Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Default Police Brutality - cops hold down a already-restrained guy, while one beats him

Just sickening. I'd love to see this guy sue, get MILLIONS, and the offending cops go to jail.

Lojak says he was just trying to talk to his friend.
    Sources confirm a Pittsburgh Police officer then “tackled Lojak to the ground” and that’s when he sustained the facial injuries.
    “I was drinking with my friends,” Lojak said.
    When asked if he was drunk, Lojak said, “I was probably intoxicated, I don’t know how much.”

Regarding the cell phone video and the body blows, police sources describe them as a compliance technique used by police officers attempting to handcuff suspects.
    Lojak says he wasn’t combative, loud or resisting arrest.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/...ght-on-camera/

Watch the vid: Drunk was subdued, restrained, while cop continued to beat him.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Marijuana today! Marijuana tomorrow! Marijuana forever!

^^^
    The voice of pothead conservatism.
    Mama Jeffro: Jeeeeh-froooo! What's going on down there? What's that smell?
    Jeffro: Nothing ma! Me and Lorenzo are practicing our Turkish oil wrestling.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taft2012 View Post
    Marijuana today! Marijuana tomorrow! Marijuana forever!

^^^
    The voice of pothead conservatism.
    Cause it had SO much to do with pot... Stick to the damn thread. He was a little drunk and got his ass handed to him while subdued.
    "If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Just sickening. I'd love to see this guy sue, get MILLIONS, and the offending cops go to jail.

Watch the vid: Drunk was subdued, restrained, while cop continued to beat him.
    I watched the video. It was plain as day that the one cop hit the guy twice after he was completely subdued.
    That officer should be charged with assault and battery IMHO. He should be investigated and fired.
    There should be no place for that kind of behavior in police departments.
    That guy makes other cops look bad. Evidence on the video strongly supports firing that officer and charging that officer with a crime.

By the way, 4 large officers vs. one puny unarmed man.
    How damn hard could it be to properly subdue the guy ?
    Back when I worked as a bar bouncer I'd been fired for asking for help in such a case and laughed right out of the place!
    Police have a hard job and its made even harder by actions like that officer engaged in. I know of at least one verified case of a 20 year old guy getting hit in the back of the head by a cop using a nightstick simply because he was too drunk to get into the squad car as fast as the officer ordered. No fighting back, the guy was too slow because he was too drunk. That guy was my younger brother and several witnesses saw the entire thing.
    I've spent well over 30 years trying to catch that officer at the right time, right place to deliver a bit of justice but the bastard has now passed on. SOB died back in 2006.--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

With the evidence shown I have to agree the cop hitting the guy should be prosecuted but as in so many other cases I will wait until all evidence comes forward to form a complete opinion, it seemed strange that this took place at 1 am but yet the video looks like it was the middle of the afternoon , yes I know you can lighten the picture up but my videos ( from a decent phone ) at night never look that good , with that said the cop hitting him once he was already in cuffs needs to be prosecuted
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up