Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    For anyone who enjoys the show, the books are a must-read IMO, utterly fantastic.

Also, random factoid - Most of the out door scenes in the show are shot in...Northern Ireland ^,^ (Except for Dani's storyline which is mostly shot in Malta).
    Yeah, I think the current shooting is split between Northern Ireland, Iceland, and Croatia.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    most of that lezzy shit is not part of the books. That's thrown in for gratuitous sex scenes to promote queers..
    Erm, which character has had a lesbian scene on screen, that didn't have one in the books?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Erm, which character has had a lesbian scene on screen, that didn't have one in the books?
    The scene where little finger gives direction to two of his prostitutes on how to do it for an audience. There was no such thing in the books. While there were innuendos of people being queer, there were no queer scenes in the books. The queer scenes in the show are purely gratuitous.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

The scene where little finger gives direction to two of his prostitutes on how to do it for an audience. There was no such thing in the books. While there were innuendos of people being queer, there were no queer scenes in the books. The queer scenes in the show are purely gratuitous.
    My husband said the same thing about the King's son's season one gay sex scenes. Not in the book.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

No 'queer scenes' in the books? Dany and Cersei both have atleast one (and there are references to Dany having more) not to mention Tyrion who talks in great detail about what whores do to each other for coin.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post

My husband said the same thing about the King's son's season one gay sex scenes. Not in the book.
    Renly is so obviously gay (though never stated as fact) in the books. The whole reason they chose to show the relationship as fact, and not whispers, was to show how ruthless Margery Tyrell is, and what she's prepared to do to be 'the queen', a device which i thought worked fantastically.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No 'queer scenes' in the books? Dany and Cersei both have atleast one (and there are references to Dany having more) not to mention Tyrion who talks in great detail about what whores do to each other for coin.
    Yes there are references to queer action but nothing descriptive. It's purely gratuitous. Those scenes could have been replaced with other more relevant scenes that would further drive the story.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Yes there are references to queer action but nothing descriptive. It's purely gratuitous. Those scenes could have been replaced with other more relevant scenes that would further drive the story.
    Yeah, in just the same way that the book 'references' acts of warfare =P

The Renly/Knights of Flowers, is a tool for advancing Margery's plot.
    Dany/Maid advances Dany post Drogo,
    Cersei/Maid (though i can't memo seeing that in the show) advances Cersei's post Kingslayer/Lancel
    Whore/Whore in Littlefingers brothel allows Littlefinger to talk honestly, while not making it seem like he has a confidant (because he's too smart for that) which he can do with no actual character onscreen.
    Last edited by Noir; 05-13-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

On the queer thing...

Those 2 gals being told what to do by the Lord whatever his name is, that was kinda hot. But those 2 little flamer dudes need to have their heads removed by the king!

I've gotta be careful in this thread, more spoilers! I've also been visiting IMDB a lot to get to know the characters and their real names. Then I notice certain characters were only in so many episodes. Hmmmm....
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    On the queer thing...

Those 2 gals being told what to do by the Lord whatever his name is, that was kinda hot. But those 2 little flamer dudes need to have their heads removed by the king!

I've gotta be careful in this thread, more spoilers! I've also been visiting IMDB a lot to get to know the characters and their real names. Then I notice certain characters were only in so many episodes. Hmmmm....
    Don't be worried about characters only being in certain shows, some folk don't get referenced never-mind screen time for several episodes at a time then just pop back, even with an hour per show there are just too many plots to mention every week or two.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't be worried about characters only being in certain shows, some folk don't get referenced never-mind screen time for several episodes at a time then just pop back, even with an hour per show there are just too many plots to mention every week or two.
    The other side of that argument is that Martin has no problem killing off major characters. Don't get too attached to any of them. You never know what is around the bend

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknuckles View Post
    The other side of that argument is that Martin has no problem killing off major characters. Don't get too attached to any of them. You never know what is around the bend
    I've been told both by my wife already. But another tidbit...

Since I couldn't understand the Dothraki scenes, I looked around to find subtitles. I found a ton, but one download was for every single episode. For season 2, it literally said something like - complete subtitles, or just Dothraki episodes 1,2,4,5 & 10 when Drogo returns. I'm like WTF? I'm not up to episode 10 yet you fuckers!!

And none of you better not ruin it for me either! LOL I'm just starting episode 8 of season 2!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknuckles View Post
    Stark comes to mind. Glad I didn't fall in love with Lord Stark! At least I can still see his head hanging outside the castle, as does his daughter apparently.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Stark comes to mind. Glad I didn't fall in love with Lord Stark! At least I can still see his head hanging outside the castle, as does his daughter apparently.
    I believe that was when one of the heads was made to look like George W. Bush.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Um yes there was, Danaerys had one, a little ways after Drogo, I think it was either book 2 or 3
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org