First of all the cat is 13 years old and weighs about 14 pounds. I say that he's part tree because he keeps growing. He's always had dry food, we don't feed our pets any canned food whatsoever. I've always bought what was on sale and never had a problem.

This started about two weeks ago in my daughter's bedroom. I was out of town and my wife had to pick it up, which just made the situation that much worse. She thought was diarrhea because it was brown and thick.

A couple days later when I was home she found more in our daughter's closet and I cleaned that up, but it had stained the carpet.

Then last week he's in our room during the night and wakes her up with his puking on the floor next to her. The cat must have a death wish to a), puke in our bedroom, b) next to my wife and c) wake her up doing it. It was the same brown so I now know the earlier stuff was puke, not shit. I cleaned that up in the morning, another carpet stain but now I at least have a clue what's going on.

We had recently changed his food to Purina. I don't recall having that brand before. I had a big bag that I figured had gone bad so I threw that away, cleaned his bowls and eating area and opened up a second smaller bag, again Purina, but that seemed to be fresh. My wife is thinking that he's having trouble digesting food. Because he's old. Maybe, but his behavior hasn't changed so I don't think old age has much to do with it.

The night before last early evening she again finds more in our bedroom. It's fresh so I cleaned that up easily. The Hoover carpet cleaner is really getting a work-out. I threw out the remaining Purina, again cleaned his bowls and went to the supermarket and picked up a bag of a brand that we hadn't tried before. It says it's made with all chicken and no cereal, so should be easier to digest Like he needs the calories the fat bastard.

We locked him out of our bedroom last night and he spent most of the night trying to open our door. I didn't hear him but my wife say he kept her awake. She opened the door this morning and sees some spots on the hall outside our room and claims that's more puke. It had no thickness to it at all and a different pattern. I thought it was there from before, looks like it was some water spots from one of the kids dragging something out of the bathroom. I cleaned it up and she still insists that its puke. Whatever.

Wife now wants me to take the cat to the vet. No way because he hates riding in cars and whenever we take him he pukes, shits, and pisses himself in the 10 minute ride over there. This is stressful for him plus makes any diagnosis nearly impossible. I long ago stopped taking him to the vet except for a rabies shot. I'm friends with the vet and he told me he had no problem with that. Any booster shots of whatever, because he's had so many over the years he doesn't need any more.

Wife's posturing that maybe its a benign growth putting pressure on his stomach. I say whatever, if that's it we're not doing surgery on him anyway. People spend way too much on the last days of their own lives and now they do the same for pets and it's dumb. When I get old I'm not torturing myself that way and neither is she, so we ain't going to do the cat that way. Hopspice, baby. She agrees, no vet.

This could be his end but I don't think so. I'm thinking its the Purina so hopefully he won't have a problem with this new food.