forward was not an assault. You are correct that it was meant to be intimidating, the punk should have recognized it as such.

Just calling names, I'd agree. It was the culmination of all the incidents that led to the cop striking the punk in the head. (Note, I'm not agreeing with the cop on where the punk was hit, it's obvious on the video). The punk may file charges, though he said he wasn't going to, it will go no where if he does. He was hit once and using discretion, not charged.

As my bro said, 'those that think a cop has to wait to be touched or hit, are wrong.' Long established that they are, not only allowed, but expected to take necessary action to protect themselves from harm and what is necessary to prevent an escalation of problems.

I was surprised when he said, 'Kat, you'd be surprised how many complainants are the ones who have to be 'clocked' and often arrested.' There may be reasons that the roomies kicked him out, that hasn't been brought out yet, to my knowledge.
    You guys must have completely blanked out the Rodney King case where he was also beaten up.

Those cops in Vallejo plain beat this victim up. But go ahead, to you he is the pumk.

When two burley cops climb up on top of you, maybe then and only then you will finally get it. Then if you ever get it, explain it to that dude that calls himself About Time. No idea who he is since he hides behind a fake name.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

You won't use your name About Time so you can hide from the rest of us.

And of course I get you.

You love to taunt and insult.

That is why you remain almost nameless.

Funny stuff Robert. Endlessly funny.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

You guys must have completely blanked out the Rodney King case where he was also beaten up.

Those cops in Vallejo plain beat this victim up. But go ahead, to you he is the pumk.

When two burley cops climb up on top of you, maybe then and only then you will finally get it. Then if you ever get it, explain it to that dude that calls himself About Time. No idea who he is since he hides behind a fake name.
    You are comparing his treatment with what happened with Rodney King?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

It's STILL better than fighting trumped up charges. It's almost as if Mexico's criminal justice system is no worse than ours. A beating lasts a week; charges last a year or more even if found not guilty at trial.
    Last edited by tailfins; 02-18-2013 at 06:15 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Many moons ago I had to take some abuse at the hands of a NJ State Trooper. A friend and I were returning from NYC where we of course scored a few grams of the wacky tobacky. For those not in the know, that's barely anything. Anyway, he caught us on different stories and demanded to know what we were hiding. Damn, I told him it was in my cigarette pack, and he couldn't find it! He had to have me show him, which means he likely never would have found it. Anyway, he tells me to open it up and dump it out on the other side of the railing. Then he has both of us hop over and do 50 pushups apiece. While doing them he found the fireworks in my trunk! LOL I was pulled over on the NJ Turnpike, alongside Newark Airport, which has what appears to be a tiny creek there, likely sewage. He had me place my fireworks in the water. Then he told me to drive to the next exit, get off the highway, and never get back on HIS highway with drugs ever again.

Can you believe he robbed us like that?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Many moons ago I had to take some abuse at the hands of a NJ State Trooper. A friend and I were returning from NYC where we of course scored a few grams of the wacky tobacky. For those not in the know, that's barely anything. Anyway, he caught us on different stories and demanded to know what we were hiding. Damn, I told him it was in my cigarette pack, and he couldn't find it! He had to have me show him, which means he likely never would have found it. Anyway, he tells me to open it up and dump it out on the other side of the railing. Then he has both of us hop over and do 50 pushups apiece. While doing them he found the fireworks in my trunk! LOL I was pulled over on the NJ Turnpike, alongside Newark Airport, which has what appears to be a tiny creek there, likely sewage. He had me place my fireworks in the water. Then he told me to drive to the next exit, get off the highway, and never get back on HIS highway with drugs ever again.

Now that sounds a lot like my brother in wanting to use 'discretionary power' on whom to charge and not. His biggest headaches were in the past 15 years, as more and more discretion was eliminated and mandatory charges were required. How soured? Enough to convince my son not to pursue police department, in spite of graduating with high honors in the field. He convinced my son that the days of police being a positive influence in community were at an end or ending.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are comparing his treatment with what happened with Rodney King?
    Certainly.

Cops show up.
    Cop assaults victim.
    Several cops mount victim causing bodily harm.

Rodney King won several million dollars.

This victim has not yet been heard in court.

Time will tell.

I have long suspected that the common man, by refusing to stand up for the common man, diminishes not only him, but themselves.

Reading this forum proves to me that we are closer to a totalitarian nation than one might believe.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Certainly.

Cops show up.
    Cop assaults victim.
    Several cops mount victim causing bodily harm.

Rodney King won several million dollars.

This victim has not yet been heard in court.

Time will tell.

I have long suspected that the common man, by refusing to stand up for the common man, diminishes not only him, but themselves.

Reading this forum proves to me that we are closer to a totalitarian nation than one might believe.
    How far do you think we are to the point of emigrating to an indigenous tribe would be an improvement?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

Cops pull a lot of illegal stunts. Some cops are crooked as a dog's hind leg.

I however believe that the good cops outnumber the bad cops.

Years and years ago, I got busted for driving about 125 mph in a 25 mph zone. The entire story is highly funny. But the main thing is the cop decided upon driving me to jail to not jail me. Then he kept cutting down the speed on the ticket he said he would write. I had the benefit of talking to him in his patrol car on the way to jail. Anyway, he and I became good friends. I did favors for him. He even drove my car and said no patrol car could catch my car. He would fix all of my tickets with the judge. I forgot above, the cop did not even give me a citation. He took me back to my car and I drove home.

One other time, I raced some guys Corvette on a state highway. I beat the hell out of the Corvette and pulled off an exit. A cop was behind us and he kept going after the Corvette.

Later down in town I drove past him, not knowing he got the Corvette. I was doing approved speed. Suddenly he fires up and turns on his red lights. I stop and he tells me to come look at the hood of his state patrol car. It was warm weather and dust was on his hood. On his hood he had used his finger to show my car license number.

Well, he let me go.

I told my pal who also was a state highway patrol what happened and he said the reason I got no ticket is that no judge would let that be evidence. He was way too far behind me and there was no way he saw it on the state highway. It was pitch black at night. Then he could not place me behind the wheel in the drag race.

You got to watch cops Jim. They will hang you and do it illegally.
    Last edited by Robert A Whit; 02-18-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Respect my authoritay! Or get a beat down.

Actually the cop taking a step forward was not an assault. You are correct that it was meant to be intimidating, the punk should have recognized it as such.

Just calling names, I'd agree. It was the culmination of all the incidents that led to the cop striking the punk in the head. (Note, I'm not agreeing with the cop on where the punk was hit, it's obvious on the video). The punk may file charges, though he said he wasn't going to, it will go no where if he does. He was hit once and using discretion, not charged.

As my bro said, 'those that think a cop has to wait to be touched or hit, are wrong.' Long established that they are, not only allowed, but expected to take necessary action to protect themselves from harm and what is necessary to prevent an escalation of problems.

I was surprised when he said, 'Kat, you'd be surprised how many complainants are the ones who have to be 'clocked' and often arrested.' There may be reasons that the roomies kicked him out, that hasn't been brought out yet, to my knowledge.

Ca criminal code 240. An assault is an unlawful attempt, coupled with present ability, to commit a violent injury upon another person.

This intimidation tactic of approaching the man, arguably, had lawful merit. Again, hinging upon whether the overall tone regardless of the complaint over the officers' response time qualifies as fighting words. While I'm willing to grant a fair degree of discretion, as you stipulated, the impetus to preemptive violence is in subverting the escalation of greater violence; but the intimidation of the man clearly failed to satisfy the modus operandi of quelling violence. Indeed, it incited a rebuffed response (puffed out chest) along with him identifying himself as a man deserving of respect (similarly to what LE claims the officer may have intended to convey with his intimidation tactic). This aggravated the circumstance, it certainly didn't mitigate anything. In taking the sum of the circumstances into consideration, consider the following:

241.8. (a) Any person who commits an assault against a member of
    the United States Armed Forces because of the victim's service in the
    United States Armed Forces shall be punished by a fine not exceeding
    two thousand dollars ($2,000), by imprisonment in a county jail for
    a period not exceeding one year, or by both that fine and
    imprisonment.
    (b) "Because of" means that the bias motivation must be a cause in
    fact of the assault, whether or not other causes exist. When
    multiple concurrent motives exist, the prohibited bias must be a
    substantial factor in bringing about the assault.

The last words before:
    man: "us soldier bro-- know who youre talking to. "
    cop: "ARE YOU GETTING IN MY FACE?"
    man: "Are you gettin in my face? you stepped forward to me, I DID NOT STEP FORWARD TO YOU"
    cop: "im trying to talk..." SMACK!
    And What were the first words out of the cop's immediately following? "I know who I'm talking to, and you're down-- you understand that -- so, you're talking to us marine." So the impetus for the attack had much to do with the service status-- not preventing violence or whatever other claims of legitimacy the violence may presuppose...I suppose boys will be boys; kinda growing tired of the discussion tbh; but they both need a night in the brig IMHO.

btw Jim, I counted three (and a half) steps up by the officer.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Stunning analysis

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    Ca criminal code 240. An assault is an unlawful attempt, coupled with present ability, to commit a violent injury upon another person.

This intimidation tactic of approaching the man, arguably, had lawful merit. Again, hinging upon whether the overall tone regardless of the complaint over the officers' response time qualifies as fighting words. While I'm willing to grant a fair degree of discretion, as you stipulated, the impetus to preemptive violence is in subverting the escalation of greater violence; but the intimidation of the man clearly failed to satisfy the modus operandi of quelling violence. Indeed, it incited a rebuffed response (puffed out chest) along with him identifying himself as a man deserving of respect (similarly to what LE claims the officer may have intended to convey with his intimidation tactic). This aggravated the circumstance, it certainly didn't mitigate anything. In taking the sum of the circumstances into consideration, consider the following:

241.8. (a) Any person who commits an assault against a member of
    the United States Armed Forces because of the victim's service in the
    United States Armed Forces shall be punished by a fine not exceeding
    two thousand dollars ($2,000), by imprisonment in a county jail for
    a period not exceeding one year, or by both that fine and
    imprisonment.
    (b) "Because of" means that the bias motivation must be a cause in
    fact of the assault, whether or not other causes exist. When
    multiple concurrent motives exist, the prohibited bias must be a
    substantial factor in bringing about the assault.

The last words before:
    man: "us soldier bro-- know who youre talking to. "
    cop: "ARE YOU GETTING IN MY FACE?"
    man: "Are you gettin in my face? you stepped forward to me, I DID NOT STEP FORWARD TO YOU"
    cop: "im trying to talk..." SMACK!
    And What were the first words out of the cop's immediately following? "I know who I'm talking to, and you're down-- you understand that -- so, you're talking to us marine." So the impetus for the attack had much to do with the service status-- not preventing violence or whatever other claims of legitimacy the violence may presuppose...I suppose boys will be boys; kinda growing tired of the discussion tbh; but they both need a night in the brig IMHO.

Hey man, fine work. I am in awe. Finally somebody applies facts, common sense and law to the same event.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    And a couple from the young soldier. And the tough talk. Neither innocent, IMO. The cop could have taken 12 steps, and I still believe the kid was in need of an attitude adjustment, just not from the police. Nothing put forward will change the fact that the kid was being a dick and then tried acting tough with his soldier routine. That certainly does not allow a police officer to strike him, but I can still think the kid needs a little putting in his place.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock