Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    If the call was fictional, the occupants need only file a complaint lawsuit. They keep records of every 9/11 call and transmission back to the officers via their radios.

But by your logic, we shouldn't even let cops in if they respond to a shooting, or someone saw a murder take place in the window - as the occupant need only tell them nothing is wrong, no?
    I think you missed the point about cops making their own 911 calls and warrants are easy to come by, I see no reason not to let judges earn their paychecks by issuing them.
    I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. -- Susan B. Anthony

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It must be sad to always be so angry at the police, or anyone else for that matter. There are FAR more examples of police abiding by the letter and spirit of the law, following proper procedure, and doing a good job day in and day out, than there EVER will be of police crossing the line. Yes, it happens. NO, it is not the norm or even the majority.

Live with your infantile anger. And have a cookie.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    with reason , But the police are not our bosses they have to obey the law as well as we and there NO need to assume they have all the authority they claim in EVERY instances jim.

if they have reason to believe there is that much trouble a foot,

g e t -a- w a r r a n t

what's wrong with that Jim , Marcus?
    First off, they don't need one in instances like this, and secondly, being of a violent nature, someone could very well be killed if they don't act.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    I think you missed the point about cops making their own 911 calls and warrants are easy to come by, I see no reason not to let judges earn their paychecks by issuing them.
    Fake 911 calls... warrants are easy to come by.... ALL COPS ARE EVIL is what you're really saying.

sad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

with reason , But the police are not our bosses they have to obey the law as well as we and there NO need to assume they have all the authority they claim in EVERY instances jim.

if they have reason to believe there is that much trouble a foot,

g e t -a- w a r r a n t

what's wrong with that Jim , Marcus?
    a 911 call comes in... and you want a warrant issued on each and every one before any police action, regardless of the immediacy of the situation?

You're certifiable.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    So we shouldn't trust the police for basically ANY call they investigate, as they can ALWAYS be making stuff up, faking calls, planting stuff... In almost every instance I can think of a plausible reason as to how the cops can do wrong - so we should ban all entries, and make it 100% illegal for them to EVER enter without a warrant. For as many complainers get their way then, just as many will get abused or killed for the police not being able to do their jobs.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    Did I stutter? No, you're just not very bright I guess.
    The police had probable cause to enter. Said cause being the complaint called in.
    How do you survive, hating 'the man' so much?
    complaint called in by who Marcus? a prank kid, a jilted lover, a pissy neighbor? or a real concerned person WHO'S NOT IN THE HOUSE EITHER.

there's no way to know.

if the police get there and are still not sure.
    Get a warrant.
    is that hating the man?
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 cops could have stayed 1 in front and 1 at the back door.
    while another went to get a warrant.
    problem solved.

But the police can't be be inconvenienced with the LAW.
    First of all, as explained in other threads and deliberately ignored, the police do not need a warrant in this emergency situation.

Secondly, tying up 4 cops for one job while Lord knows how many other calls back up, and other emergencies have to wait in a queue, for the whole warrant process to go through? Finding a judge, filling out paperwork, etc. Do you think every city has an army of police on standby?

Finally, what is this love affair you liberals have with the judiciary? I know you like to run to them and get your little pet criminal rights passed there when the legislatures tell you to go take a hike. But still.

Do you think a judge has some kind of magic insight that makes his warrant so valuable and infallible? Does the judge have a better understanding of what's happening than the police at the scene?

What if a judge denied said warrant and it turned out someone got killed as a result?

On that basis alone a judge wouldn't ever deny a warrant for a situation like this, so what's the point of even wrangling about it in a discussion?

Absurdity.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Fake 911 calls... warrants are easy to come by.... ALL COPS ARE EVIL is what you're really saying.

sad.
    They should just ban police altogether then. If we're going to prevent them from doing their jobs in every instance where it's possible that they can skirt the law. How many people busted for drugs claim it was planted? I think we should reverse every single on of those charges as we just don't know if its for real or not.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

a 911 call comes in... and you want a warrant issued on each and every one before any police action, regardless of the immediacy of the situation?

You're certifiable.
    If ther is NO REASON to think there is a problem, after you get to scence what do want them to do lock every one up just because they got a call or just shot them all on the spot. let God sort them Out

Marcus your the one talking out of emotions and not thinking.

Cops standing by a quiet home while another gets warrant is not Crazy. and you know it.
    Last edited by revelarts; 05-17-2013 at 07:07 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

If ther is NO REASON to think there is a problem, after you get to scence what do want them to do lock every one up just because they got a call or just sot them all on the spot. let God sort them Out

Cops standing by a quiet home while another gets warrant is not Crazy. and you know it.
    And in places like Chicago, LA and NYC - they will all be sitting around with their thumbs up their asses waiting on warrants instead of doing their jobs. Most of the DV stuff happens at night. So we just let the victim perhaps continue to get beaten, while the cops sit in their cars waiting on someone to get a hold of a sleeping judge?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If ther is NO REASON to think there is a problem, after you get to scence what do want them to do lock every one up just because they got a call or just sot them all on the spot. let God sort them Out
    Yeah, that's what's being said. "If a 911 call is made to your house the police should show up and either shoot you or arrest you."

Do you know what "probable cause" even is?
    Last edited by taft2012; 05-17-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius Did I stutter? No, you're just not very bright I guess.
    The police had probable cause to enter. Said cause being the complaint called in.
    How do you survive, hating 'the man' so much?
    complaint called in by who Marcus? a prank kid, a jilted lover, a pissy neighbor? or a real concerned person WHO'S NOT IN THE HOUSE EITHER.

there's no way to know.

if the police get there and are still not sure.
    Get a warrant.
    is that hating the man?
    You just lost the argument for yourself.

there's no way to know.
    Time is a factor. that appears to be something you are simply intellectually unable to process.

I sincerely hope that the police are NEVER called to your home, told everything is alright, and then someone you care about is injured or killed because the police didn't act, or act fast enough. You'd be the first one to sue.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius

You're certifiable.

Of the two of use, I think 95% of the posters on this board would agree I am the more logical of the two.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What Taft2012 would have done:

"Oh hello officers, what's wrong? There was a domestic violence call here? That's odd. No, nothing's wrong, everyone's fine. You're required to make sure everything is OK? That's fine, come on in. Honey, kids, could you all come here for a moment and say hello to the officers."

The problem is that Rev is a kook like the guy in the video, and these dumbasses make work unnecessarily harder than it is.

Why?