Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    They say I'm a good kid and would never do anything wrong. One of the few I DO trust is my former wrestling coach. And I like him because he's especially picky about having tact when it comes to a situation. He know's how his coworkers are.

So, you think you've fooled them, and they would never know what you think about them...cause you are SO MUCH SMARTER than they.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default This is from the Bay Area and it has been on the news a lot

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Police brutality? Or perhaps a soldier biting off more than he can chew with a Marine?

<IFRAME height=360 src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=ba5dcfc14fe2" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

<IFRAME height=360 src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=2cbb1c6786d2" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen=""></IFRAME>
    Get this. The guy calls the cops.

This story has been all over the local news this past week.

A cop finally shows up. I mean like it took 20 minutes for this bastard to show up.

Some of it is due to cops pay being curtailed.

This guy, the victims, is harshly dealt with and rather than deal with the actual criminals, this fat ass big mouth cop gets all over the victim and puts his knee down hard in the victims chest.

We need cops to pretect us from cops.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    So, you think you've fooled them, and they would never know what you think about them...cause you are SO MUCH SMARTER than they.
    ... Do you think I'm lying? Or that I'm some sort of punk who tries to get away with stuff?

I believe I'm allowed to distrust those who hinder civilians rather then protecting them.

Their JOB is to PROTECT, not be brutal with, or walk everywhere like they're gonna get in a shootout.

I don't know about you, but I come from a back country town where the cops have nothing to do except pull over every guy going 2 miles over the speed limit. And yet they have the audacity to go up to every person with their hand on their hip ready to pull out their gun. I mean seriously, they don't even LOOK at the situation before shooting anymore.

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bingster View Post
    The kid's a royal punk, but maybe the officer could have tried at least once to diffuse the situation before the smack to the head. I'm not saying the kid didn't deserve it. I just expect more professionalism from our men in blue.

You fucking kidding me?

I know all about that story thanks to the local news.

That kid is the victim.

What if it was a girl. She got beat up and called the cop. The cop shows up and hits her down to the ground and shoves his damned knee in her chest. Still think he is a punk?

I hope he is fired.

The victim was understandably upset since he called 911 and for all the cop knew, he might have been beaten up more and maybe shot. But the cop attacks the victim and you side with the cop?

Fucking stunning.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

If the cop was really a retired Marine he would have used his superior experience to deal with a young soldier that was running on high adrenalin due to the beating he had already received at the hands of the two who assaulted him. Instead, the cop chose to escalate the situation by hitting him. The kid obviously never thought the police would be attacking him because he called them for help.

Even though the kid was out of line with the cops I think, if given the chance, would have cooperated if talked to reasonably. I think the cop overreacted when the kid complained about how long it took them to get there.

I am from this area and the Vallejo police are known to be brutal and have a "take no prisoners" attitude.

Vallejo saw a 10 percent jump in violent crime last year as the city emerged from bankruptcy. The police force has been cut to 93 officers, down from a high of 158 in 2005. And in November, Officer James Capoot was shot and killed while chasing a suspected bank robber.

Police officials, watchdogs and experts on the use of force agree that the number of shootings in Vallejo is alarming. Officers in Oakland and San Francisco have each killed one person this year, and Vallejo officers had killed two people in the three years before the recent spike.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/...#ixzz2KYRL2xWa
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default This cop punching out the victim

You guys seem to judge this only by the video.
    First the cop. I don't care if he is tougher than Clint Eastwood.

But the kid is the victim.

Not the assailant, he called emergency.

This took place in a bankrupt city. Vallejo CA. I have had this on TV for days now. Worse than that, it is well known for violence. The kid told the cop he had been beaten.

Well he told that to the wrong cop. The cop decided that he also could beat the kid up.

What if the victim was a girl and called for help for maybe being raped? I can see that cop belting her alongside her head. That noise the kid was making? He was trying hard to breathe. He was in pain.

Cops in that city are an embarrasement if they back this rogue cop.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

... Do you think I'm lying? Or that I'm some sort of punk who tries to get away with stuff?

I believe I'm allowed to distrust those who hinder civilians rather then protecting them.

Their JOB is to PROTECT, not be brutal with, or walk everywhere like they're gonna get in a shootout.

I don't know about you, but I come from a back country town where the cops have nothing to do except pull over every guy going 2 miles over the speed limit. And yet they have the audacity to go up to every person with their hand on their hip ready to pull out their gun. I mean seriously, they don't even LOOK at the situation before shooting anymore.
    I think that you have a good head on your shoulders .
    My take from viewing the video is much like yours that the cop over reacted.
    Kid was wrong with his attitude but the cop was far more wrong in what he did IMHO.
    I'VE PERSONALLY SEEN COPS BEAT THE VICTIM BEFORE. Also have often seen cops take sides even before hearing either party's testimony . Most often they do this by assuming the party hurt the worst is the victim when quite often that is not the case. -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    I think that you have a good head on your shoulders .
    My take from viewing the video is much like yours that the cop over reacted.
    Kid was wrong with his attitude but the cop was far more wrong in what he did IMHO.
    I'VE PERSONALLY SEEN COPS BEAT THE VICTIM BEFORE. Also have often seen cops take sides even before hearing either party's testimony . Most often they do this by assuming the party hurt the worst is the victim when quite often that is not the case. -Tyr
    i agree. A cop is well trained. A cop has years under his belt dealing with victims and criminals.

Merely because a victim was so anxious, no doubt very worried, was no excuse for the cop to turn a victim of those that beat him to add ot his problems by beating the victim.

