Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default 2nd Grader Suspended for Making ‘Gun Noises’ With a Pencil

No wonder the public school system is so f'd up. When will these idiots let kids be kids?

In the latest case of a youth being punished for what used to be considered innocuous child’s play, a second grader at Driver Elementary in Virginia has been suspended for two days for making gun noises while pointing a pencil, WAVY-TV reports.

The boy’s father explained: “When I asked him about it, he said, ‘Well I was being a Marine and the other guy was being a bad guy’…It’s as simple as that.”

Paul Marshall, the father of the suspended 7-year-old Christopher Marshall, is a former Marine.

A spokesperson for Suffolk Public Schools, Bethanne Bradshaw, explained: “A pencil is a weapon when it is pointed at someone in a threatening way and gun noises are made.”

“Some children would consider it threatening, who are scared about shootings in schools or shootings in the community,” she continued, adding that kids think more about school shootings these days ‘Cowboys and Indians.’”

But the boy’s father pointed out that his son is in good academic standing, has never been in trouble before and, according to the boy’s teacher, stopped pointing the pencil when asked. At some point, Paul Marshall argued, there needs to be “what used to be called common sense.”

“He’s just being a typical boy; you’re taking away his imagination,” he said. “Enough is enough. I mean where do you draw the line? You know — a pencil? Was it sharpened, was it not? Is it a No. 2? I mean, what’s the big deal?”

Sitting on a swing with a camouflage hat, the boy said: “I was playing. I’m sorry and stuff.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...-like-his-dad/

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

.... Bethanne Bradshaw, explained: “A pencil is a weapon when it is pointed at someone in a threatening way and gun noises are made.”

Really??? I guess by that logic a car seat becomes a Porsche when a baby says "vroom vroom" while occupying it and an idiot becomes a teacher when declaring it so.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I am ever so glad the schools are there to protect the others from that violent pencil. Now how are all of the children going to write when they ban pencils?

I know the times are different, but being a kid shouldn't be. If anything, I think secluding them from being a kid and doing what kids do is more harmful. If these types of activities and goofing around harms the kids, or turns them into gun toting nutcases - then millions of mass murderers came into the world in the 70's and 80's when I was in school!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So, which will they want to ban now? Pencils, or 2nd graders?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    We need Pencil Control!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voted4Reagan View Post
    Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    bullets have lead... bullets kill people.

pencils have lead... ergo, pencils kill people.

Solution: Ban pencils

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voted4Reagan View Post
    At least they didn't pull his finger.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post

How bout BANNING Teachers, Principles, and Administrators who practice Political Correctness?

WAIT! We can't do that. The kids would be staring at blank desks, and walls in empty school buildings.

This is all part of the greater NEA plans to dominate education with IGNORANCE, and STUPIDITY run by a union.

And sadly. It's working because American parents really don't care as long as somebody else is minding their kids.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    How bout BANNING Teachers, Principles, and Administrators who practice Political Correctness?
    political Correctness doesn't kill people... PENCILS DO!!

BAN PENCILS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post

WAIT! We can't do that. The kids would be staring at blank desks, and walls in empty school buildings.

This is all part of the greater NEA plans to dominate education with IGNORANCE, and STUPIDITY run by a union.

And sadly. It's working because American parents really don't care as long as somebody else is minding their kids.

No they wouldn't, kids who are left to their own devices will educate themselves. They will pursue they are own interests and learn about all kinds of things in the process.

I think most people would be surprised at how much kids will learn on their own, when they are not stuck in a classroom and forced to "learn" someones else's curriculum to pass a test.

And I would have to agree with most parents don't care and don't want to deal with their own children. Which always made me wonder, if you don't want to raise and deal with your own kids, then why have kids?
    You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word. ~ Gaffer

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    No wonder the public school system is so f'd up. When will these idiots let kids be kids?
    Crap, at some schools years ago, the kids toted guns with them to school in case they could kill a rabbit or squirrel for dinner.