Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    Is your point that because pot is illegal, potheads are criminals?? I too will concede that obvious point, but would admonish your for engaging in circular reasoning.
    I'm missing the "circular reasoning"
    Mama Jeffro: Jeeeeh-froooo! What's going on down there? What's that smell?
    Jeffro: Nothing ma! Me and Lorenzo are practicing our Turkish oil wrestling.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taft2012 View Post
    I'm missing the "circular reasoning"
    Potheads are criminals. And pot is only used by criminals. Thus we should keep it illegal cause they're criminals.

Now imagine if it were legalized. Potheads would not be criminals.
    Get it?
    "If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I have smoked pot; im not proud of that. Don't smoke it now, I'm not proud of that either. That make me a stoopid, unrecoverable pothead?

​You said it...not me. Thanks anyway.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    ​You said it...not me. Thanks anyway.
    If it keeps your last brain cell pulsing, you're surely welcome.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

That starter drug crap is crap, IMO. Everyone has a choice, from whether to smoke a cigarette, a joint, some crack, heroin... None of them will make you want to have the other. You don't say "I'll have this, why not, I had marijuana once...". They don't impact one another. I'd be willing to bet the majority of pot smokers today, and in the past, didn't have it lead them to harder drugs and such. This doesn't mean I am or would promote the use of it, no more than I would promote the use of drinking, which is also not a "gateway" drug.

If anything, the wrong friends and places one is hanging is much more of any gateway.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    That starter drug crap is crap, IMO. Everyone has a choice, from whether to smoke a cigarette, a joint, some crack, heroin... None of them will make you want to have the other. You don't say "I'll have this, why not, I had marijuana once...". They don't impact one another. I'd be willing to bet the majority of pot smokers today, and in the past, didn't have it lead them to harder drugs and such. This doesn't mean I am or would promote the use of it, no more than I would promote the use of drinking, which is also not a "gateway" drug.

If anything, the wrong friends and places one is hanging is much more of any gateway.

jimnyc: Nobody has ever said ALL who have used POT would also become more serious drug users. Calling someone a POT HEAD isn't wrong IF...someone admits to smoking Pot. In fact. It's a true statement.
    All the big hubbub is over the use of POTHEAD. Nothing more, nothing less.
    But those who are so quickly offended by the use of those words...seem to be taking the words rather seriously. And they should...if they have used pot at any time.
    What's wrong with that?
    Look at how members here have happily enjoyed reminding me of my sickness with Alcohol.
    Did I get angry at them for telling the truth?????
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

jimnyc: Nobody has ever said ALL who have used POT would also become more serious drug users. Calling someone a POT HEAD isn't wrong IF...someone admits to smoking Pot. In fact. It's a true statement.
    But those who are so quickly offended by the use of those words...seem to be taking the words rather seriously. And they should...if they have used pot at any time.
    What's wrong with that?
    Look at how members here have happily enjoyed reminding me of my sickness with Alcohol.
    The "pothead" term wasn't just for someone who smoked pot, but a serious habitual user, a hardcore stoner. Your casual user wouldn't be labeled as such. I don't get offended over stuff like that, I just correct the misconceptions is all.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

The illegality of mj makes it a 'gateway.' I don't really know if mj is less or more or the same as alcohol regarding addiction. What I do know is that it's legal and taxed to buy alcohol, provided you are of a certain age. At the same location you may likely purchase legal tobacco products. MJ? No way.

That guy supplying the MJ? Well he can also put in a score for other things, it's the nature of a black market. Not all want, that's true. Those using mj to escape? Likely customers for better escapes. Legality is the key.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    The illegality of mj makes it a 'gateway.' I don't really know if mj is less or more or the same as alcohol regarding addiction. What I do know is that it's legal and taxed to buy alcohol, provided you are of a certain age. At the same location you may likely purchase legal tobacco products. MJ? No way.

That guy supplying the MJ? Well he can also put in a score for other things, it's the nature of a black market. Not all want, that's true. Those using mj to escape? Likely customers for better escapes. Legality is the key.
    Who's to say that someone scoring an 8 ball of cocaine will not later turn to MJ? I suppose it all depends on what they are lured to first, and whether they have an addictive personality, their friends, family, how it affects them when high...

I think a lot of factors come into play before someone smokes a joint and then decides to try heroin or meth. I do think, just being in the drug scene alone, might very well lead some into temptation for all kinds of drugs. If a guy goes with friends to his cousins house, and they are doing cocaine there, he may be lured to that. If they are smoking crack, it may smell good to him. If smoking MJ, maybe that. I just don't think any one drug leads someone to do another drug. IMO, I look at it as like a gun doesn't kill people, people do. In this instance, drugs don't lead to other drugs - people go there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

What I find most amazing, but not unexpected these days is. Reading all of the many kinds of excuses, and even some Defensive reasoning that separates a Pot User..POT HEAD, from hard core drug users...DRUGGIES.