We don't expect cops to help the criminals do their worst to humans. I plan to tell my son in law about this to get his view since he spent decades on a police force. I do not for one instant think he would knock down a victim and then kneel on the guys chest. I bet that rogue cop had to weigh well above 250 pounds.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    If the cop was really a retired Marine he would have used his superior experience to deal with a young soldier that was running on high adrenalin due to the beating he had already received at the hands of the two who assaulted him.
    ... and you know all of this from 20-20 hindsight.

An officer arrives on the scene and somebody says they called... maybe they were indeed the one who called. Maybe they weren't.

Even routine radio runs have to be sorted out upon arrival to ensure the situation is safe and stable.

This kid could have been a Debatepolicy nut with an irrational fear of government.
    Mama Jeffro: Jeeeeh-froooo! What's going on down there? What's that smell?
    Jeffro: Nothing ma! Me and Lorenzo are practicing our Turkish oil wrestling.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm ok with the way the cop handled it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

cadet. Based on your attitude. Yes. I do think that about you. You have a huge chip on your shoulder about ALL COPS, as far as I can see. You just used a blanket statement that is immature, and typically liberal. If you take the time to read what you said.

You do have your opinion. Nobody can take that away from you. But labeling all police officers as you did. That's just Stupid, and convinced me. You have a Punk attitude that needs more experience.
    Carry that kind of chip with you while in Uniform, and you may find yourself on the short end of a UCMJ discharge.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    cadet. Based on your attitude. Yes. I do think that about you. You have a huge chip on your shoulder about ALL COPS, as far as I can see. You just used a blanket statement that is immature, and typically liberal. If you take the time to read what you said.

You do have your opinion. Nobody can take that away from you. But labeling all police officers as you did. That's just Stupid, and convinced me. You have a Punk attitude that needs more experience.
    Carry that kind of chip with you while in Uniform, and you may find yourself on the short end of a UCMJ discharge.
    The way I see it the cop over reacted. Had he ignored the kid long enough to get the full story of the incident he could have then decided the proper course of action. Kid needed an attitude adjustment but those are illegal for officers of the law to give unless the person does more than mouth off a few harsh words and criticisms of the cop's performance time in arriving on the scene !!! As a trained officer of the law the officer had the greater responsibility in maintaining that law, beating the crap out of the victim that called the cops doesn't fit well with that IMHO. Unless I missed something on the video the cop had no right to knock the kid down. Hell, bad as my temper is and Im not even a cop I see that..
    Cop being a Marine he should have known better.
    My friend, I am hazarding a guess that you haven't seen anywhere near as much bullying and bullshit from cops as I have.. Experience teaches a lot and I had far more than my fair share of that with cops in my younger years.
    That's why in my previous post here I stated that a good cop is worth his/her weight in gold but the others f-them , feed 'em fish heads.. I always fully mean that which I say.. --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Never 'start' shit with someone you can't 'finish' shit with.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Crap like this makes me wonder which side of the border we are on. I'm beginning to wonder if US law enforcement is on the same level as Mexican or Brazilian. At least there the cops go away if you cough up a 20.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Whit View Post
    Get this. The guy calls the cops.

This story has been all over the local news this past week.

A cop finally shows up. I mean like it took 20 minutes for this bastard to show up.

Some of it is due to cops pay being curtailed.

This guy, the victims, is harshly dealt with and rather than deal with the actual criminals, this fat ass big mouth cop gets all over the victim and puts his knee down hard in the victims chest.

We need cops to pretect us from cops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Whit View Post
    You fucking kidding me?

I know all about that story thanks to the local news.

That kid is the victim.

What if it was a girl. She got beat up and called the cop. The cop shows up and hits her down to the ground and shoves his damned knee in her chest. Still think he is a punk?

I hope he is fired.

The victim was understandably upset since he called 911 and for all the cop knew, he might have been beaten up more and maybe shot. But the cop attacks the victim and you side with the cop?

Fucking stunning.
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    If the cop was really a retired Marine he would have used his superior experience to deal with a young soldier that was running on high adrenalin due to the beating he had already received at the hands of the two who assaulted him. Instead, the cop chose to escalate the situation by hitting him. The kid obviously never thought the police would be attacking him because he called them for help.

Even though the kid was out of line with the cops I think, if given the chance, would have cooperated if talked to reasonably. I think the cop overreacted when the kid complained about how long it took them to get there.

I am from this area and the Vallejo police are known to be brutal and have a "take no prisoners" attitude.
    Adrenaline shouldn't be pumping 45 minutes after an altercation. And while I don't think the cops acted 100% properly - the young man is the one who escalated things 1st by scolding them about being late, then he did so a 2nd time. That's when the officer approached him. Before the officer can do anything, or even speak a word, that's when the young man started puffing out his chest. In many circles, and especially in police circles, that's a sign of aggression, someone acting like they want to fight. Then he verbalized it next, as if he were special and tough, because he was a US soldier. That had no bearing whatsoever and seemed to me to be yet another attempt at intimidation.

If it were just another guy on the street, and the marine responded as such, I would buy him a beer for placing the idiot in his place. Being a police officer though, he should have risen above the bait. Maybe cuffed the kid until he backed off his little perch. He had no right to place his hands on the young man unless he was truly threatened, which I'm not satisfied he was.

So while I do believe the officer was wrong, I also believe the kid needed to be put in his place - just maybe not from an officer of the law. Maybe now we know why his "friends" kicked his ass?

And right or wrong from either side, respect goes a long way. I thought the officers were respectful up until the slam down. respect will likely get you respect in return, disrespect the same.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock