Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Whit View Post
    Not worth your trouble to look up your own post. I believe you misspelled a word but let's not make a big deal of it. I won't. Me involved on a public forum? Perish the thought. I forgot this is an exclusive topic. You typed in conform but I believe all it was is a misspelling.
    I did look through my own posts, not finding what you said. Could be the mind not doing well at self-editing, but considering your own mastery of English language, I'll figure you are dissembling, not me.

Yup, I am guilty as charged of saying saints. I had the idea some people allege that your church worships saints. I will ask a catholic who knows to try to explain it to me then. I heard of the worship of idols by your church is what I mean. Again, if wrong, some catholic that is willing can explain it to me.
    No worship of saints or idols. Intercession regarding saints, look that up. Idols? None, that is pure Protestant hatred.

I agree that the fighting is wrong. I don't know that this thing you said about protestants is true. I am sure some of that exists, but don't know just to what extent.

Frankly it is not the habit of the members of my church to do any of that.

Mom used to comment to me but seldom on the Catholics and idols and saints thing.
    Ok.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I don't really understand your point here, other than to be involved. I am not finding the 'conform' issue you lead off with, but perhaps you can link up?

I didn't mention saints, that is you.

As for idols, I know what I meant, not sure you are speaking of the same.

Personally, I think all fighting between religions is wrong, but there are times that one stands up for one's own. I'm not 'fighting' with anyone, just said that I find those that preach hatred in greatest numbers, at least in the US, to be Protestants.
    I have been to various Protestant churches, some feel Catholics are not saved, others don't, but none of them "preached hatred". Any church that does that is so far off the path, it's not funny.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I have been to various Protestant churches, some feel Catholics are not saved, others don't, but none of them "preached hatred". Any church that does that is so far off the path, it's not funny.
    Agree with your conclusion. I'd also say that those preaching that 'Catholics are not saved' are assuming the mind of God. Enough said, that is heretical by definition.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Agree with your conclusion. I'd also say that those preaching that 'Catholics are not saved' are assuming the mind of God. Enough said, that is heretical by definition.
    No they are reading the Bible. Not trying devine the mind of God. sheesh.
    i don't mind disagreeing but i'd appreciate it if you wouldn't misrepresent various protestant views kath. I'll try do you the same favor.
    Last edited by revelarts; 02-25-2013 at 08:15 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    No they are reading the Bible. Not trying devine the mind of God. sheesh.
    i don't mind disagreeing but i'd appreciate it if you wouldn't misrepresent various protestant views kath. I'll try do you the same favor.
    I always find you respectful, always find the gist of your posts, (the long ones I tend to skim through), worth paying attention to. We fundamentally disagree with religion. I accept that and still respect you. My religion would never condemn one so obviously concerned for others to hell, as if it could! I don't for one nanosecond think you want anything than the best for anyone, by that definition you are not hateful, though what you've been inculcated with maybe. See, my religion says that God knows your heart.

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post

I have savored the flavor of a number of churches but the only time I was a bit upset is one non denominational christian church tried to claim my church is a cult. I let it slide.

I even liked the guy that taught the Bible. Felt he was very good.

I ask her a question over her post. I get snapped at. Told my writing sucks in her own words.

This is what SHE said.

Kathianne says:Nah, I've been observing Protestant posters doing the 'apostasy' calls, countless threads on 'evil' priests and stupid, condoning Catholics. As I said, 'actions, not words.' Their eye, their logs. I just find them hateful, that's all. I don't think they'll change, just glad I know enough non-hateful to not condemn all. I actually am amused to some degree, that they feel they represent the best of Christ.
    She said she could not find condoning. There it is for her own use. Was she calling Catholics stupid?

I did not assume she called them stupid. I was thinking she missed a beat and was still beating down protestants.

You are welcome Kathianne for my work to find your post.

Attention posters.

Not all of us are as "ahem" eloquent as Kathianne is. Some of us did well to finish school. I graduated. But I admit that English writing and grammar were not my favorite subjects. Science and math was.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

You had said conform and I suspected you meant to say condemned. Visit your other comment.

Now that you bring up the worship of idols and saints and such. I understand what you are talking about. I can't see that matters at all to God if it be true.

Though I am a non practicing LDS, it seems to me that this fighting your church or others is not productive.
    I ask her a question over her post. I get snapped at. Told my writing sucks in her own words.

This is what SHE said.

She said she could not find condoning. There it is for her own use. Was she calling Catholics stupid?

I did not assume she called them stupid. I was thinking she missed a beat and was still beating down protestants.

Attention posters.

Not all of us are as "ahem" eloquent as Kathianne is. Some of us did well to finish school. I graduated. But I admit that English writing and grammar were not my favorite subjects. Science and math was.
    No, I couldn't find 'conforming,' your word.

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No, I couldn't find 'conforming,' your word.
    Fine. I messed up and meant to say condone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

This is what SHE said.

Attention posters.

The word you had me looking for was 'conforming', your post #27.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I always find you respectful, always find the gist of your posts, (the long ones I tend to skim through), worth paying attention to. We fundamentally disagree with religion. I accept that and still respect you. My religion would never condemn one so obviously concerned for others to hell, as if it could! I don't for one nanosecond think you want anything than the best for anyone, by that definition you are not hateful, though what you've been inculcated with maybe. See, my religion says that God knows your heart.
    thanks Kath , I appreciate it. most of it anwho

However i think you might misunderstand protestants almost as much as you think they misunderstand Catholics.

I've been inclucated with the idea that those that believe in Jesus will be saved. Jesus said it. protestants understand this to be foundational and without exception. It's not divining the mind of God , God in the flesh said it. We simple old protestants believe it. Even in the face of modern "education".
    I've gone to a lot of different Protestant Churches and heard a lot of preaching and lectures. and I've never heard anyone say that All Catholics are automatically bound for hell. Maybe some idiot church member, but not any of the hardest of the hard core protestants teachers I've heard. What they have said is this. 'That Yes , I'm sure their will be Catholics in heaven . many wonderful Catholics believe in Jesus with all their hearts. After the early church in the M.E. the roman church was the only church. Then they add, BUT the Roman Catholic system that rose up into middle ages however became corrupt when it come to it's teachings most importantly on salvation.'
    It may not sound much better to you but it's not saying what you said, that "protestants thinks all Catholics are going to hell." that BS Kath. I'm truly sorry you ran into goofballs that gave you that impression but it's not true. Frankly you might not be surprised to hear that many pastors questions whether people in there own Churches really believe in Jesus Christ and often beg them to make sure of their faith. They don't claim to know but they do wonder? so don't feel to presecuted.

If you know your Church history and the reformation you know the split was mainly over Works vs Grace.
    the protestants believe that the Bible teaches that all you need is to trust in the Grace of God PLUS NOTHING to get into heaven. Where as the Roman Catholics IN THE PAST AT LEAST and some now tended to teach that it was trust in the Grace of God plus the sacraments, baptism in THE church and GOOD WORKS.

Many protestants understand from their reading of scripture that those and other additions can possibly block the grace of God. So it's best not to encourage people in a path where the grace of God is obsurcured and may be missed. As people look to their own works, the sacraments etc instead of Jesus alone. Of Course some Roman Catholic scholars disagree.

But protestants also believe that only God knows the heart but the same book that TELLS US ALL THAT ALSO says that people must believe in Jesus to be saved and those that do not will be damned. Jesus said it not me or some mean ol hating protestants. I always thought that most Catholics believed that too.

You seem to think i and other protestants hate people because i occasionally repeat those words of Jesus, hopefully in the same spirit as he.
    But i ask you , you say it's wrongs and hateful and heretical and uneducated .
    ok fine that's your opinion.
    I simply read that Jesus said 'Go and preach warning people of the wraith to come.'
    Please help me understand why should i believe you and your outrage instead of Jesus commands?

I think we'll just have to disagree and hopefully laugh it off in heaven.
    Last edited by revelarts; 02-25-2013 at 09:56 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

thanks Kath , I appreciate it. most of it anwho

However i think you might misunderstand protestants almost as much as you think they misunderstand Catholics.

I've been inclucated with the idea that those that believe in Jesus will be saved. Jesus said it. protestants understand this to be foundational and without exception. It's not divining the mind of God , God in the flesh said it. We simple old protestants believe it. Even in the face of modern "education".
    I've gone to a lot of different Protestant Churches and heard a lot of preaching and lectures. and I've never heard anyone say that All Catholics are automatically bound for hell. Maybe some idiot church member, but not any of the hardest of the hard core protestants teachers I've heard. What they have said is this. 'That Yes , I'm sure their will be Catholics in heaven . many wonderful Catholics believe in Jesus with all their hearts. After the early church in the M.E. the roman church was the only church. Then they add, BUT the Roman Catholic system that rose up into middle ages however became corrupt when it come to it's teachings most importantly on salvation.'
    It may not sound much better to you but it's not saying what you said, that "protestants thinks all Catholics are going to hell." that BS Kath.
    I'm truly sorry you ran into goofballs that gave you that impression but it's not true. Frankly you might not be surprised to hear that many pastors questions whether people in there own Churches really believe in Jesus Christ and often beg them to make sure of their faith. They don't claim to know but they do wonder? so don't feel to presecuted.

If you know your Church history and the reformation you know the split was mainly over Works vs Grace.
    the protestants believe that the Bible teaches that all you need is to trust in the Grace of God PLUS NOTHING to get into heaven. Where as the Roman Catholics IN THE PAST AT LEAST and some now tended to teach that it was trust in the Grace of God plus the sacraments, baptism in THE church and GOOD WORKS.

Many protestants understand from their reading of scripture that those and other additions can possibly block the grace of God. So it's best not to encourage people in a path where the grace of God is obsurcured and may be missed. As people look to their own works, the sacraments etc instead of Jesus alone. Of Course some Roman Catholic scholars disagree.

But protestants also believe that only God knows the heart but the same book that TELLS US ALL THAT ALSO says that people must believe in Jesus to be saved and those that do not will be damned. Jesus said it not me or some mean ol hating protestants. I always thought that most Catholics believed that too.

You seem to think i and other protestants hate people because i occasionally repeat those words of Jesus, hopefully in the same spirit as he.
    But i ask you , you say it's wrongs and hateful and heretical and uneducated .
    ok fine that's your opinion.
    I simply read that Jesus said 'Go and preach warning people of the wraith to come.'
    Please help me understand why should i believe you and your outrage instead of Jesus commands?

I think we'll just have to disagree and hopefully laugh it off in heaven.
    I read seriously, until the end of bolded. I never made such a claim.

As for the Reformation and the fallout, yes, I'm a bit aware of it. Reading with less seriousness, after the false claim towards my posts of 'all Protestants', I'll repeat what I said earlier, 'You are attempting to fulfill your mission as you see it, that that mission is premised on something that is perhaps wrong, is yours to divine, not mine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I read seriously, until the end of bolded. I never made such a claim.

As for the Reformation and the fallout, yes, I'm a bit aware of it. Reading with less seriousness, after the false claim towards my posts of 'all Protestants', I'll repeat what I said earlier, 'You are attempting to fulfill your mission as you see it, that that mission is premised on something that is perhaps wrong, is yours to divine, not mine.
    Ok well I got that impression after your post.
    i won't quote but post #1, 13,17,19,23,26, and 33.
    kinda left me with the impression that you thought that the protestant churches -in general- inculcated people with the idea that all Catholics go to Hell if they are not part of the right protestant sect and they worships idols other things. At the least you certainly don't seem to like what they teach. heretical is what i think you said.

but Ok, God bless ya real good Kathianne goodnight
    Last edited by revelarts; 02-25-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Ok well I got that impression after your post.
    i won't quote but post #1, 13,17,19,23,26, and 33.
    kinda left me with the impression that you thought that the protestant churches -in general- inculcated people with the idea that all Catholics go to Hell if they are not part of the right protestant sect and they worships idols other things. At the least you certainly don't seem to like what they teach. heretical is what i think you said.

but Ok, God bless ya real good Kathianne goodnight
    What I was posting, in all of those was the hate from Protestants, exhibited here and elsewhere on forums. Not all Protestants, certainly, some avoid the religious every bit as I usually do. However, there comes a point where one cannot remain silent, if one is honest. Hit that today, thanks to those that joined in on a Gabby thread, no concern that they were parroting hatred. They didn't necessarily see it that way, it's what they'd been taught.

I wish you a good night also, Rev.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All I have said is that I don't hate Catholics and don't believe I have talked that way ever.

I have no idea who has talked down Catholics. Maybe she means Mundame. I dunno. Mundame has trashed my church and more than one time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

All I have said is that I don't hate Catholics and don't believe I have talked that way ever.

I have no idea who has talked down Catholics. Maybe she means Mundame. I dunno. Mundame has trashed my church and more than one time.
    Robbie, it's not about you, never was. I've nothing against Mormons. Actually nothing against Protestants, Wiccans, Muslims, atheists, etc.

Had nothing to do with Mundame or anyone/anything other than what I made clear. That you failed to understand English? I'm sorry.