Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default 3 More Arrested In Boston Bombing

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...151027478.html

Breaking: Boston police take three Boston Marathon bombing suspects into custody

<cite class="byline vcard"></cite>
    Boston police have three additional suspects in custody in connection to the Boston Marathon bombings, the department confirmed to Yahoo News Tuesday.

A spokeswoman at the Boston police department directed all questions on the suspects to the FBI, which has yet to disclose their identities.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, a 19-year-old college student, is charged with killing three and injuring more than 200 in the two bombs last month. His older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, was killed while fleeing arrest.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 05-01-2013 at 10:27 AM.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

More to come:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...mbing/2126411/

Boston police arrest 3 more suspects in bombing case

Doug Stanglin11:25 a.m. EDT May 1, 2013

The police department said in a tweet that more details would follow.

Boston police have arrested three more suspects in connection with the Boston Marathon bombing, the department said in a brief item posted Wednesday on its Twitter account.
    The message said more details would follow.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Looks like it might be for aiding the younger one during manhunt:

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013...OSP/story.html

Three college students have been arrested by federal authorities in connection with the Boston Marathon bombings, a Boston police source said this morning.

The Boston police official Twitter account said that three additional “suspects” had been taken into custody.

The three people were connected to Dzokhar Tsarnaev, 19, the surviving bomb suspect, at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, where Tsarnaev was a student. They allegedly helped him after the bombing, a different source told the Globe.

Police said in the tweet that further details would follow.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Both brothers:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/05/0...bombings-case/

BOSTON (CBS/AP) – Boston police say three additional suspects have been taken into custody in the Boston Marathon bombings investigation.

Their names have not been released. Police said more details will be revealed later today.
    According to CBS News, the three people arrested are friends of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
    Two will be charged with conspiracy to obstruct justice and making false statements. They are not U.S. citizens.

According to WBZ-TV’s Karen Anderson, their names are Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev. Both are originally from Kazakhstan and attended the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth with Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

The third suspect, according to CBS News, is an American citizen and he will be charged with making false statements.

Sources told CBS News senior correspondent John Miller that investigators arrested the three for harboring or aiding the Tsarnaev brothers after the fact. These will be federal charges.

The three were not arrested in the city of Boston, but nearby, according to Miller. This is possibly connected to the house raided in New Bedford on the Friday after the bombing.

According to CBS News correspondent Bob Orr, the charges are under seal, but they are related to incidents after the bombings and interfering with investigators.

Authorities had recently searched a landfill near the university, but they have not said what was found.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And more news... As some complain that the first responders went overboard, some complain that they didn't do enough. What a SHOCK!

Sue Lund lives about five blocks from where police engaged in a wild shootout April 19 with the two Boston Marathon bombing suspects and about eight doors down from where the one who escaped alive was found 18 hours later.

Yet, during the all-day manhunt, she said police never searched her Franklin Street home or garden shed in Watertown, Massachusetts. Ten other neighbors had the same story and said they didn’t know of any homes that had been searched on Franklin, where Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was discovered by someone on the street about 30 minutes after an area lockdown was lifted.

Yet, during the all-day manhunt, she said police never searched her Franklin Street home or garden shed in Watertown, Massachusetts. Ten other neighbors had the same story and said they didn’t know of any homes that had been searched on Franklin, where Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was discovered by someone on the street about 30 minutes after an area lockdown was lifted.
    “A lot of people’s lives were put in danger because someone in charge wasn’t doing his job,” said Lund, 61, as she stood on the wide front porch of her Victorian house. “People could have been killed because after the lockdown ended everyone came streaming out of their houses and suddenly we were in a combat zone.”
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...ip-street.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    And more news... As some complain that the first responders went overboard, some complain that they didn't do enough. What a SHOCK!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...ip-street.html
    it was pretty weird that they didn't check houses that were 400 yards from where he abandoned the car. It took a guy wanting a cig, not fresh air, to come out and notice the tarp being loose. Pretty freaky after being locked up all day.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    it was pretty weird that they didn't check houses that were 400 yards from where he abandoned the car. It took a guy wanting a cig, not fresh air, to come out and notice the tarp being loose. Pretty freaky after being locked up all day.
    I suppose the thing is then - were they absent in their duties which almost lead to catastrophe? Some are complaining that they checked houses and others are complaining they they didn't check houses.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I suppose the thing is then - were they absent in their duties which almost lead to catastrophe? Some are complaining that they checked houses and others are complaining they they didn't check houses.
    Do something, get complaints. If anyone should know that, it's you! LOL!

They locked down the city for more than 12 hours, literally stopping all movement and businesses. When they couldn't locate him, they lifted the lock down. During it people claimed to be treated poorly by police, most hailed their actions.

Still something was wrong when they opened fire on boat, the guy was unarmed. They hit homes with the firepower. He was found, 400 yds or less from where he had abandoned the stolen vehicle. Some 20 blocks were searched, but not one that close?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

'This is an illegal, unwarranted search and invasion of my privacy!'

I mean...

'Why the Hell didn't they search MY house!'

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Do something, get complaints. If anyone should know that, it's you! LOL!

They locked down the city for more than 12 hours, literally stopping all movement and businesses. When they couldn't locate him, they lifted the lock down. During it people claimed to be treated poorly by police, most hailed their actions.

Still something was wrong when they opened fire on boat, the guy was unarmed. They hit homes with the firepower. He was found, 400 yds or less from where he had abandoned the stolen vehicle. Some 20 blocks were searched, but not one that close?
    Even though they didn't find him themselves, they did bring him in alive. I still think they did a fantastic job. As to the boat, I'm still seeing quite a few conflicting stories. But if you have seen the thermal imaging video from the helicopter, you saw rounds hitting the bow of the boat and exploding. There were definitely a lot of stun ammunition hitting the boat, but I have no idea how many live rounds were shot at him. Either way though, if I was a cop, and I knew this guy killed a cop earlier, and tossed a pressure cooker bomb at others, and an IED out of the car - my ass is shooting first and asking questions later. I suppose that's why I'm not a cop and these guys brought him in alive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Even though they didn't find him themselves, they did bring him in alive. I still think they did a fantastic job. As to the boat, I'm still seeing quite a few conflicting stories. But if you have seen the thermal imaging video from the helicopter, you saw rounds hitting the bow of the boat and exploding. There were definitely a lot of stun ammunition hitting the boat, but I have no idea how many live rounds were shot at him. Either way though, if I was a cop, and I knew this guy killed a cop earlier, and tossed a pressure cooker bomb at others, and an IED out of the car - my ass is shooting first and asking questions later. I suppose that's why I'm not a cop and these guys brought him in alive.
    I'm not criticizing the police, that was an enormous undertaking. There was a problem though with that block, that isn't unreasonable. How did it happen? Did someone misreport completion? That's what the police at all levels need to figure out.