Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Silver Linings Playbook

So who has seen it? I'm halfway through it and will watch the rest tonight. I'm already a huge Jennifer Lawrence fan and am happy that she just won an Oscar for this film. I've also seen her in Hunger Games, House at the End of the Street, X-Men & Winter's Bone. The movie also stars Bradley Cooper, who I also love as an actor. The 2 of them are bipolar nutcases, so I can relate to them! Awesome thus far, but I still have the 2nd half to go through.

(also has Robert Deniro as Cooper's Dad, and Chris Tucker as another nutter from the hospital)

Against medical advice and without the knowledge of her husband Pat Solatano Sr., caring Dolores Solatano discharges her adult son, Pat Solatano Jr., from a Maryland mental health institution after his minimum eight month court ordered stint. The condition of the release includes Pat Jr. moving back in with his parents in their Philadelphia home. Although Pat Jr.'s institutionalization was due to him beating up the lover of his wife Nikki, he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Nikki has since left him and has received a restraining order against him. Although he is on medication (which he doesn't take because of the way it makes him feel) and has mandatory therapy sessions, Pat Jr. feels like he can manage on the outside solely by healthy living and looking for the "silver linings" in his life. His goals are to get his old job back as a substitute teacher, but more importantly reunite with Nikki. He finds there are certain instances where he doesn't cope well, however no less so
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1045658/?ref_=sr_1
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I saw it last week. First time I saw Jennifer Lawrence was Hunger Games, then Winter's Bone. Have also watched her on several talk shows and she is intelligent, witty .... anyone who can keep up with Chelsea Handler and fall down at the Oscars with grace warrants attention!!

She's a winner for sure.

The movie was hard to watch at times because it depicts bipolar accurately and yet has a good story to it.

You should also watch Side Effects.....with Jude Law, Channing Tatum, Catherine Zeta Jones and Rooney Mara. Good movie about the side effects of prescription meds for mental illness.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I saw it last week. First time I saw Jennifer Lawrence was Hunger Games, then Winter's Bone. Have also watched her on several talk shows and she is intelligent, witty .... anyone who can keep up with Chelsea Handler and fall down at the Oscars with grace warrants attention!!

She's a winner for sure.

The movie was hard to watch at times because it depicts bipolar accurately and yet has a good story to it.

You should also watch Side Effects.....with Jude Law, Channing Tatum, Catherine Zeta Jones and Rooney Mara. Good movie about the side effects of prescription meds for mental illness.
    Watched the end last night, very good movie! They were both VERY believable as having bipolar or mild mental issues, and worked around it. Was funny at times, sad, and for me it was very realistic and hit home. Even those without being a nutter would love this flick!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have not gone to a movie in soooooooooooooooooooo long.

At the moment, I can't recall the last Movie I paid for at a theater. I had the habit of buying DVD's so I could watch them at will.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I love going to the movie theater and seeing the movie on the big screen....feels like a special treat. Watching movie at home to me is no different than watching television.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I love going to the movie theater and seeing the movie on the big screen....feels like a special treat. Watching movie at home to me is no different than watching television.
    LMAO

I watch them on TV. But I agree with you. The big screen and big sound beats it all day long.