Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I support the troops. They are only doing their jobs, what they have been told to do.

I do not support the dumass fool who has sent them to suffer meaningless death.
    Actually many troops are going way beyond what is expected of them. They're not dumb shits Gabby. They are humans.
    Would you please describe what you feel to be a meaningful death ?

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    Support the troops, but not the mission?

It's certainly possible if you ask me. I don't see why support for troops has to be equated to support for an immoral and illegal war of aggression against Iraq ...

And even the soldiers want out of it now so I doubt they would disagree. The Iraqis have been saying it for a while. Only Bush wants to stay there ... :S
    It's actually relatively simple. You can support the troops but not the mission so long as you are vocal only about the former and not the latter.

When you damn the mission, calling it illegal and immoral (which is factually incorrect, btw), you are telling the troops what they are doing is immoral and illegal.

You call THAT support?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Obama08 View Post
    "You have to support the mission in order to support the troops" is probably one of the most retarded statements I've ever heard.

FYI, The troops do not make the mission.
    The mission is created by our President and his administration.
    We do not have to support that mission and the decisions made in order to support our troops.

Supporting the troops means you hope for their safe and well return and that you support the sacrifices made, regardless of what the mission is.
    You honor them for their bravery and for their effort.

When we say "we don’t support the mission" were saying we don’t support the President.
    As just explained in my previous post, "I support the troops but not the mission" is in actuality, one of the most retarded things ever heard.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    To my dear husband,

"Honey, I hate your boss, and I hate your job, I think the work you voluntarily took on is illegal, immoral and an embarassment. In fact, I am going to publicly protest until you stop doing this job.

But... but... I support you!"

Love,
    Your wife

Currently New Delhi, India (at least until I piss off someplace else)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chum43 View Post
    then you can support the troops when they come home, or support them coming home, but you can't support troops when they are out their carrying out a mission you disagree with voluntarily... I don't support the mission, I don't support the troops in that mission, but I do appreciate the sacrifice... I can't feel sympathy for anyone who would put themselves in a situation where they could be in a war they didn't believe they should be fighting, thats why I needed out, I need control over my own actions. I appreciate and respect them, but I certainly don't support them and I don't think we should fund them.
    I understand your point. I am just saying the troops are out there, doing a job, and I wouldn't blame them personally for the whole War ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    When you damn the mission, calling it illegal and immoral (which is factually incorrect, btw), you are telling the troops what they are doing is immoral and illegal.

You call THAT support?
    Please explain how I am facutally incorrect. Also, telling the troops what they are doing is immoral and illegal is being honest more than anything else. To be quite frank, no-one should have to even TELL them that ...
    Convert to the BPR - Beer Pizza Religion. Worship at the altar of the beer (or other) babes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's actually relatively simple. You can support the troops but not the mission so long as you are vocal only about the former and not the latter.

You call THAT support?
    It is only that simple to you. I do not agree at all with you. and most of us simple call it wrong, and that we shouldn't be there. or losing soldiers as a result of it.

So you are Gung Ho. that's OK, but you don't speak for the majority.
    Who else is as much a Bush-basher as I???
    An Italian Confusious Say: "He who throwist mud, losith ground"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I understand your point. I am just saying the troops are out there, doing a job, and I wouldn't blame them personally for the whole War ...

Please explain how I am facutally incorrect. Also, telling the troops what they are doing is immoral and illegal is being honest more than anything else. To be quite frank, no-one should have to even TELL them that ...
    Saddam Hussein signed a cease-fire agreement with the US that stated among other things that hostilites could be resumed if he failed to comply with its terms. So much for the legality.

You consider removing a despot from power to be immoral? They must teach different "morals" where you come from.

You call it being honest to justify to yourself doing it. The fact is, the statement "I support the troops but not the illegal and immoral war" is a contradiction in terms.

There's NO quicker way to fuck with a troop's head than to tell him/her what he/she is doing is illegal or immoral. While you sit back here being an expert on everything and thinking "I support the troops but not the illegal and immoral war" is a "Get Out of Jail Free" card, those troops are looking down the barrel of loaded weapons at other human beings in the name of their cause and their Nation, and they, not you, have to drop that hammer.

And you're calling them murderers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doniston View Post
    It is only that simple to you. I do not agree at all with you. and most of us simple call it wrong, and that we shouldn't be there. or losing soldiers as a result of it.

So you are Gung Ho. that's OK, but you don't speak for the majority.
    Did I say I speak for the majority? I speak from having been a fucking troop ... get THAT? I speak from being the son of Vietnam vet and watching what you dimbulbs and your lies and bullshit did to their heads, not to mention almost tearing this Nation apart even as you're trying to now.

You don't like the war? me niether. I don't like ANY war. Some peopel have to die and there's always those that have to kill them, and there's times when I'm not so sure being the former isn't better than being the latter.

When you walk a mile in my fucking combat boots and carry my fucking load, THEN you can presume to tell me what fucking troops think.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know people who support Dale Earnhardt Jr, they just don't think he should race.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Saddam Hussein signed a cease-fire agreement with the US that stated among other things that hostilites could be resumed if he failed to comply with its terms. So much for the legality.
    That agreement was hardly signed on equal terms - if Saddam didn't sign the agreement, the US would never have stopped the first war. The agreement was made purely on American terms, and was not fair. Someone could put a gun to your head tomorrow and force you to give up your wallet, but that doesn't mean you want to or that the implicit agreement in giving up your wallet is in anyway legal.

You consider removing a despot from power to be immoral?
    I consider waging a war against another nation solely for the purpose of milking it's resources (oil) highly immoral and imperalistic.

You call it being honest to justify to yourself doing it.
    Yes.

The fact is, the statement "I support the troops but not the illegal and immoral war" is a contradiction in terms.

There's NO quicker way to fuck with a troop's head than to tell him/her what he/she is doing is illegal or immoral.
    I disagree. In fact, it's a good way to tell the troops to voluntarily LEAVE ...

While you sit back here being an expert on everything
    I did not claim to be an expert on anything.

and thinking "I support the troops but not the illegal and immoral war" is a "Get Out of Jail Free" card,
    It isn't anything of the sort. I am simply saying I don't believe in bashing the soldiers personally, rather, the administration and it's stupid policies.

those troops are looking down the barrel of loaded weapons at other human beings in the name of their cause and their Nation, and they, not you, have to drop that hammer.
    You expect me to feel sorry? Or what? They are in a war zone - it's pretty obvious people would be pointing weapons at them ... If they don't like it, they should not have GONE in the first place.

After all, it's not Iraq invaded the US and they are simply defending their country. It's the other way around - the US is the aggressor here.

And you're calling them murderers.
    When making an absurd claim, it helps to provide a source. Where is yours?
    Last edited by Rahul; 06-04-2007 at 11:30 PM.
    Convert to the BPR - Beer Pizza Religion. Worship at the altar of the beer (or other) babes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I speak from being the son of Vietnam vet and watching what you dimbulbs and your lies and bullshit did to their heads, not to mention almost tearing this Nation apart even as you're trying to now.
    Insults are unnecessary. Further, you haven't expounded on the lies and deceit propogated by the US administration at that time which was a very major factor as well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I support the troops. They are only doing their jobs, what they have been told to do.

I do not support the dumass fool who has sent them to suffer meaningless death.
    I suppose then you support mafia hitmen too?... oh and how about george bush, you support him too, it is his job as commander in chief and surely someone has told him it has to be done.

with people that always talk about honor and character it's amazing how anyone who believes in those things can say "their just doing their jobs"... they are, and that is my point... I quit the military because i couldn't be a mindless drone who killed on command.
    See You In Hell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Support the troops, but not the mission?

It's certainly possible if you ask me. I don't see why support for troops has to be equated to support for an immoral and illegal war of aggression against Iraq ...

And even the soldiers want out of it now so I doubt they would disagree. The Iraqis have been saying it for a while. Only Bush wants to stay there ... :S
    Well pal nobody asked you. You are not the one getting shot at every day so until your sorry ass is on the line STFU.
    There is no wrong way to do the right thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That agreement was hardly signed on equal terms - if Saddam didn't sign the agreement, the US would never have stopped the first war. The agreement was made purely on American terms, and was not fair. Someone could put a gun to your head tomorrow and force you to give up your wallet, but that doesn't mean you want to or that the implicit agreement in giving up your wallet is in anyway legal.

The cease fire was mostly because Bush was honoring the un commitment of only getting saddam out of kuwaite. saddam was defeated and as the victors we had the right to dictate terms. It comes with winning the war. Comparing a robbery to a war is not a good analogy. Your boy lost the war, he also lost the second part of the war and was hung. You just feel bad about losing.

I consider waging a war against another nation solely for the purpose of milking it's resources (oil) highly immoral and imperalistic.

How about for deposing a dictator who is dangerous to the whole world? Ahh but you don't consider him a threat.

Yes.

I disagree. In fact, it's a good way to tell the troops to voluntarily LEAVE ...

The troops don't HAVE that option. But our pulling out would be great for the islamists who you support and enable. Does your pay check come directly from iran or does it get funneled through another country?

I did not claim to be an expert on anything.

Your definately not an expert on the military or anything to do with war.

It isn't anything of the sort. I am simply saying I don't believe in bashing the soldiers personally, rather, the administration and it's stupid policies.

But you are bashing the soldiers personally by not supporting what they are doing. he bashing of the CIC is carried on down to the troops.

You expect me to feel sorry? Or what? They are in a war zone - it's pretty obvious people would be pointing weapons at them ... If they don't like it, they should not have GONE in the first place.

Once again you don't understand how the military works. They don't have an option. No one asks you to feel sorry for them. Just respect them.

After all, it's not Iraq invaded the US and they are simply defending their country. It's the other way around - the US is the aggressor here.

Would you rather all the fighting be done in the streets of this country? Taking down saddam was an act of defense by pre-emptive means. Kinda like your robbery analogy. If you know the guy has a gun and is about to rob you and you can stop him by drawing a gun and disarming him wouldn't that be the prudent thing to do?

When making an absurd claim, it helps to provide a source. Where is yours?
    The only absurd claims being made are yours and I don't see where you can provide sources for being ignorant. But there are a lot of ignorant sources out there so I'm sure you can find some to back up what you spouting.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Insults are unnecessary. Further, you haven't expounded on the lies and deceit propogated by the US administration at that time which was a very major factor as well.
    The lies propagated by the left during those years far out do the lies of the administrations of the time. The communist supported left, aka democrats, were responsible for the debacle of Vietnam, both begining and end. They also were responsible for demonizing the military. I DO know what went on then as I lived through it. I am a combat vet and I despise the left with a passion.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.