Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    More like cops PREVENTING crimes from taking place
    red you don't prevent crimes by accusing innocents of crimes.
    it's just harassment and racist.
    Sorry you seem to think being black on the street is a crime.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    red you don't prevent crimes by accusing innocents of crimes.
    it's just harassment and racist.
    Sorry you seem to think being black on the street is a crime.
    Rev, YOU pulling the race card from the bottom of the deck? I never thought you would be so desperate to have to sink to that level

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Rev, YOU pulling the race card from the bottom of the deck? I never thought you would be so desperate to have to sink to that level
    Red i post a video of 3 blacks guys apparently getting a ticketed for being black on the street
    and you say the police are preventing crime and targeting the "red light district".
    what is that?

harassing and Ticketing black guys in there own neighbor for nothing is what?
    what would you call it?
    seems your calling it good police work.

no crime, no guns, no drugs, no disturbance.
    Where is the crime?
    Except for being black?

IF police accuse innocent blacks ONLY because they are black
    That is racist.
    not Good police work
    If people assume that EVERY young black male is a criminal who needs to get ticketed for being on the street that IS Racist. And illegal.
    I'm not sure how we can can say otherwise. Is the only definition of white racist behavior a full blown Klansman?

You posted a cartoon of Muslim Setro-types that the police where watching. notice in your cartoon the police were JUST watching not ticketing or Frisking.
    But what's going on in the picture? THEY ARE MAKING A BOMB.
    The cartoon doesn't show them reading the newspapers or playing cards?
    Those things are not illegal and would show that the Police ARE targeting them WITHOUT A CAUSE.

However Police watching is one thing, but if they see over time that they have no cause it's time to move on, end of story. The profile seems to have proved false, move on. No harm no foul at that point.
    Last edited by revelarts; 05-12-2013 at 08:48 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Red i post a video of 3 blacks guys apparently getting a ticketed for being black on the street
    It's true. We issues summonses for this. In the caption where is says "Offense" we write in "Being Black on the Street."

Then when we go to court we explain to the judge that the respondent "was seen being black on the street."

The judge asks the respondent if this is true. The respondent can only say "Yes, your honor. It's true. I was black on the street."

The judge, horrified, slams his gavel and shouts "GUILTY!"

Mama Jeffro: Jeeeeh-froooo! What's going on down there? What's that smell?
    Jeffro: Nothing ma! Me and Lorenzo are practicing our Turkish oil wrestling.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

and you say the police are preventing crime and targeting the "red light district".
    what is that?

harassing and Ticketing black guys in there own neighbor for nothing is what?
    what would you call it?
    seems your calling it good police work.

no crime, no guns, no drugs, no disturbance.
    Where is the crime?
    Except for being black?

IF police accuse innocent blacks ONLY because they are black
    That is racist.
    not Good police work
    If people assume that EVERY young black male is a criminal who needs to get ticketed for being on the street that IS Racist. And illegal.
    I'm not sure how we can can say otherwise. Is the only definition of white racist behavior a full blown Klansman?

You posted a cartoon of Muslim Setro-types that the police where watching. notice in your cartoon the police were JUST watching not ticketing or Frisking.
    But what's going on in the picture? THEY ARE MAKING A BOMB.
    The cartoon doesn't show them reading the newspapers or playing cards?
    Those things are not illegal and would show that the Police ARE targeting them WITHOUT A CAUSE.

However Police watching is one thing, but if they see over time that they have no cause it's time to move on, end of story. The profile seems to have proved false, move on. No harm no foul at that point.
    Admittedly, I watched about a minute and a half...

Where is the beginning of the video? It seems to start while they have tickets in their hand already. They say they got their tickets for blocking pedestrians from walking. Have they done so before? Did they attempt to leave? Did police ask them to leave/move? It IS a legit concern to ask people to not loiter in certain areas.

The vid is 13 mins long it appears. Is it worth me watching? Do the police come back? I don't like watching one sided videos and making a determination. I made my mini determination based on the 1st minute or so and the words of the gents.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

One may want to look into the person videotaping or hosting the video. The video only starts after the fact, and this person has a long history of anti-police crap. Unless I see what happened, it's nothing more than the word of a bunch of black guys on the street corner in Harlem and someone taping that has an agenda against police.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

