Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Game of Thrones

So who watches this show? It's on HBO an into the 3rd season, about 25 total episodes or so. Here is a brief synopsis from IMDB, where it has an astonishing 9.4 rating:

Seven noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros. Political and sexual intrigue is pervasive. Robert Baratheon, King of Westeros, asks his old friend Eddard, Lord Stark, to serve as Hand of the King, or highest official. Secretly warned that the previous Hand was assassinated, Eddard accepts in order to investigate further. Meanwhile the Queen's family, the Lannisters, may be hatching a plot to take power. Across the sea, the last members of the previous and deposed ruling family, the Targaryens, are also scheming to regain the throne. The friction between the houses Stark, Lannister and Baratheon, and with the remaining great houses Greyjoy, Tully, Arryn, and Tyrell, leads to full-scale war. All while a very ancient evil awakens in the farthest north. Amidst the war and political confusion, a neglected military order of misfits, the Night's Watch, is all that stands between the realms of men and icy horrors beyond.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/?ref_=sr_1

I'm just going on to episode 6 of the first season and I'm hooked!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks PixieStix thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Thrones? Really? toilet.gif Never watched it.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

I've been watching. DVR it then have a marathon when the season is over. Good stuff. Peter Dinklage, been a fan for some time...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    So who watches this show? It's on HBO an into the 3rd season, about 25 total episodes or so. Here is a brief synopsis from IMDB, where it has an astonishing 9.4 rating:

Best show on TV hands down!
    I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. -- Susan B. Anthony

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My wife an I watched it when it premiered and were immediately hooked. We went out and bought all of the books and plowed through them.
    This is one of those rare occasions when I'm inclined to say that the show is as good as, if not better, than the books. Those of you who have read the books know that George R. R. Martin has a tendency to drag a story on that would make Robert Jordan proud. Speaking of which, Martin is getting old and the story is not yet finished. He's probably got at least 3 more books to go just to tie up all the damn subplots going on. If he doesn't get off his ass and finish this thing, he might just go the same way Jordan did.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

Love the show, and the books. It's actually a ton of fun watching people who don't know what's coming, and hearing their theories on what's going to happen. My favorite two characters are Tyrion and Danaerys, With Jon Snow pulling a close third.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Sounds like everyone would recommend watching the program.
    Which network is it on?
    Seriously. I've never heard of it since I watch so little television.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    I've been watching. DVR it then have a marathon when the season is over. Good stuff. Peter Dinklage, been a fan for some time...
    you know he was actually hesitant to take the role originally? He was talking about it in an interview once, that he was wary because it was a fantasy series, and generally, roles for short people, in his experience, involved beards and pointy-toed shoes. Then he actually read the books, and took because, as he put it, Tyrion tells the jokes, but is not the joke himself.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Sounds like everyone would recommend watching the program.
    Which network is it on?
    Seriously. I've never heard of it since I watch so little television.
    It's on HBO, Sunday night 9pm EST. If you don't have HBO, however, the show has stuck to the books thus far, so you could just pick up the books, or buy the season one and two dvds.
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

The show is addictive. For my taste, too many unnecessary and OTT whore scenes, but other than that, it's lots of fun to watch.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    It's on HBO, Sunday night 9pm EST. If you don't have HBO, however, the show has stuck to the books thus far, so you could just pick up the books, or buy the season one and two dvds.

Thanks DragonStryk. We only have the minimum channels, smallest, cheapest package. So. The only HBO we see, happens when they run special weekends to gather new customers.
    The DVD idea sounds good.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    Love the show, and the books. It's actually a ton of fun watching people who don't know what's coming, and hearing their theories on what's going to happen. My favorite two characters are Tyrion and Danaerys, With Jon Snow pulling a close third.
    I agree on Tyrion. He has, by far, the most interesting story arc. Dinklage has him nailed!
    I'm on the fence with Danaerys. Sometimes I want her to accidentally fall off a cliff
    Of all the female characters, I like Arya. Her story lags like a mother but my I think she will become the single most lethal killer out of all of them.

Edited last statement since Aboutime has yet to watch
    Last edited by Thunderknuckles; 05-10-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    The show is addictive. For my taste, too many unnecessary and OTT whore scenes, but other than that, it's lots of fun to watch.
    My wife and I thought the same. The books certainly have an adult theme but sometimes I think HBO is trying too hard.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknuckles View Post
    I agree on Tyrion. He has, by far, the most interesting story arc. Dinklage has him nailed!
    I'm on the fence with Danaerys. Sometimes I want her to accidentally fall off a cliff
    Of all the female characters, I like Arya. Her story lags like a mother but my I think she will become the single most lethal killer out of all of them.

Edited last statement since Aboutime has yet to watch
    Well, with Danaerys, she's finding her spine, whereas Arya has had hers her whole life, thanks to how she was raised. The arc has really done an amazing job of showing that, and I liked recently when she looked at her advisors and snapped, "I appreciate your advice, and your counsel, but if you ever question me in front of others again, you'll be advising someone."

It's something that she wouldn't have done even one season ago, which makes for a very interesting notation of her progress toward becoming the queen she needs to be.

Arya will become the most lethal... if there's anyone left alive by the time she finishes training.
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknuckles View Post
    My wife and I thought the same. The books certainly have an adult theme but sometimes I think HBO is trying too hard.
    They did add to it, but they did that for Littlefinger's scenes, because in the books, you'll notice that alot of his chapters are almost entirely internal monologue, and they couldn't find a way to keep that in, without somehow putting him in the room with people he would never air those thoughts around, and him just sitting and talking for no apparent reason for a good 3-5 minutes with nothing else going around him, which would have killed the pacing.
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org