Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default "We support the troops but not the mission"

Short......but to the point...

NBC reporter embedded with U.S. troops in Iraq for 4 years asks them if they buy the "We support the troops but not the mission" mantra. The answer is "NO."

<embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf" width="450" height="370" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="autostart=false&token=dcf_1180752079" scale="showall" name="index"></embed>

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dcf_1180752079
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post

NBC reporter embedded with U.S. troops in Iraq for 4 years asks them if they buy the "We support the troops but not the mission" mantra. The answer is "NO."

<embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf" width="450" height="370" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="autostart=false&token=dcf_1180752079" scale="showall" name="index"></embed>

You think we're gonna hear any cries of " We need to listen to our troops on th ground" ??? NOT

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    You think we're gonna hear any cries of " We need to listen to our troops on th ground" ??? NOT
    Sadly......No..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ......................

Awesome find.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

it's not possible... thats why i respect people who have the balls to say they don't support either.
    See You In Hell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chum43 View Post
    it's not possible... thats why i respect people who have the balls to say they don't support either.
    They should all be deported to Cuba.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default .....................

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

"We support the troops but not the mission"
    Again?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Currently New Delhi, India (at least until I piss off someplace else)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Support the troops, but not the mission?

It's certainly possible if you ask me. I don't see why support for troops has to be equated to support for an immoral and illegal war of aggression against Iraq ...

And even the soldiers want out of it now so I doubt they would disagree. The Iraqis have been saying it for a while. Only Bush wants to stay there ... :S
    Convert to the BPR - Beer Pizza Religion. Worship at the altar of the beer (or other) babes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post

It's certainly possible if you ask me. I don't see why support for troops has to be equated to support for an immoral and illegal war of aggression against Iraq ...

And even the soldiers want out of it now so I doubt they would disagree. The Iraqis have been saying it for a while. Only Bush wants to stay there ... :S
    then you can support the troops when they come home, or support them coming home, but you can't support troops when they are out their carrying out a mission you disagree with voluntarily... I don't support the mission, I don't support the troops in that mission, but I do appreciate the sacrifice... I can't feel sympathy for anyone who would put themselves in a situation where they could be in a war they didn't believe they should be fighting, thats why I needed out, I need control over my own actions. I appreciate and respect them, but I certainly don't support them and I don't think we should fund them.
    See You In Hell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"You have to support the mission in order to support the troops" is probably one of the most retarded statements I've ever heard.

FYI, The troops do not make the mission.
    The mission is created by our President and his administration.
    We do not have to support that mission and the decisions made in order to support our troops.

Supporting the troops means you hope for their safe and well return and that you support the sacrifices made, regardless of what the mission is.
    You honor them for their bravery and for their effort.

When we say "we don’t support the mission" were saying we don’t support the President.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

It's actually relatively simple. You can support the troops but not the mission so long as you are vocal only about the former and not the latter.

When you damn the mission, calling it illegal and immoral (which is factually incorrect, btw), you are telling the troops what they are doing is immoral and illegal.

You call THAT support?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Currently New Delhi, India (at least until I piss off someplace else)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chum43 View Post
    then you can support the troops when they come home, or support them coming home, but you can't support troops when they are out their carrying out a mission you disagree with voluntarily... I don't support the mission, I don't support the troops in that mission, but I do appreciate the sacrifice... I can't feel sympathy for anyone who would put themselves in a situation where they could be in a war they didn't believe they should be fighting, thats why I needed out, I need control over my own actions. I appreciate and respect them, but I certainly don't support them and I don't think we should fund them.
    I understand your point. I am just saying the troops are out there, doing a job, and I wouldn't blame them personally for the whole War ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    When you damn the mission, calling it illegal and immoral (which is factually incorrect, btw), you are telling the troops what they are doing is immoral and illegal.

You call THAT support?
    Please explain how I am facutally incorrect. Also, telling the troops what they are doing is immoral and illegal is being honest more than anything else. To be quite frank, no-one should have to even TELL them that ...
    Convert to the BPR - Beer Pizza Religion. Worship at the altar of the beer (or other) babes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    It's actually relatively simple. You can support the troops but not the mission so long as you are vocal only about the former and not the latter.

You call THAT support?
    It is only that simple to you. I do not agree at all with you. and most of us simple call it wrong, and that we shouldn't be there. or losing soldiers as a result of it.

So you are Gung Ho. that's OK, but you don't speak for the majority.
    Who else is as much a Bush-basher as I???
    An Italian Confusious Say: "He who throwist mud, losith ground"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well pal nobody asked you. You are not the one getting shot at every day so until your sorry ass is on the line STFU.
    There is no wrong way to do the right thing.