Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default A portrait of a Muslim womans life, written by a Muslim woman.

A portrait of a Muslim womans life, written by a Muslim woman.

'these are a few of the things she wrote. the inked page is considerably longer.'

http://www.investigateislam.com/my_l...slim_women.htm

I am a Moslem woman. I have no face. I have no identity. At age 9, based on lunar year (a lunar year is twelve months of 28 days each or 336 days) or, when I am actually 8 years and 8 months old, I am considered an adult. Being an adult means that I have to adhere with Islamic laws as stated below.

I have to pray five times a day, fast one month out of the year and cover myself from head to toe in yards of black fabric. I am eligible to be married and can be punished for any wrong doing. I can be incarcerated and, if needed, executed for my crimes, even political ones.
    "Men are the managers of the affairs of women because Allah has preferred men over women and women were expended of their Rights". The Koran 4:34
    I am not allowed to swim, ski, ride a bike, dance, learn to play musical instruments, practice gymnastics, or any other sport. I am not even permitted to watch men play sports, either in the stadium and/or on television.
    I am to be treated by female doctors. Go to female dentists. And if there are none, then I have to go without or I must be examined through some sort of divider.
    I cannot get custody of my children. Even if their father dies. In the case of divorce or death I have to surrender my children to their father and/or his family.
    I will get arrested, beaten, and sometimes even executed if I wear make-up, nylons, bright colors and specifically the color of red.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i treat my pets better then that......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I call BS on this story.

So many things wrong. For instance, that she said that if she is divorced, she doesn't get custody of the children, when it is quite clear in Islamic law from the Qur'aan that the women if of sound mind, MUST have custody of the children up until the age of decision (9y/o for girls) and from there the children decide if they want to stay with their mother or father.

That is all from me. I am going off to SKI again with my WIFE and DAUGHTERS. (another BS part of this ridiculous story)
    Last edited by jafar00; 03-13-2013 at 10:28 AM.
    اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    I call BS on this story.

So many things wrong. For instance, that she said that if she is divorced, she doesn't get custody of the children, when it is quite clear in Islamic law from the Qur'aan that the women if of sound mind, MUST have custody of the children up until the age of decision (9y/o for girls) and from there the children decide if they want to stay with their mother or father.

That is all from me. I am going off to SKI again with my WIFE and DAUGHTERS. (another BS part of this ridiculous story)
    typical. Anything that goes contrary to what YOU say is Islam, is simply wrong or BS, even when it comes from another Muslim... who, in your opinion, isn't 'really' a Muslim and doesn't 'really' follow Islam.

Dumb ass.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Originally Posted by jafar00
    I call BS on this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    typical. Anything that goes contrary to what YOU say is Islam, is simply wrong or BS, even when it comes from another Muslim... who, in your opinion, isn't 'really' a Muslim and doesn't 'really' follow Islam.

Dumb ass.
    It's possible you both could be right. That means that the example you cite could be true AND the particular segment of Islam Jafar has known is totally different. There are over a BILLION Muslims. The issue isn't true or not true, but a representative sample.
    Last edited by tailfins; 03-13-2013 at 10:58 AM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

No. Jafar, I believe, is NOT right.

This, extracted from his post, says ..

when it is quite clear in Islamic law from the Qur'aan that the women if of sound mind, MUST have custody of the children up until the age of decision (9y/o for girls)

See this ...

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/153390

The mother has more right to her children – if they are below the age of discernment – that her husband, so long as she does not get married. If she gets married then the children go back to their father.

Once the children reach the age of discernment, they should be given the choice between their parents.

This applies if the father and mother are equal in terms of religious commitment and good character. If one of them is of bad character and not very religiously committed, he or she should not be given the right of custody, because what counts is what is in the best interests of the child, and his interests cannot be served with one who will neglect the child’s rights. This is what is indicated by the hadeeths and this is what was mentioned in fatwas by the most prominent scholars.
    Not quite the same as Jafar's assertion .. is it ??

If the mother doesn't get married .. if the mother is 'of good character' .. if she is 'religiously committed' .. then she should be favoured. So there's rather more than just the one condition to meet, which Jafar asserts is true.

My thinking is that the woman quoted in Marcus's example was being entirely truthful. Since she'd gone on record to speak out against Islam's tyrannical truths, so, from Islam's perspective, she'd neither be 'religiously committed', nor even thought to be 'of sound mind'. For this, both she and the child must be made to pay a price.

So ... Islamic tyranny would've kicked in, and the mother would've been denied custody .. no doubt on the basis that what was more important was the allegiance the child MUST have to Islam, rather than to be brought up by a loving and doting mother.

.. Such, I suggest, is Islam's inhumanity.
    Last edited by Drummond; 03-13-2013 at 02:14 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I call BS on this story.

Did anyone really expect jafar to finally AGREE with anyone here?

Calling BS is nothing but another tactic they use to avoid being held responsible, or being caught going against their beloved Religion of Peace(?).
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

drummond...

Jahil will now claim that the man behind that site is not really Islamic and should not be trusted.

http://www.islamqa.info/en/ref/islamqapages/5

Shaykh Muhammad Saalih al-Munajjid

His shaykhs
    He attended the study circles of the following shaykhs:
    Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abdullah ibn Baaz.
    Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen
    Shaykh ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Abd ar-Rahmaan al-Jibreen
    The one from whom he learnt the most was Shaykh ‘Abd ar-Rahmaan ibn Naasir al-Barraak.
    He learned precise Qur’aan recitation from Shaykh Sa‘eed Aal ‘Abdullah.
    Jahil will now claim none of these men are really Islamic, and should not be trusted.

r A‘waanan (Cooperate in doing good)
    2. The Muslim Home - 40 Recommendations
    3. 33 Ways of Developing Khushoo in prayer
    4. The Prophet’s Methods for Correcting People’s Mistakes
    5. 70 Matters Related to Fasting
    6. Dealing with Worries and Stress
    7. Disallowed Matters
    8. Prohibitions that are taken too lightly
    9. What you should do in the following situations
    10. Weakness of Faith
    11. Means of Steadfastness: Standing Firm in Islam
    12. I Want to Repent, But…
    13. Problems and Solutions
    14. Siraa‘ ma‘a ash-Shahawaat (Fighting Whims and Desires)
    Jahil will now claim these books are not Islamic, and should not be trusted.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This issue is close to my heart as I do have an ex wife and custody/child support issues were dealt with by Islamic laws, not western (french). My ex wife got custody of our two daughters and I am responsible for their financial support. I also agreed to support (as a charitable act) the two children she had before marrying me as their father was involved in child sexual abuse and is no longer on the scene.

It is important not to take any information about Islam from anti Islam websites set up for the purpose of spreading lies. Likewise these fake stories from "former" muslims should not be trusted.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

This issue is close to my heart as I do have an ex wife and custody/child support issues were dealt with by Islamic laws, not western (french). My ex wife got custody of our two daughters and I am responsible for their financial support. I also agreed to support (as a charitable act) the two children she had before marrying me as their father was involved in child sexual abuse and is no longer on the scene.

It is important not to take any information about Islam from anti Islam websites set up for the purpose of spreading lies. Likewise these fake stories from "former" muslims should not be trusted.
    You want people not to dismiss you because you're muslim. Why do you want to dismiss people for being a former muslim? Judge each account on it's individual merits. While I admire some characteristics of Islam, it's still a ticket for the "long black train".

Last edited by tailfins; 03-14-2013 at 07:03 AM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

drummond...

Jahil will now claim that the man behind that site is not really Islamic and should not be trusted.

http://www.islamqa.info/en/ref/islamqapages/5

Shaykh Muhammad Saalih al-Munajjid

His shaykhs
    He attended the study circles of the following shaykhs:
    Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abdullah ibn Baaz.
    Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen
    Shaykh ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Abd ar-Rahmaan al-Jibreen
    The one from whom he learnt the most was Shaykh ‘Abd ar-Rahmaan ibn Naasir al-Barraak.
    He learned precise Qur’aan recitation from Shaykh Sa‘eed Aal ‘Abdullah.

Jahil will now claim none of these men are really Islamic, and should not be trusted.

r A‘waanan (Cooperate in doing good)
    2. The Muslim Home - 40 Recommendations
    3. 33 Ways of Developing Khushoo in prayer
    4. The Prophet’s Methods for Correcting People’s Mistakes
    5. 70 Matters Related to Fasting
    6. Dealing with Worries and Stress
    7. Disallowed Matters
    8. Prohibitions that are taken too lightly
    9. What you should do in the following situations
    10. Weakness of Faith
    11. Means of Steadfastness: Standing Firm in Islam
    12. I Want to Repent, But…
    13. Problems and Solutions
    14. Siraa‘ ma‘a ash-Shahawaat (Fighting Whims and Desires)

Jahil will now claim these books are not Islamic, and should not be trusted.
    and jahil's response is...

Jahil claims that my source, from a well known and well respected Muslim, is an anti-Islamic site.

I rest my case. Jahil is delusional.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

and jahil's response is...

Jahil claims that my source, from a well known and well respected Muslim, is an anti-Islamic site.

I rest my case. Jahil is delusional.

Yes, I saw that and thought he is as damn brainwashed as they come!
    It is a bit like somebody declaring that the Pope isn't Catholic or religious...Jahil 's blindness is absolute.--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Yes, I saw that and thought he is as damn brainwashed as they come!
    It is a bit like somebody declaring that the Pope isn't Catholic or religious...Jahil 's blindness is absolute.--Tyr
    Jahil's ultimate Islamic authority is... Jahil.

I think if Mohammad came down, sat Jahil down and read him the riot act, Jahil would claim Mohammad was not really Islamic and ignore him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Men are the managers of the affairs of women because Allah has preferred men over women and women were expended of their Rights". The Koran 4:34

From 4:34

Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. (4:34)

What kind of mistranslation is your source using?

I am not allowed to swim, ski, ride a bike, dance, learn to play musical instruments, practice gymnastics, or any other sport. I am not even permitted to watch men play sports, either in the stadium and/or on television.

Pics or it didn't happen? Yes, the source is pure and unadulterated BS

No Swimming?

No Skiing?

No Bike riding?

No Dancing?

No musical instruments?

No Sport?

No watching men play sport in the stadium?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From 4:34

Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. (4:34)

What kind of mistranslation is your source using?

Pics or it didn't happen? Yes, the source is pure and unadulterated BS

No Swimming?

No Skiing?

No Bike riding?

No Dancing?

No musical instruments?

No Sport?

No watching men play sport in the stadium?

A bunch of photos, taken God knows where, of God knows what... yeah, let's all believe Jahil.