Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Default From FEMA training - the essence of the Second Amendment

Online FEMA training presents to ME one of, if not the BEST argument for a very well-armed society.

The very nature of terrorist attacks underscores the importance of preventing such attacks from occurring. First, they typically occur with little or no warning. Second, they often involve multiple geographic areas. And finally, if multiple near-simultaneous terrorist attacks occur, they can be expected to exceed the capabilities of any one entity.

Preventing a terrorist attack requires a unified effort in a time-constrained environment. Therefore, to be prepared to prevent terrorism, the whole community must preemptively build and maintain the needed capabilities prior to a threat, and be ready to put them in action in a coordinated fashion once a threat is identified.
    emphasis mine
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

A good reminder that with change there are usually unintended consequences. Not that the anti-gun folks will care.
    Last edited by Abbey Marie; 03-01-2013 at 05:00 PM. Reason: typo
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Imagine being unarmed in Nawlins just after Katrina in 2005.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    Imagine being unarmed in Nawlins just after Katrina in 2005.
    I have not been unarmed since I was a kid. Not going to be either. They can all kiss a good man's azz.-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Paranoia. It's a mental illness.
    اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    So is denial.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    So is denial.

You Can't fool me...

That's a river in Egypt...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

You don't want America citizens to be armed as they would choose to be. You want them to be subject to limitations. Yet, on another thread, you indicated - from a suggestion you made concerning Hamas's current armaments - that America should supply Hamas terrorists with much-upgraded weaponry.

Explain to me why you think that terrorists should be free to acquire state-of-the-art weaponry, to kill en masse and to INTEND to kill en masse, whilst ordinary, law-abiding Americans, simply wanting to defend themselves as is their RIGHT, must have THEIR weaponry-options limited.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So is denial.
    Excepting the "phew! caught them just in time" FBI stings, how many actual terrorist attacks have there been in the US since 9/11?
    اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Excepting the "phew! caught them just in time" FBI stings, how many actual terrorist attacks have there been in the US since 9/11?
    To what extent, since 9/11, have stringent gun controls been introduced ?
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

How many does there have to be? Better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have one...

But, to your question...

Nidal Malik Hasan.

Mohammed Reza Taheri-azar.

John Allen Muhammad.

Michael Julius Ford.

Naveed Afzal Haq.

Sulejman Talović.

There are just a few, and you should see the list of so called "honor killings," what a fucking joke that term is...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I believe you have been told that over and over about Israel as well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

FEMA's terrorist premise is off but the Principal of an armed and ready citizenry is an universally applicable and sound concept. One that was promoted by the founders of the country. and one that's still employed in countries like Israel and Switzerland where every man and women of age is armed with military style weapons for the defense of the country from any external or internal attacks. When's the last time the Swiss have been attacked Jafar? A good defense is a deterrent and wise precaution regardless.
    Last edited by revelarts; 03-03-2013 at 05:08 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default I ama with you all the way

FEMA's terrorist premise is off but the Principal of an armed and ready citizenry is an universally applicable and sound concept. One that was promoted by the founders of the country. and one that's still employed in countries like Israel and Switzerland where every man and women of age is armed with military style weapons for the defense of the country from any external or internal attacks. When's the last time the Swiss have been attacked Jafar? A good defense is a deterrent and wise precaution regardless.
    I am fully in agreement with your remarks. Where Jafar comes from, they don't enjoy our constitution. We have the right to defend ourselves. There are still too many criminals despite this country jailing the most citizens of all countries. Must be a problem with those crooks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Opening Post
    The very nature of terrorist attacks underscores the importance of preventing such attacks from occurring. First, they typically occur with little or no warning. Second, they often involve multiple geographic areas. And finally, if multiple near-simultaneous terrorist attacks occur, they can be expected to exceed the capabilities of any one entity.

Preventing a terrorist attack requires a unified effort in a time-constrained environment. Therefore, to be prepared to prevent terrorism, the whole community must preemptively build and maintain the needed capabilities prior to a threat, and be ready to put them in action in a coordinated fashion once a threat is identified.
    Interesting conclusion, especially the part you bolded above.

What's even more interesting, is that the people who wrote and ratified the Constitution and its Bill of Rights, said almost exactly the same thing. And that was more than two hundred years ago.

They said: "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Nice to see the FEMA folks, after racking their brains for months or years, came to exactly the same conclusion.
    Last edited by Little-Acorn; 03-03-2013 at 07:52 PM.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com