This is their account take it as you will. don't ask me to defend this or that,
    or answer this or that point i wasn't there.
    make your own judgements.
    Just putting it out FYI...
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Admittedly, I watched about a minute and a half...
    Where is the beginning of the video? It seems to start while they have tickets in their hand already. They say they got their tickets for blocking pedestrians from walking. Have they done so before? Did they attempt to leave? Did police ask them to leave/move? It IS a legit concern to ask people to not loiter in certain areas.
    The vid is 13 mins long it appears. Is it worth me watching? Do the police come back? I don't like watching one sided videos and making a determination. I made my mini determination based on the 1st minute or so and the words of the gents.
    One may want to look into the person videotaping or hosting the video. The video only starts after the fact, and this person has a long history of anti-police crap. Unless I see what happened, it's nothing more than the word of a bunch of black guys on the street corner in Harlem and someone taping that has an agenda against police.
    As i said don't ask me to defend all the points.
    I mentioned the highlights of the content of the video, it answers one of your questions, as far as i know there is no other vids. We can make what ever assumptions we want and believe what we want. I've got nothing more to add, like i said i wasn't there and can't vouch for the police or the camera guy or the guys on the street.

Assume what you will. Make your best judgement. Or dismiss the whole thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

As i said don't ask me to defend all the points.
    I mentioned the highlights of the content of the video, it answers one of your questions, as far as i know there is no other vids. We can make what ever assumptions we want and believe what we want. I've got nothing more to add, like i said i wasn't there and can't vouch for the police or the camera guy or the guys on the street.

I just make judgments based on facts. Had the video showed the police showing up and ticketing for no reason, I would be saying the same thing as you are. For all I know though, these guys have been asked to stop loitering 50x and now decided to make a video and put it on the 'net. All we can rely on is what they say, which I think is a bit one sided likely, wouldn't you? Really ALL we can do is assume at this point, without all of the facts.

Wouldn't you prefer to see ALL of the facts and what got to that point before determining what really happened? I think it would be dishonest of anyone here to make a determination on a one sided video.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dismissed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I just make judgments based on facts. Had the video showed the police showing up and ticketing for no reason, I would be saying the same thing as you are. For all I know though, these guys have been asked to stop loitering 50x and now decided to make a video and put it on the 'net. All we can rely on is what they say, which I think is a bit one sided likely, wouldn't you? Really ALL we can do is assume at this point, without all of the facts.

Wouldn't you prefer to see ALL of the facts and what got to that point before determining what really happened? I think it would be dishonest of anyone here to make a determination on a one sided video.
    For all we know they could be telling the truth

the last part of the video shows the police driving by again and saying "welcome to the nieghborhood Jerk."
    I guess we can assume that that's regulation police greeting in NY.
    Or that there was past history that merited that response. Or the police came down from heaven in a basket.

but how about , assuming for a moment that what they said was basically true.
    If , hypothetically it is all true.
    it would indeed be racism and illegal wouldn't it?
    just hypothetically speaking. It seems others here think there nothing wrong with the polices actions, even if they are telling the truth.

But IF, as you assume, there's some conspiracy to make the police look bad. That those guys are indeed regular criminals, that they are lying, that the camera guy has an anti-police agenda, that they spent all the time doing it for those dark purposes.
    Sure that might be true too.
    And IF that is the case then I apologize to the police in this case, for giving these guys the general benefit of the doubt.

But if not, then the police are... as described... committing unconstitutional, racist and illegal acts on a systematic basis. Which is what's been described ,not just by them but, by many others in NY. All of whom i suppose are criminals and liars including those police, judges, and city officials who confirm bad police behavior in general.
    Last edited by revelarts; 05-12-2013 at 03:12 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Rev is guilty of nothing but...pulling the race card. It's a typical liberal trick they play whenever they are stumped, or confronted by facts known to be true....that cannot be changed to meet the Liberal definitions of their own made-up facts.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taft2012 View Post
    Dismissed.
    That's usually what happens with manufactured misdemeanors. Oh well, maybe the next time you trample someone's civil rights it'll stick.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

14. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This is really amazing. The crime rate in NYC has dropped like a rock over the last 15 years, and now the bleeding hearts want to make it easier for the criminals to commit crimes

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The nypd is using criminal profiling, those who commit crimes just happen to be African American.
    "We are trying to save his life," Kelly said, when told of Walters' suspicion. "And we are trying to save the life of other young people who are disproportionately victimized on the streets of this city and other cities throughout America.

"We empathize with young people who may have been stopped and weren't doing anything illegal," he continued. "We ask them to understand that we are engaged in what we believe to be a life-saving process. And we hope they understand that."
    http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=19084229

To me this logic is inherently the same "liberal" justification you despise in many other aspects of policy, be it sodas, lunch menus, gasoline prices or environmental regulations. It seems the only difference upon whether you take issue is if you personally affected, then it's a liberal conspiracy; otherwise, it's just whining libs.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99