Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    EVERYONE who is out of prison, should be able to buy a gun if he wants to.

Which is why we need to change our sentencing rules, so that anyone we think should not have a gun, NEVER gets out of prison before it's OK for him to buy a gun.

Except horizontally in a cheap pine box, like the guy in your picture.
    There we go, what some people don't realize when it comes to people who just got out of jail is, they served their time.

Like when applying for a job. People who've just gotten out can't find any cause they're a convicted felon. Why not? They just spent 15 years of their life paying for what they did. Their punishment is up.
    "If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

If the guy you just let out of jail, is still too dangerous to own a gun, then why did you let him out of jail?

Sounds to me like you're admitting you blew it when you gave him a sentence that expires today, instead of a sentince that expires in two more years or whatever time you consider him "no longer dangerous".
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    So, this guy, if he ever gets out of prison should be able to buy a gun because it's his 2nd amendment right?

He will never get out

Plus he killed those people in a "Gun Free Zone"

Some asshiole like you thought that was a good idea and would stop criminals from breaking the law

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    He will never get out

Plus he killed those people in a "Gun Free Zone"

Some asshiole like you thought that was a good idea and would stop criminals from breaking the law

"Gun Free Zone" hahaha
    cause criminals always follow the laws.
    You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word. ~ Gaffer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    "Gun Free Zone" hahaha
    cause criminals always follow the laws.
    It was "almost" gun-free.

None of the law-abiding citizens there, were able to fight back.

Just like the fanatical gun-haters wanted.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So, this guy, if he ever gets out of prison should be able to buy a gun because it's his 2nd amendment right?

Nope, because even were he to get out, he would not gain back his gun rights, because he had those rights, and abused them. It's pretty striaghtfoward: Punish the guilty, and not the innocent.

My question is: Why do you believe that the innocent should be punished?
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknuckles View Post
    There are arguments on both sides as to whether or not the 2nd Amendment applies to the individual.
    A good teacher would have discussed these arguments and asked the students to write an essay on their views with supporting arguments.
    Unfortunately, this teacher is not in the business of educating, rather indoctrinating.
    The 2nd Amendment is a right. There is no valid argument that it should be further limited or be nullified. End of story except for azzhats that want to teach/preach their version of taking away that right be it either all at once or by degrees.
    As a patriot I do just think I know all those pushing for gun confiscation are damn traitors be they elected government official or private citizen.
    Imagine doing the same to freedom of speech or freedom of religion and you get the depth of what I am saying. Its not ffing debatable except at what point to take a stand and draw a line in the sand!
    We have already gone past that point IMHO. -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    Nope, because even were he to get out, he would not gain back his gun rights, because he had those rights, and abused them. It's pretty striaghtfoward: Punish the guilty, and not the innocent.

My question is: Why do you believe that the innocent should be punished?
    I was just replying to RSR's graphic which seems to suggest that the 2nd amendment is the only gun license needed.

Of course convicted criminals of the calibre of that nutcase should be banned for life. As should anyone who accidentally shoots someone, accidentally discharges a firearm even if it didn't hit someone or otherwise misuses a weapon.

Gun ownership should be a privilege with conditions, not a right. Guns are very dangerous in the wrong hands.
    Last edited by jafar00; 04-12-2013 at 06:51 PM.
    اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I was just replying to RSR's graphic which seems to suggest that the 2nd amendment is the only gun license needed.

Of course convicted criminals of the calibre of that nutcase should be banned for life. As should anyone who accidentally shoots someone, accidentally discharges a firearm even if it didn't hit someone or otherwise misuses a weapon.

Gun ownership should be a privilege with conditions, not a right. Guns are very dangerous in the wrong hands.

jafar. Since you will never know the freedoms, rights and liberties we enjoy here in the USA. Nothing you have to say about us means anything. In other words. You have no purpose here.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Another reason why I choose to homeschool/free learning............

The father of a Connecticut child is furious after discovering that his son’s school is teaching students that Americans don’t have a Second Amendment right to bear arms.

“I am appalled,” said Steven Boibeaux, of Bristol. “It sounds to me like they are trying to indoctrinate our kids.”
    Boibeaux’s son is an eighth grader at Northeast Middle School.

On Monday his social studies teacher gave students a worksheet titled, ‘The Second Amendment Today.’ “The courts have consistently determined that the Second Amendment does not ensure each individual the right to bear arms,” the worksheet states. “The courts have never found a law regulating the private ownership of weapons unconstitutional.

The worksheet, published by Instructional Fair, goes on to say that the Second Amendment is not incorporated against the states.
    “This means that the rights of this amendment are not extended to the individual citizens of the states,” the worksheet reads. “So a person has no right to complain about a Second Amendment violation by state laws.”

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/school-americans-dont-have-right-to-bear-arms.html
    What grade is this? I can see some relevance to the slaughterhouse cases (still standing law btw) which ruled that the fourteenth amendment's privileges and immunities didn't extend to limit the states' police powers; the Court held that the Fourteenth Amendment's Privileges or Immunities clause affected only rights of United States citizenship and not state citizenship. The McDonald v chicago ruling circumvented overturning that decision, but it did rule that an individual had right to bear arms for personal protection, thereby ruling a municipal firearm law unconstitutional. So I'd say that gives the paperwork a false rating on politifact.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    The 2nd Amendment is a right. There is no valid argument that it should be further limited or be nullified. End of story except for azzhats that want to teach/preach their version of taking away that right be it either all at once or by degrees.
    As a patriot I do just think I know all those pushing for gun confiscation are damn traitors be they elected government official or private citizen.
    Imagine doing the same to freedom of speech or freedom of religion and you get the depth of what I am saying. Its not ffing debatable except at what point to take a stand and draw a line in the sand!
    We have already gone past that point IMHO. -Tyr
    Tyr, I don't think you understand the argument I am making. I am not arguing about the 2nd Amendment per se. I am making a point regarding how this subject should be approached in the classroom. Please read my other posts in this same thread. You can see that the Supreme Court has had to address this on several occasions and has evolved in it's opinion because of that pesky "regulated Militia" wording. Thus, the subject has been debated and as such I believe this is a great opportunity to have students analyze the arguments that have been made over time and determine where they stand on the issue and debate their points among each other in the classroom. That's good for learning, not having a preconceived opinion presented to them as fact.

Ultimately you can see that I personally agree with you. The 2nd Amendment is a right of the individual.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    What grade is this?
    It says Middle School in the article so I am thinking 7th or 8th grade.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan