Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    I understand your point. I am just saying the troops are out there, doing a job, and I wouldn't blame them personally for the whole War ...
    'Not-blaming' the troops is NOT 'supporting the troops'. I saw about 700 troops a few weeks ago lining up outside a hangar as their unit colors were cased to make the trip to Iraq. I can attest to the fact NOBODY felt 'blame' - I can also attest to the fact the leadership - to a man and woman - felt Pride in their coming deployment. They knew the job which would be expected of them. They were eager, if a little scared, to get-on with it. Next time I speak w/ their commander I'll be sure and tell him you don't 'blame' him.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chum43 View Post
    I suppose then you support mafia hitmen too?... oh and how about george bush, you support him too, it is his job as commander in chief and surely someone has told him it has to be done.

with people that always talk about honor and character it's amazing how anyone who believes in those things can say "their just doing their jobs"... they are, and that is my point... I quit the military because i couldn't be a mindless drone who killed on command.
    Supporting the troops is the equivalent of supporting mafia hit men? I don't think you have any honor or character or you would not say things like that.

What part of the military were you in. I'm sure you were not a combat troop. Anyone with real military experience knows they are not mindless drones.
    Last edited by Gaffer; 06-05-2007 at 11:27 AM.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Did I say I speak for the majority? I speak from having been a fucking troop ... get THAT? I speak from being the son of Vietnam vet and watching what you dimbulbs and your lies and bullshit did to their heads, not to mention almost tearing this Nation apart even as you're trying to now.

You don't like the war? me niether. I don't like ANY war. Some peopel have to die and there's always those that have to kill them, and there's times when I'm not so sure being the former isn't better than being the latter.

When you walk a mile in my fucking combat boots and carry my fucking load, THEN you can presume to tell me what fucking troops think.
    When you are in ALL their heads,(and our heads) then "YOU" can presume to speak for them. (and us) AND NOT BEFORE
    Who else is as much a Bush-basher as I???
    An Italian Confusious Say: "He who throwist mud, losith ground"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by remie View Post
    Well pal nobody asked you. You are not the one getting shot at every day so until your sorry ass is on the line STFU.
    you are not in the position to make such a demand (at least to expect anyone to follow you orders.) and this is not just about that the soldiers on the line may or may not think. There are those of us who think on a higher plane.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    The lies propagated by the left during those years far out do the lies of the administrations of the time. The communist supported left, aka democrats, were responsible for the debacle of Vietnam, both begining and end. They also were responsible for demonizing the military. I DO know what went on then as I lived through it. I am a combat vet and I despise the left with a passion.
    depise all you wish. I'm sure the feeling is mutual. I am strongly opposed to bloodthirsty gung ho militants.
    Last edited by Doniston; 06-05-2007 at 12:04 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone with real military experience knows they are not mindless drones.
    I really think you should restate that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doniston View Post
    Why? He's correct.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Currently New Delhi, India (at least until I piss off someplace else)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by remie View Post
    Well pal nobody asked you. You are not the one getting shot at every day so until your sorry ass is on the line STFU.
    That is hardly an argument. Try again.

Convert to the BPR - Beer Pizza Religion. Worship at the altar of the beer (or other) babes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The only absurd claims being made are yours and I don't see where you can provide sources for being ignorant. But there are a lot of ignorant sources out there so I'm sure you can find some to back up what you spouting.
    There is nothing absurd about what I am saying. You were the one that made the stupid remark, not me. Also, please try and use the quote function instead of responding in the post. It makes things a lot easier.

Your post quoted beneath:

The cease fire was mostly because Bush was honoring the un commitment of only getting saddam out of kuwaite. saddam was defeated and as the victors we had the right to dictate terms. It comes with winning the war. Comparing a robbery to a war is not a good analogy. Your boy lost the war, he also lost the second part of the war and was hung. You just feel bad about losing.
    He isn't "my boy", and whether or not the victor has the right to dictate terms is irrelevant as I wasn't arguing that. I was saying the agreement was hardly fair. Or are you saying the US should dictate what goes on in every country of the world since the US has the strongest army in the world?

How about for deposing a dictator who is dangerous to the whole world? Ahh but you don't consider him a threat.
    You ignored the entire point I made. Will you address it?

The troops don't HAVE that option.
    Of course the troops have that option. Further you are conveniently ignoring the fact that this entire mess only started after the US invaded, and was unable to even maintain a tiny semblance control of the country (except for the puppet government they installed in Iraq). Saddam, despite all his faults, kept the country relatively peaceful.

But our pulling out would be great for the islamists who you support and enable.
    Maybe you could stop with the ludicrous statements.

Does your pay check come directly from iran or does it get funneled through another country?
    Baits are commonly used by some debaters when they don't have an actual argument to employ. I will not take yours.

Your definately not an expert on the military or anything to do with war.
    How many times have you attempted to insult me already in this post?

Once again you don't understand how the military works. They don't have an option. No one asks you to feel sorry for them. Just respect them.
    I do respect them and do not wish for them to lose their lives for Bush and hence advocate the position I am advocating.

Would you rather all the fighting be done in the streets of this country?
    So, would you rather go into another country and completely destroy it for your greed?

Taking down saddam was an act of defense by pre-emptive means. Kinda like your robbery analogy. If you know the guy has a gun and is about to rob you and you can stop him by drawing a gun and disarming him wouldn't that be the prudent thing to do?
    Your statment is inaccurate as Saddam never had any WMD's as he was originally purported to have. Yet more lies propogated by Bush and his administration.
    Convert to the BPR - Beer Pizza Religion. Worship at the altar of the beer (or other) babes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    'Not-blaming' the troops is NOT 'supporting the troops'.
    So, how do you define "supporting the troops"?

The lies propagated by the left during those years far out do the lies of the administrations of the time.
    Proof, please.

The communist supported left, aka democrats, were responsible for the debacle of Vietnam, both begining and end.
    Nonsense. Chanting "the dems did it, the dems did it" like a slogan does not make the statement any less factually accurate either.

They also were responsible for demonizing the military. I DO know what went on then as I lived through it. I am a combat vet and I despise the left with a passion.
    So, are you saying all those who demonized the military are part of the left? Got any proof?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doniston View Post
    Geesh - why you gotta be an asshole?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    Support the troops, but not the mission?

It's certainly possible if you ask me. I don't see why support for troops has to be equated to support for an immoral and illegal war of aggression against Iraq ...

And even the soldiers want out of it now so I doubt they would disagree. The Iraqis have been saying it for a while. Only Bush wants to stay there ... :S
    I love asking this question: care to prove that its immoral and illegal?

Lets wait to see if we get a factual answer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Supporting the troops is the equivalent of supporting mafia hit men? I don't think you have any honor or character or you would not say things like that.
    do you people have no sense of context? I didn't say they were the equivelant, I was responding to the fact that gabosaurus said that we should support them because they are only doing their jobs and what they have been told to do... in that context, yes, it is the equivelant of supporting mafia hitmen who only do their job and what they have been told to do... it is that sort of "it's only their job" attitude that disregards the nature of the work or what they are being told to do... tell me why again that doesn't make sense and I shouldn't say things like that if i had honor or character?
    See You In Hell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Why? He's correct.
    Oh, OK, but I beleive he meant "BATTLEFIELD" experience rather than "MILITARY" experience. HEH HEH.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What part of the military were you in. I'm sure you were not a combat troop. Anyone with real military experience knows they are not mindless drones.
    just for the record I didn't mean to imply that all troops are mindless drones... it wasn't so much that I experienced meeting mindless drones, it was more the constant attempt to turn me into a mindless drone, and if you don't comply they kick you out... so I guess yeah, i'm implying a little bit that you do have to sell your soul a tad to be in the military at all... and don't get me wrong, it's absolutely necessary in order to have a functioning military of this size and scope, but it's just not for me, and I have no sympathy for anyone who goes through it, signs the contract, and still goes through with things they disagree with because their superiors say so, I just can't do that... if that is dishonorable or bad character, then so be it, but I don't see it that way.
    See You In Hell