Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Patriots

I saw an interesting movie yesterday and this man was one of the panelists discussing what had just transpired during that movie. So this morning I googled him and found this:

The Patriots

By Dr. Bob Bowman, Lt. Col., USAF, ret.

The United States is in trouble. We're in danger of becoming a fascist dictatorship where big government and big business combine to rule, and where the people are considered just a source of labor. The marriage of government and the investor class has succeeded in exporting our jobs, importing illegal aliens to provide a pool of cheap labor, and thus driving down wages for all American workers and destroying the middle class. Their foreign and military policies have led us into unnecessary wars of aggression to gain raw materials and enhance profits of the global robber barons. Their trade policies have resulted in capital flight, job loss, trade deficits, and the ownership of much of our infrastructure by foreign interests.

We've gotten into this fix because our presidents, of both parties, have been servants of the global investors, and because our representatives in Congress, again of both parties, have abdicated their Constitutional responsibilities and subjected themselves to an imperial presidency.

...snip

Accordingly, "The Patriots" is not a political party, but a nonpartisan organization of patriotic Americans seeking to return our country to Constitutional government based on truth and in service of the people. For now, we operate as a project of the non-profit Institute for Space and Security Studies, a 501c(3) organization. Our immediate mission is to educate the American people on the issues. In the future, we may form a "Patriot PAC" to support candidates for public office and to promote specific legislation. We also intend to form a Patriot Caucus including members of Congress from all political parties. However, for now we are concentrating on public education.

The first question usually raised is, "Is this organization conservative or liberal?" The answer to that question is, "Yes." We have both conservative and liberal members, and both conservative and liberal ideas. But mostly, we are just patriotic Americans embodying the best of both conservatism and liberalism in the service of the American people. Few Patriots will agree with all of the following positions, but all ascribe to the basic devotion to Constitution, truth, and service to the people. That is what is important. The specific policy positions below are mine alone. I see them as a good basis for further discussion. They are all anathema to those currently in power.

...snip
    Are YOU a patriot?
    Lost your job? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your house? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your life savings? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your health care? Thank the republicans!
    Lost all Hope? Thank the republicans!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great thread. I like this part:
    A "patriot" is defined as one who loves, supports, and defends his country. The Latin and Greek roots refer to "father." If, for a moment, we ignore the sexist nature of the ancient civilizations giving birth to the word, it is clear that to be a "patriot" is to have a parental love for the people of one's tribe or nation. One cannot have a "patriotic love" for the corporations in one's country or for its military-industrial complex, only for its people. Clearly then, those in our government who have served their corporate masters to the detriment of the people are not patriots, and have no claim to the word. The vast majority of Americans love our country in ways that equate to service to the people. We are the patriots.
    "Wars are poor chisels for carving out peaceful tomorrows"
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Some of what is posed is great, some not.

But this guy Dr. Bob Bowman, Lt. Col., USAF, ret. wears his own tinfoil hat it seems.

Robert M. Bowman, Head of Advanced Space Programs for DOD

http://www.illinoistimes.com/gyrobas...oid=oid%3A4282 - Illinois Times on Bowman

In 1977, Dr. Robert M. Bowman, head of advanced space programs for the Department of Defense [DOD], authored a report describing a new missile-defense shield system called the “Star Wars Defense.” Lt. Col. Robert Bowman [was] a combat pilot who flew 101 missions in the Vietnam War.

http://www.rmbowman.com/ssn/Secrecy.htm - Article on Dr. Bowman's website discussing 9/11

Many people are convinced that George W. Bush knew what was going to happen and purposely allowed it to happen so he and his neo-conservative buddies could have the “new Pearl Harbor” they needed to justify their wars against Afghanistan and Iraq. Others go further. They are absolutely sure Cheney and company actually planned and carried out the attack. What is so disturbing is that their arguments are quite convincing. If an enormous cloud of suspicion is not to be permanently over the head of our government, the Bush Administration must “come clean,” releasing information thus far withheld from the American people. Why did John Ashcroft and top Pentagon officials cancel plans to fly commercial airlines the morning of 9/11? If they knew what was about to happen, why wasn’t it stopped? Who made all the millions of dollars selling short United and American Airlines [stock] just before 9/11? Why weren’t the hijacked airliners intercepted by jet fighters and shot down before they could fly into the WTC and Pentagon? What did the air traffic controllers say, and to whom? Why did the FBI impound the tapes of those conversations? Why has the public never been told what was on them? Why weren’t the congressional investigators told? If it was just a matter of incompetence or somebody not doing their job, why hasn’t anyone been fired or reprimanded?
    I'll watch....for now.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Interesting, needs more looking into as far as I'm concerned, but definately interesting.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some substance would be nice. Educating people? Depends on what they're teaching. I'd be interested to see the curriculum and who is going to fund it.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Tom Brady is a hunk.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting concept, obviously the Tally Ho Ho Ho crowd is gonna have trouble getting behind a group that will include Hagels and Pauls as well as Edwards and Obamas.

It kinda goes against the grain of the established group think.

Partisans are always full of shit to some degree.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Deja Vu..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shattered View Post
    Deja Vu..
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, I am a patriot and I have objected for years to the corporate mindset that knows no borders and will sell anyone down the river for a buck/euro/yuan.

Amazing how many free-trade corporatists there are here. Count me out. Permanently.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    But this guy Dr. Bob Bowman, Lt. Col., USAF, ret. wears his own tinfoil hat it seems.
    Are you saying that he has a tinfoil hat because he questions the silence of our government on the matter of 9/11? Not all the questions concerning that incident have been answered nor have numerous other questions on other issues been answered either. You may choose to sit and watch. He decided to do something about it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Esslingen View Post
    Are you saying that he has a tinfoil hat because he questions the silence of our government on the matter of 9/11? Not all the questions concerning that incident have been answered nor have numerous other questions on other issues been answered either. You may choose to sit and watch. He decided to do something about it.
    All "the government did it" BS has been proven BS.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Esslingen View Post
    Well, I am a patriot and I have objected for years to the corporate mindset that knows no borders and will sell anyone down the river for a buck/euro/yuan.

Amazing how many free-trade corporatists there are here. Count me out. Permanently.
    It's also amazing that so many communists attempt the smear tactic of associating free-trade with corporatism, as if they're related. It's further more amazing how well that smear tactic works on the retarded.
    "... whenever any number of men, calling themselves a government, do anything to another man, or to his property, which they had no right to do as individuals, they thereby declare themselves trespassers, robbers, or murderers, according to the nature of their acts." - Lysander Spooner

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheStripey1 View Post
    I saw an interesting movie yesterday and this man was one of the panelists discussing what had just transpired during that movie. So this morning I googled him and found this:

Are YOU a patriot?
    No. I'm an internationalist. Fuck governments.

It's time the people of the earth came together under one government. We will not survive otherwise.

Fuck patriotism. It always leads to killing and tyranny.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    No. I'm an internationalist. Fuck governments.

It's time the people of the earth came together under one government. We will not survive otherwise.

Fuck patriotism. It always leads to killing and tyranny.
    No, your an ignoramus looking for a one world tyranny. We can survive just fine without an algore or edwards anti-christ telling us how to live.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.