Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by cadet
    I hope you know I'm joking, I know all to well that most girls can't wrap their heads around the technical fields.
    And the only girl I've ever met that could understand the mechanics of the things I enjoyed studying looked like a dude.

And this is why I've sunken low enough to date a girl going for a business degree , cause it may be a dumb degree, but it does has it's ladies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I can promise you I definitely do not look like a dude. And you are absolutely right most girls can not wrap their head around the technical fields although I know a lot of guys that can't either. It's one of those things you either get it or you don't.
    I am sure that my youngest daughter, now 26, could master science and math. Her older sister graduated college with a degree in the law field. She did not like accounting since I urged her to minor in business. She never said math or science was hard for her.

But now that I admit women do very well in science and math, some can't get it.

Think of this story as if you had been present.

This was in one of my college chemistry courses.

Girl taking Chemistry

She tells the teacher she can't imagine atoms. She tells the teacher it simply is not getting into her head.

Teacher to girl

Can you visualize marbles moving around?

She says no.

He says, can you visualize golf balls moving around?

Nope, She says.

He then tries one last thing.

Can you visualize basket balls moving around?

Nope she tells him.

He gives up.

We in the class were laughing our asses off.

This teacher taught in a way we were laughing.

When describing an experiment he was about to do, he did it like a comic.

He called equipment like a Bunsen Burner a piece of junk.

'Today, we will take this piece of junk, put in some stuff and create something."

Though due to how long ago this was, i do not recall his name but he sure was a funny person.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Gee, I don't know, Cadet. I used to test top-name software for publication, and no one ever accused me of looking like a dude. And in fact, my awesome husband and I met at that job.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Gee, I don't know, Cadet. I used to test top-name software for publication, and no one ever accused me of looking like a dude. And in fact, my awesome husband and I met at that job.
    I feel behind on things you know well. I got an early start buying computers and really put in a lot of time trying on my own to learn what programming entails. I had plenty of electronics background so understand how computers work and so forth. I used to create some of my own programs. I simply got far too busy to get formally educated on things you know. I have learned a few new things from Jim. I hope to seek advice from time to time. We all can learn something by asking.

When I arrived here, I was so used to the AOL system that I had to learn new things to post here. I get so busy on ideas that at times I am not up to speed on using this forum. I need to tinker with the tools and so forth and plan to do that.

AOL sucks trying to post video links and picture links. This forum is much better. Anyway, I hope to learn more as time goes by.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Manual tester?
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Whit View Post
    I feel behind on things you know well. I got an early start buying computers and really put in a lot of time trying on my own to learn what programming entails. I had plenty of electronics background so understand how computers work and so forth. I used to create some of my own programs. I simply got far too busy to get formally educated on things you know. I have learned a few new things from Jim. I hope to seek advice from time to time. We all can learn something by asking.

When I arrived here, I was so used to the AOL system that I had to learn new things to post here. I get so busy on ideas that at times I am not up to speed on using this forum. I need to tinker with the tools and so forth and plan to do that.

AOL sucks trying to post video links and picture links. This forum is much better. Anyway, I hope to learn more as time goes by.
    I think you are doing fine, Robert. My father in law had the hardest time trying to learn even the basics on a computer. I'm talking just sending an email and using Word. We had to keep showing him how to do such things. And he was a Chemistry grad. As an aside, my mother-in-law was able to figure out how to use a genealogy program very well. She was able to get records from various sources and input them and now we have a pretty thorough record of my husband's father's family going waaay back. They were both in their early 70s. My niece is a programmer as well.

As for me knowing such things, I am no longer working in it, and I can see from my husband's career that it's a big job just keeping up with new technology/hardware. Things can easily pass you by in IT. I don't claim to be up on much of it anymore.

I just wanted Cadet to know that regular women can and do handle it, though not many actually do. Trigg is very cool.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    Manual tester?
    Not sure what you mean.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    pfff, that's just common sense.
    It's like lifting, sure as God made little green apples you'll be lifting twice what you were if a hot girl walks in.

If you insist. Maybe one day. You'll learn what common sense actually is. If you base such things on HOT GIRLS. You need to try life first.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Not sure what you mean.
    Did you just test the GUI posing as a user or did you test the service layer, business rules and data layer?
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.