Listen to yourselves out there. Seems as if most of you prefer to make Pot legal to alleviate your past, secretive experiments with, or normal use of something that...up until only recently. Has been on the ILLEGAL list.

I see it as some form of personal gratification many of you are expressing...while hoping in A STATE NEAR YOU...it becomes legal to smoke all the Pot you want.
    I guess I see it differently as someone who smoked cigarettes for almost 50 years before my heart attack...and warnings that I would not survive to see my grandchildren grow...if I continued. But now. Despite all of the Political wrangling in many states to keep citizens who smoked LEGALLY from doing so..almost everywhere that offended other people.
    SO...Where are all of those Whiners who hated to smell smoke when it comes to POT?
    Hypocrisy comes in many forms. And now. POT is replacing the SMOKE of choice...and the same people who complained so much about cigarettes..ARE HAPPILY SILENT????
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What I find most amazing, but not unexpected these days is. Reading all of the many kinds of excuses, and even some Defensive reasoning that separates a Pot User..POT HEAD, from hard core drug users...DRUGGIES.

Listen to yourselves out there. Seems as if most of you prefer to make Pot legal to alleviate your past, secretive experiments with, or normal use of something that...up until only recently. Has been on the ILLEGAL list.

I see it as some form of personal gratification many of you are expressing...while hoping in A STATE NEAR YOU...it becomes legal to smoke all the Pot you want.
    I guess I see it differently as someone who smoked cigarettes for almost 50 years before my heart attack...and warnings that I would not survive to see my grandchildren grow...if I continued. But now. Despite all of the Political wrangling in many states to keep citizens who smoked LEGALLY from doing so..almost everywhere that offended other people.
    SO...Where are all of those Whiners who hated to smell smoke when it comes to POT?
    Hypocrisy comes in many forms. And now. POT is replacing the SMOKE of choice...and the same people who complained so much about cigarettes..ARE HAPPILY SILENT????
    The whole issue is that it's your body and you should be able to do whatever the hell you want to it.
    Answer me, does the gov't have the right to tell you what you can and cannot consume?

Also, it's not as harmful, or addicting as cigarettes. Plus, there's no second hand smoke issue.
    You think the gov't should be able to tell what you can do with your life? That's very liberal/totalitarian of you.
    "If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

How many people are out there dying from smoking marijuana, as cigarette smokers are? The comparison is apples and oranges, as the effects are different, both physically and mentally. How many have heart attacks as a result? Lung cancer? Oh, that's right, none, zero, nada, zilch.

Make it legal to alleviate the past? That doesn't even make any sense. I imagine if someone had an issue with their past, they likely wouldn't be exposing it on a message board. I stand by my past 100%. I don't make excuses. I don't get defensive, I merely correct the incorrect. Drinking alcohol is 5000% worse than any "pothead" could ever do to himself, even if he/she injected THC directly into their veins. And then cigarettes are even worse than that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

What's wrong with that?
    The hubbub is over using pothead as an ad hominem attack. Its rather you clear you fail to understand the difference between use and abuse of substances. One can casually use alcohol and not have issues with dependence. Same goes for MJ. Maybe you can't, personally, use substances casually, but many can. I'm glad you found a way to deal with your addiction, but understand the only person who need label it a problem is you. That's your freedom, your right, and your responsibility; and so long as you don't involve me in it, it doesn't concern me. I expect the same in return.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

The hubbub is over using pothead as an ad hominem attack. Its rather you clear you fail to understand the difference between use and abuse of substances. One can casually use alcohol and not have issues with dependence. Same goes for MJ. Maybe you can't, personally, use substances casually, but many can. I'm glad you found a way to deal with your addiction, but understand the only person who need label it a problem is you. That's your freedom, your right, and your responsibility; and so long as you don't involve me in it, it doesn't concern me. I expect the same in return.
    Wouldn't expect, or have it any other way. Guess some of us have ways of speaking, or using words we expect others to always understand. It's called opinion, or idea. So we never get to agree about everything. That's how it is.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Who's to say that someone scoring an 8 ball of cocaine will not later turn to MJ? I suppose it all depends on what they are lured to first, and whether they have an addictive personality, their friends, family, how it affects them when high...

I think a lot of factors come into play before someone smokes a joint and then decides to try heroin or meth. I do think, just being in the drug scene alone, might very well lead some into temptation for all kinds of drugs. If a guy goes with friends to his cousins house, and they are doing cocaine there, he may be lured to that. If they are smoking crack, it may smell good to him. If smoking MJ, maybe that. I just don't think any one drug leads someone to do another drug. IMO, I look at it as like a gun doesn't kill people, people do. In this instance, drugs don't lead to other drugs - people go there.
    I'm just guessing here, but I'd bet it's rare indeed to find someone that is using coke or heroin to move down to grass, but if I'm missing something, willing to learn.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill