Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Right bitch, your not a vet. At least you got that right.

With regards to my bank account, its a lot fatter than the cat. But if you had read the OP you'd have found out that money was never the issue. And I know what the outcome will be anyway, a), change his diet or b) somethings wrong with him that requires surgery, which is dumb for old people never mind old cats.

Even your lord and savior, The Obama, knows that surgery on old folks is dumb.

then why did you ask for opinion?

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Syrenn View Post
    So he could call you or some other woman a bitch is why he did it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I expect an educated one, or at east one that takes the OP into account.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Whit View Post
    So he could call you or some other woman a bitch is why he did it.
    Robert as usual you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Yet you say it anyway.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

jim wants a cat....give the cat to jim.....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I expect an educated one, or at east one that takes the OP into account.
    An "educated" opinion would come from a vet. You yourself say you will not take your cat to the vet...... what is left is our opinions.

I did take the op into account. I am not a vet and based on your account..... in my opinion is you should take the cat to the vet.

You want speculation? He has cancer based on your description of what is coming out of him.... could i be wrong, sure. If i am right, you don't plan on doing anything anyway. He could have an obstruction...could i be wrong, sure. If i am right you don't plan on doing anything anyway.

so again, why did you bother asking?

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Robert as usual you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Yet you say it anyway.
    I am not the person posting that women are bitches. Don't try to put the blame on me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

First of all the cat is 13 years old and weighs about 14 pounds. I say that he's part tree because he keeps growing. He's always had dry food, we don't feed our pets any canned food whatsoever. I've always bought what was on sale and never had a problem.

This started about two weeks ago in my daughter's bedroom. I was out of town and my wife had to pick it up, which just made the situation that much worse. She thought was diarrhea because it was brown and thick.

A couple days later when I was home she found more in our daughter's closet and I cleaned that up, but it had stained the carpet.

Then last week he's in our room during the night and wakes her up with his puking on the floor next to her. The cat must have a death wish to a), puke in our bedroom, b) next to my wife and c) wake her up doing it. It was the same brown so I now know the earlier stuff was puke, not shit. I cleaned that up in the morning, another carpet stain but now I at least have a clue what's going on.

We had recently changed his food to Purina. I don't recall having that brand before. I had a big bag that I figured had gone bad so I threw that away, cleaned his bowls and eating area and opened up a second smaller bag, again Purina, but that seemed to be fresh. My wife is thinking that he's having trouble digesting food. Because he's old. Maybe, but his behavior hasn't changed so I don't think old age has much to do with it.

The night before last early evening she again finds more in our bedroom. It's fresh so I cleaned that up easily. The Hoover carpet cleaner is really getting a work-out. I threw out the remaining Purina, again cleaned his bowls and went to the supermarket and picked up a bag of a brand that we hadn't tried before. It says it's made with all chicken and no cereal, so should be easier to digest Like he needs the calories the fat bastard.

We locked him out of our bedroom last night and he spent most of the night trying to open our door. I didn't hear him but my wife say he kept her awake. She opened the door this morning and sees some spots on the hall outside our room and claims that's more puke. It had no thickness to it at all and a different pattern. I thought it was there from before, looks like it was some water spots from one of the kids dragging something out of the bathroom. I cleaned it up and she still insists that its puke. Whatever.

Wife now wants me to take the cat to the vet. No way because he hates riding in cars and whenever we take him he pukes, shits, and pisses himself in the 10 minute ride over there. This is stressful for him plus makes any diagnosis nearly impossible. I long ago stopped taking him to the vet except for a rabies shot. I'm friends with the vet and he told me he had no problem with that. Any booster shots of whatever, because he's had so many over the years he doesn't need any more.

Wife's posturing that maybe its a benign growth putting pressure on his stomach. I say whatever, if that's it we're not doing surgery on him anyway. People spend way too much on the last days of their own lives and now they do the same for pets and it's dumb. When I get old I'm not torturing myself that way and neither is she, so we ain't going to do the cat that way. Hopspice, baby. She agrees, no vet.

This could be his end but I don't think so. I'm thinking its the Purina so hopefully he won't have a problem with this new food.
    I have three cats myself, and two of them are older cats. I've been using Iams brand, specifically the senior formula, and that works quite well.
    the lingering effects of the dietary changes may be causing him stress, especially if his diets been really consistent up to now.

its the equivalent of eating a basic chicken and rice platter your whole life, then having authentic Indian food.
    if your friends a vet you could also ask if he could make a house call.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I was only offering suggestions. I am not a vet.
    If you care more about your bank balance than your cat, do nothing.
    Gabby... do YOU own or have you ever owned a CAT? If not, SHUT UP and listen.

we have 4 cats.....

It's Hairballs... the hair becomes partially digested and mixed with food giving it that wonderful color.

trust me... a good indoor food and some Enzymatic cleaner for the carpets

you

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

How about today, how's he doing?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voted4Reagan View Post
    Gabby... do YOU own or have you ever owned a CAT? If not, SHUT UP and listen.

we have 4 cats.....

It's Hairballs... the hair becomes partially digested and mixed with food giving it that wonderful color.

trust me... a good indoor food and some Enzymatic cleaner for the carpets

you

At the moment i have 9 ranging in age from 5 months to 10 years. My oldest was 18 and the most expensive in medical was a bit over 20k...and he still died. I also foster kittens.... I am the heavy medical needs foster.

my advice is still...... it needs a veterinary opinion.

Other then that, why bother asking if you don't plan on taking it in to see a vet? If the cat freaks out in a car.... get drugs and trank it before you take it in.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At the moment i have 9 ranging in age from 5 months to 10 years. My oldest was 18 and the most expensive in medical was a bit over 20k...and he still died. I also foster kittens.... I am the heavy medical needs foster.

my advice is still...... it needs a veterinary opinion.

Other then that, why bother asking if you don't plan on taking it in to see a vet? If the cat freaks out in a car.... get drugs and trank it before you take it in.
    Around 1980, my sister said her cat was very sick and she was too poor to get help from a vet. Sadly she asked me to help it.

I gave it the pill from my .357 magnum Ruger. Took care of the cats problem.

BTW, I got no joy from this. I was as sad as she was.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Whit View Post
    Around 1980, my sister said her cat was very sick and she was too poor to get help from a vet. Sadly she asked me to help it.

I gave it the pill from my .357 magnum Ruger. Took care of the cats problem.

BTW, I got no joy from this. I was as sad as she was.
    The cat should have been given away to someone who could have cared for it. I hope no one shoots you because of finances, Roberto Duran!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    The cat should have been given away to someone who could have cared for it. I hope no one shoots you because of finances, Roberto Duran!
    As if somebody wanted or needed such a cat. It was in terrible condition. Cats don't live forever little Jimmy Brown.

Last edited by Robert A Whit; 02-28-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Why you old crusty crustacean! Be kind to animals from now on!