Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Default Muslim Prayer Coming to a School Near You

How disgusting is this , you cant say a Christian prayer in school but I guess its ok for our kids to pray to a child molester

http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2013/20130530003-muslim-prayer-

But then again this is in DC , I am sure the land of fruits and nuts will follow shortly
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    How disgusting is this , you cant say a Christian prayer in school but I guess its ok for our kids to pray to a child molester

But then again this is in DC , I am sure the land of fruits and nuts will follow shortly
    Christian children can indeed pray in school.
    I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. -- Susan B. Anthony

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    Christian children can indeed pray in school.
    Are they "accommodated" and excused from class in order to do so? I've yet to see any schools allow Christians to do so. As far as I know, they are allowed to pray so long as they do it silently and to themselves.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Ugh. If some kid wants to pray to whatever god that their math test isn't going to be too hard, or that their PE teacher isn't a colossal pervert etc, they can do it in their own time before or after class.

And look at that for a killer last sentence "many of whom remember when the school was a Christian institution".
    Last edited by Noir; 06-02-2013 at 11:09 AM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Ugh. If some kid wants to pray to whatever god that their math test isn't going to be too hard, or that their PE teacher isn't a colossal pervert etc, they can do it in their own time before or after class.

And look at that for a killer last sentence "many of whom remember when the school was a Christian institution".

"A high school near Washington DC has taken a rare step of accommodating Muslim prayer during class hours."
    Last edited by BillyBob; 06-02-2013 at 11:27 AM.
    Homophobe (n) - a perjorative term invented by homosexual advocates in an attempt to pretend that people with a natural dislike of homosexual relations, are somehow "afraid" of something.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post

And most Americans fail to see the power the muslims are rapidly gaining in our government. Obama promotes that power . We are being destroyed from within.
    This accommadation is just a red flag for a much larger movement being pushed by obama...
    think --NASA and muslim outreach...then think what obama truly plans for...

"sweetest sound he ever heard" , anyone? -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

We have special plans for your type.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Are they "accommodated" and excused from class in order to do so? I've yet to see any schools allow Christians to do so. As far as I know, they are allowed to pray so long as they do it silently and to themselves.
    The prayer requirements for Christians doesn't involve a rug and facing toward Mecca. Allowing the Muslims to leave the classroom to attend to their prayers prevents disruption for the remaining students.
    I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. -- Susan B. Anthony

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post

"A high school near Washington DC has taken a rare step of accommodating Muslim prayer during class hours."
    Yeah, which is stupid. If someone wants to pray they have plenty of time before/after classes or during breaks and lunch.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

The prayer requirements for Christians doesn't involve a rug and facing toward Mecca. Allowing the Muslims to leave the classroom to attend to their prayers prevents disruption for the remaining students.
    And why do they have to pray during class time? How about causing no disruption at all by praying during none-class time?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

What if they simply want privacy during the day to do their prayers? An accommodation for one religion and not another, is favoring one. Either give equal access and accommodations, or none for any. The fact that some scream and whine about a Catholic prayer in school, and then defending Muslims getting out of class to have a prayer rug and able to face Mecca, is kind of funny. The reason always given is that prayer shouldn't be in school, but somehow it's acceptable for Muslims AND acceptable to get out of class for the prayer no less? Christians like the group prayer, the way it used to be. The schools should allow for the Christians to meet somewhere in the early morning hours and have a group prayer, which is and used to be quite popular at events, and school.

But ANY exception to one religion, and not all, is simply favoritism.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    And why do they have to pray during class time? How about causing no disruption at all by praying during none-class time?
    I agree, but some will say because Muslims have specific times to pray 5 times per day. I don't care if their religion calls for this or not, it's still the school accommodating their religious beliefs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Let's look at it this way - suppose other recognized religions now talk about what their religion expects of them, or that they have requirements - they too should then get similar accommodations, no? So long as it's a legit religion. I know of a few religious organizations that have group prayer several times per day several times per week. Give these people time out of classes to go the lunchroom or conference room or auditorium in order to have their group prayers. Or will this not be allowed, or perhaps told it's not something they need, because their prayer will revolve around Jesus?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Let's look at it this way - suppose other recognized religions now talk about what their religion expects of them, or that they have requirements - they too should then get similar accommodations, no? So long as it's a legit religion. I know of a few religious organizations that have group prayer several times per day several times per week. Give these people time out of classes to go the lunchroom or conference room or auditorium in order to have their group prayers. Or will this not be allowed, or perhaps told it's not something they need, because their prayer will revolve around Jesus?

jimnyc: If you really take time to consider, and take a long, hard look at what the outcome of this could be.

It would be a Small, First step at introducing SHARIA Law into our Government Education System if ANYONE bends over to appease such demands. While...at the same time. Telling Christians...THEY ARE NOT PERMITTED TO PRAY, or CELEBRATE religious Holidays...like Christmas, or Easter in those Same schools.
    Double standards usually become the Political Correctness standards. Which have the capability of becoming SHARIA LAW VS. U.S. Constitutional Law.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

I agree, but some will say because Muslims have specific times to pray 5 times per day. I don't care if their religion calls for this or not, it's still the school accommodating their religious beliefs.
    They're meant to pray before sunrise, after mid-day, late afternoon, just after sunset, and between sunset and midnight.

Only one of those, midday, falls under school time, and thats probably around the time they have their lunch.
    Last edited by Noir; 06-02-2013 at 02:57 PM.