Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Port Authority releases photo of One WTC workers at dizzying heights

Much respect to these guys. Not only for bringing our building back to us - but for being up that high on the outside of a building! LOL Not enough money in the world to get me to do this. Even worse are those crazy bastards who wash windows on skyscrapers!!

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I couldn't do that. Been in the trades all my life but no f*cking way could I do that.
    Homophobe (n) - a perjorative term invented by homosexual advocates in an attempt to pretend that people with a natural dislike of homosexual relations, are somehow "afraid" of something.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's not like they aren't tethered to the building. It wouldn't be so bad as long as you didn't fear heights.
    اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    It's not like they aren't tethered to the building. It wouldn't be so bad as long as you didn't fear heights.

Tether or not, no way I'm going up there.
    Homophobe (n) - a perjorative term invented by homosexual advocates in an attempt to pretend that people with a natural dislike of homosexual relations, are somehow "afraid" of something.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I am amazed at the progress of the tower. I can see the building from one or two points at work. I have been watching it slowly get taller and more impressive. Those guys are doing one of those jobs that not too many would sign up for.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I do fear heights! You could use 100 tethers at once and still no way in hell I go out there! Back in about 1990 or so, I was on the 104th floor of one of the WTC buildings, forget which on right now. I stood up on the AC unit by the walk and placed my hands outstretched on the glass. That was scary enough. I lasted for about 3 seconds and backed off. You could slowly feel the building swaying. Imagine the swaying from being outside with the winds up there!

But yeah, to put it in comparison, I climbed out my upstairs bathroom window to get to my satellite dish once. I made it to within about a foot of the dish before I quickly retreated, and that portion of the house is probably about 20-25' if I had to guess!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I do fear heights! You could use 100 tethers at once and still no way in hell I go out there! Back in about 1990 or so, I was on the 104th floor of one of the WTC buildings, forget which on right now. I stood up on the AC unit by the walk and placed my hands outstretched on the glass. That was scary enough. I lasted for about 3 seconds and backed off. You could slowly feel the building swaying. Imagine the swaying from being outside with the winds up there!

But yeah, to put it in comparison, I climbed out my upstairs bathroom window to get to my satellite dish once. I made it to within about a foot of the dish before I quickly retreated, and that portion of the house is probably about 20-25' if I had to guess!
    Sure, it wouldn't be a cakewalk. No hi rise construction project is easy. Those guys are amazing for what they do and they have my full respect. But I'm sure you wouldn't be so scared if you had so much experience in the job that being at height is second nature.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Default Looks comfy - NOT

The guys at the Freedom Tower have a lot more safety measures in place. I really admire the old school iron workers. At the ESB there were only 5 fatalities during construction and only 2 of those from falls.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WiccanLiberal View Post
    The guys at the Freedom Tower have a lot more safety measures in place. I really admire the old school iron workers. At the ESB there were only 5 fatalities during construction and only 2 of those from falls.

Regulation stops that from happening.

That kind of construction still happens in Egypt. I've seen them hanging off a building 10 stories up hammering away only staying there because they are hanging on to a rickety wooden scaffold with the other arm.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Regulation stops that from happening.

That kind of construction still happens in Egypt. I've seen them hanging off a building 10 stories up hammering away only staying there because they are hanging on to a rickety wooden scaffold with the other arm.

Nobody ever said muslims were smart.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Nobody ever said muslims were smart.
    If it wasn't for Muslims advancing scientific knowledge, you wouldn't have things like cameras, hospitals or modern surgery, antiseptics, anaesthesia, vaccination, soap and regular bathing, advances in Astronomy (some stars even have arabic names like Deneb, Algol, Betelgeuse, Rigel, Aldebran ....), Algebra, Coffee, Chess, Irrigation, valves and pistons in engines, Windmills, numbers, cryptology, cheques, compasses, braille, in 852 a Muslim made a hang glider that flew for several minutes before he crashed and hurt himself, modern chemistry, the Earth being round........

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

If it wasn't for Muslims advancing scientific knowledge, you wouldn't have things like cameras, hospitals or modern surgery, antiseptics, anaesthesia, vaccination, soap and regular bathing, advances in Astronomy (some stars even have arabic names like Deneb, Algol, Betelgeuse, Rigel, Aldebran ....), Algebra, Coffee, Chess, Irrigation, valves and pistons in engines, Windmills, numbers, cryptology, cheques, compasses, braille, in 852 a Muslim made a hang glider that flew for several minutes before he crashed and hurt himself, modern chemistry, the Earth being round........
    n

no person denies the contributions that Muslim people made to science more then 1000 years ago.

The problem being that the actions of todays radical elements overshadow those contributions Jafar.

Muslims made contributions in chemistry, mathematics, astronomy and botany.

Those contributions will be forever diminished unless the muslim world cleans up it's act in how they are perceived by the world at large.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Muslim contributions to science ended 1000 years ago. They have added nothing to science and technology since. They use what is produced, but produce nothing. Those that want to learn and advance themselves must do it in a western culture.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are out of your mind. Do you muzzies actually believe your own propaganda?

Example: The fact that Earth is round was known millennia before the invention of islam. Greek mathematician Erastosthenes even measured the Earth's circumference in the 3rd century BC.

Eratosthenes is also known for his achievement in astronomy. Several astronomers and mathematicians before and after Eratosthenes tried to accurately measure the circumference of the Earth, but is was Eratosthenes that came through. He found the circumference of the Earth to be nearly 250,000 stadia (25,000 miles). Eratosthenes observed that the sun shone directly down a well at high noon on the day of the summer solstice in Syene and that it cast a shadow in Alexandria, directly south of where the well was. To calculate the circumference of the Earth, Eratosthenes measured the angle of the shadow to the Earth.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Muslim contributions to science ended 1000 years ago. They have added nothing to science and technology since. They use what is produced, but produce nothing. Those that want to learn and advance themselves must do it in a western culture.

Modern Muslim. LOL!