Originally Posted by revelarts

But you know none of that is true.
so Drummond whines about the Independent being a liberal paper. which has ZERO to do with the fact that Afghanistan is a hot mess that no one, not even Alexander the Great, has ever been able to defeat. America and the U.K. can add it's names to the list of empires that have come fought, and left. Left SOON i hope.
Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
I call bullshit on that bolded above. Had we went in with all our might and blasted the country as we easily could have done in less than 3 months time the entire country would have been decimated and their defeat would have been a sealed fate.
So your view that NOBODY can defeat them is GROSSLY WRONG!
I could have if given command of our military issued orders that would have defeated them. Our military holds back too damn much! And always has ever since the victory in WW2. Any military historian worth his salt can safely vouch for that..
Come on we can (or once could have) defeated the Soviets and the Chinese combined but we could never defeat the bastards in A-stan!!!!!
Our country has not fought a war all out since WW2!!!!
And that politically induced mistake has cost us dearly both in treasure and more importantly lives lost...--Tyr
Author Peter Green explains in his top rated book that Alexander the Great did defeat Afghanistan.

To understand the role of the USA in Afghanistan, one needs to refer to General Tommy Franks book where he explains he did not intend to invade, but intended to have a civil war and help the Northern Alliance win using Air power or bomb and missile power supplied by his forces.

But he did not invade as he did in Iraq.

Ask Franks if he defeated Saddam and I believe he would say he did. This was with an actual invasion.

I believe TYR when he says he would have kicked some butt.