Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game of Thrones

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

So a man who wants to be King, but makes no effort to impregnate his gorgeous queen (you think heirs would be important) indeed even on their wedding night, nothing.

It is described in detail how he and Loras take care if themselves, always wear the finest robes and most decorative armour.

Throughtoutthe books characters are constantly making innuendo and insults about Renly and his flower, indeed while i can't remember many specific quotes, two that are stuck in my mind were Stannis telling Renly his queen 'would die a maid in his bed', and (i think kingslayer) said he would 'shove his sword somewhere only Renly would find'

And he called his personal guards the Rainbow Guard.

...and some of ya'll were surprised? =P
    It is notable that there are no chapters from Renly's POV, and most of Renly's interactions are with Catelyn Stark (who probably is oblivious due to distance/ not being as connected as littlefinger and Varys ) and Brennie (who again is oblivious, this time due to love). But still...

Aslo was remembered when typing this, my gf said the bit that convinced her was after Renly died, and loras said something about a light going out in his life that could never be replaced.
    Last edited by Noir; 05-14-2013 at 08:46 AM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm racing through book 3 so the show doesn't get ahead of where I've read to. To be brutally honest, the last 2 shows contained a lot of filler that didn't really advance the plot nearly as much as 2 hours should have.
    The only way to make Islam sound compatible with the modern world is to lie about it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevecanuck View Post
    I'm racing through book 3 so the show doesn't get ahead of where I've read to. To be brutally honest, the last 2 shows contained a lot of filler that didn't really advance the plot nearly as much as 2 hours should have.
    They are intermixing things from the first three books right now. And your right about the filler. They seem to have slowed things down a lot by bringing things in that happened later in the books. with some characters they are skipping ahead, while with others they are dragging behind.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    They are intermixing things from the first three books right now. And your right about the filler. They seem to have slowed things down a lot by bringing things in that happened later in the books. with some characters they are skipping ahead, while with others they are dragging behind.
    Well, they're coming up on the subject where Feast of Crows/Dance of Dragons timelines both take place simultaneously, and they're dragging it so some of the cast has enough time to age like they should.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    Well, they're coming up on the subject where Feast of Crows/Dance of Dragons timelines both take place simultaneously, and they're dragging it so some of the cast has enough time to age like they should.
    I think they have over aged already. sansa's suppose to be 13 going on 14. Arya 11 going on 12. Robb was 16. Joffery 15, Jon 17. Some of those "boys" sure got hairy awfully fast. Joffery is the only one that appears to look the age he's suppose to be.

They are dragging it, but I don't thinks it's to allow the cast to age. I think all their jumping back and forth between books is making it harder to follow the story line.

Is is just me or did that leader of the unsullied seem a bit wimpy looking?

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    So a man who wants to be King, but makes no effort to impregnate his gorgeous queen (you think heirs would be important) indeed even on their wedding night, nothing.

It is described in detail how he and Loras take care if themselves, always wear the finest robes and most decorative armour.

Throughtoutthe books characters are constantly making innuendo and insults about Renly and his flower, indeed while i can't remember many specific quotes, two that are stuck in my mind were Stannis telling Renly his queen 'would die a maid in his bed', and (i think kingslayer) said he would 'shove his sword somewhere only Renly would find'

And he called his personal guards the Rainbow Guard.

...and some of ya'll were surprised? =P
    It is notable that there are no chapters from Renly's POV, and most of Renly's interactions are with Catelyn Stark (who probably is oblivious due to distance/ not being as connected as littlefinger and Varys ) and Brennie (who again is oblivious, this time due to love). But still...

Aslo was remembered when typing this, my gf said the bit that convinced her was after Renly died, and loras said something about a light going out in his life that could never be replaced.
    As I said initially. There are innuendos and talk, but no sex scenes concerning queers. And if you remember, Renly was in the field with his army, which was perhaps an excuse not to be with his wife, but didn't give him opportunity to be with her. She also used that excuse to claim she was still virginal when offered to Joffery.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

There are two books left for publication, Winds of Winter, and A Dream of Spring. Martin has said both will be 2 part books, with a rough length of 1500 pages. He's so far written about 400 pages of Winds, but says only 200 are totally finished.

And ofcourse when asked if the books would be finished on time, Martin replied Crows "Three years from now, when I'm sitting on 1,800 pages of manuscript with no end in sight, who the hell knows".
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    There are two books left for publication, Winds of Winter, and A Dream of Spring. Martin has said both will be 2 part books, with a rough length of 1500 pages. He's so far written about 400 pages of Winds, but says only 200 are totally finished.

And ofcourse when asked if the books would be finished on time, Martin replied Crows "Three years from now, when I'm sitting on 1,800 pages of manuscript with no end in sight, who the hell knows".
    So essentially 4 books to go?
    I swear I think Martin actually wants to die before finishing the series to just piss everyone off just like Robert Jordan.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknuckles View Post
    I swear I think Martin actually wants to die before finishing the series to just piss everyone off just like Robert Jordan.
    You may be right. He's already pissed people off with book five. It's most definitely a WTF are you doing book.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknuckles View Post
    Kinda, only in the same sense that 'Dance of Dragons' is two books, same with 'Storm of Swords'

All in all there will probably be 11 softcover books
    Game of thrones
    Clash of kings
    Storm of swords, Vol 1 and 2
    Feast for crows
    Dance of dragons Vol 1 and 2
    Winds of Winter Vol 1 and 2
    Dream of Spring Vol 1 and 2

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'm an impatient bastard. I'm getting more and more tempted to ask for spoilers, but if I'm reading correctly, what I'm watching is not even finished yet? If this guy dies I will kill him a second time!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I'm an impatient bastard. I'm getting more and more tempted to ask for spoilers, but if I'm reading correctly, what I'm watching is not even finished yet? If this guy dies I will kill him a second time!!
    Read the books Jim!