Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voted4Reagan View Post
    Catholic Priests dont fly Airliners into buildings killing thousands...
    Neither do Islamic Imams. Don't deflect the subject. We are talking about the rampant sexual abuse of children by the Catholic Church over a very long time.
    اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mundame View Post
    The churches are empty and few even marry anymore, which is relevant because marriage is a Catholic sacrament.
    That's not what I see. Every mass, every Sunday at my Church is filled to the maximum. Being I live about 1/2 mile away and pass it non-stop, I get to see the weddings there all the time. I really don't see things hurting at all. The issues stem with certain priests, and I certainly won't protect them, but they don't speak for the Church - and the Church really doesn't speak for the million + Catholics.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    Neither do Islamic Imams. Don't deflect the subject. We are talking about the rampant sexual abuse of children by the Catholic Church over a very long time.
    But Imams implore their Followers to commit acts of Jihad.

Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman (the Blind Sheik) being a prime example

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voted4Reagan View Post
    But Imams implore their Followers to commit acts of Jihad.

Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman (the Blind Sheik) being a prime example
    Doesn't "jihad" just mean "struggle"?
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    That's not what I see. Every mass, every Sunday at my Church is filled to the maximum. Being I live about 1/2 mile away and pass it non-stop, I get to see the weddings there all the time. I really don't see things hurting at all. The issues stem with certain priests, and I certainly won't protect them, but they don't speak for the Church - and the Church really doesn't speak for the million + Catholics.
    I was talking about Europe. Europeans have pretty much stopped being Catholic. It's a lot further along there than here.

If the Catholic Church does not speak for the Catholic flock, you've got a serious situation.....

And probably that is true, that the believers and the hierarchy are going in different directions. Birth control and remarriage after divorce, both essentially universal among American Catholics but deplored by the hierarchy, is a strong sign of how bad it's gotten.

In the Middle Ages people who didn't follow the rules of the church in this way would have been charged, tried, and probably hanged or burned alive. And often were. Nowadays Catholics pretty much do what they want and the Church has lost its authority.

The priests teach bad things no one wants to do and then so many of them sexually abuse boys --- darn. I would question having much to do with a church like that. I am interested in your saying that the catholic believers are setting out on their own, in a way.

In Europe, they've all just sort of left the church and stay home and are atheists, basically. Non-believers, anyway, so I read.

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    Doesn't "jihad" just mean "struggle"?
    Like Gay still means happy? I agree with Mundame and see the way Gay is used as just wrong. It is a word meaning happy. It should not be used as a substitute for homosexual. They deceive themselves if they think they are happy.

it seem to this observer that currently Jihad still means go make war. I believe you are accurate though but are you a Muslim? What would it mean to them?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Whit View Post
    Like Gay still means happy? I agree with Mundame and see the way Gay is used as just wrong. It is a word meaning happy. It should not be used as a substitute for homosexual. They deceive themselves if they think they are happy.

it seem to this observer that currently Jihad still means go make war. I believe you are accurate though but are you a Muslim? What would it mean to them?
    I'm just thinking about how a BILLION people cannot all be the same. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that to some Muslims, jihad equals struggle.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I was talking about Europe. Europeans have pretty much stopped being Catholic. It's a lot further along there than here.

If the Catholic Church does not speak for the Catholic flock, you've got a serious situation.....

And probably that is true, that the believers and the hierarchy are going in different directions. Birth control and remarriage after divorce, both essentially universal among American Catholics but deplored by the hierarchy, is a strong sign of how bad it's gotten.

In the Middle Ages people who didn't follow the rules of the church in this way would have been charged, tried, and probably hanged or burned alive. And often were. Nowadays Catholics pretty much do what they want and the Church has lost its authority.

The priests teach bad things no one wants to do and then so many of them sexually abuse boys --- darn. I would question having much to do with a church like that. I am interested in your saying that the catholic believers are setting out on their own, in a way.

In Europe, they've all just sort of left the church and stay home and are atheists, basically. Non-believers, anyway, so I read.
    The Catholic Church also wants us to go to confession, while other places say to confess to no "man". While the Church can be the leader of those in charge, all the way down to the priests - they don't necessarily speak for all of us. They can probably do best at translating Biblical passages, and the history of Catholicism. I look at them as a guide that works its way down to our Churches, but that doesn't mean they speak for individuals.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    What about the rampant murder of 'infidels' by Muslims over a long period of time? Want to talk about that, jackass?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nothing "gay" about priests molesting student priests. That's sordid and immoral.

Nothing "gay" about most homosexual behavior, especially when they abuse children, priests, and pass around serious sexually transmitted diseases.

I wonder if the Catholic Church will finally collapse due to all this rampant immorality of its priests.

It has often happened before and it never collapsed then --- but now secular humanism has pretty much taken over completely in Europe: Voltaire 1, God 0. The churches are empty and few even marry anymore, which is relevant because marriage is a Catholic sacrament.

It's been worse, such as when there were two and three popes at a time for so long and one set lived in Avignon. The time of heresies and the Inquisition fighting them, which the Church has never really recovered from, it was so hated, and then the Reformation, which the Church lost.

I think it's a bad combo, however, the supremacy of Science and atheism in the cultures of Europe and the U.S. at least, along with the VERY bad behavior of so many, many priests and in fact the whole organization set up to protect priests that victimize children. How can one believe in such a group? It seems very nasty to me.

But it wouldn't surprise me if they weather this and just go on --- they got through Henry VIII, after all. And he knocked down all the monestaries and broke stained glass in the churches, etc.
    There is nothing gay about homosexual behavior period, but it doesnt change the fact that the homosexual movement has coopted the word for their own use. Nor does it change the fact that sexual activity with a member of the same sex is homosexual and immoral.

The immorality of the priests is disgusting. I sincerely hope they repent. They will be held to higher standards than others.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard