Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    And why do they have to pray during class time? How about causing no disruption at all by praying during none-class time?

Because muslims are special.
    Homophobe (n) - a perjorative term invented by homosexual advocates in an attempt to pretend that people with a natural dislike of homosexual relations, are somehow "afraid" of something.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

They're meant to pray before sunrise, after mid-day, late afternoon, just after sunset, and between sunset and midnight.

Only one of those, midday, falls under school time, and thats probably around the time they have their lunch.
    And considering this would be one of the only public schools in the nation affording this accommodation, it's already been shown that tons and tons of kids have been doing just fine negotiating their Muslim prayers up until now. But again, the bottom line is that if you are going to fight to keep prayers out of the classroom, fight to keep prayers out of speeches, out of games, out of graduations - then you don't turn around and give an accommodation to a different religion.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    Christian children can indeed pray in school.

My kids in grammar school where told they couldn't bless there food before eating , but yes after I went to the school and explained they will bless there food they where then allowed to do so
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post

My kids in grammar school where told they couldn't bless there food before eating , but yes after I went to the school and explained they will bless there food they where then allowed to do so
    They were unable to 'bless their food' without speaking out loud?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Let's look at it this way - suppose other recognized religions now talk about what their religion expects of them, or that they have requirements - they too should then get similar accommodations, no? So long as it's a legit religion. I know of a few religious organizations that have group prayer several times per day several times per week. Give these people time out of classes to go the lunchroom or conference room or auditorium in order to have their group prayers. Or will this not be allowed, or perhaps told it's not something they need, because their prayer will revolve around Jesus?
    Do you mean Scientologists shouldn't be allowed to pass bad checks at the school cafeteria?
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

No they blessed there food to themselves with there eyes closed a simple thank you and a hope that it helps give them nourishment and they where told they where not allowed to pray in school , when I went down to the school they said it may offend other children , I asked how is it going to offend another if my boys have there eyes closed for 30 seconds , they finally gave in on that issue and yes my boys do give thanks at every meal including the one at school
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You mean to say they SHOULDN'T speak their prayers?
    Homophobe (n) - a perjorative term invented by homosexual advocates in an attempt to pretend that people with a natural dislike of homosexual relations, are somehow "afraid" of something.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post

You mean to say they SHOULDN'T speak their prayers?
    It would be more polite to do so inwardly imo.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It would be more polite to do so inwardly imo.

OK, as long as schools are consistent. That's the biggest issue here, from what I can see.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    What if they simply want privacy during the day to do their prayers? An accommodation for one religion and not another, is favoring one. Either give equal access and accommodations, or none for any. The fact that some scream and whine about a Catholic prayer in school, and then defending Muslims getting out of class to have a prayer rug and able to face Mecca, is kind of funny. The reason always given is that prayer shouldn't be in school, but somehow it's acceptable for Muslims AND acceptable to get out of class for the prayer no less? Christians like the group prayer, the way it used to be. The schools should allow for the Christians to meet somewhere in the early morning hours and have a group prayer, which is and used to be quite popular at events, and school.

But ANY exception to one religion, and not all, is simply favoritism.
    Where are all the libtard whiners who claimed Christian prayer in school is a violation of the separation of church and state? Where is the ACLU to come in and rattle their sabers at Islamic prayer in schools?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    We have special plans for your type.

Hell, havent you ever considered that I may have special plans myself?

Only been training on defending myself and my family for a tad over 40+ years now.
    I'll make out alright, you should be worried about any asswipes that would try to harm me or mine.
    And pray that its never anybody you know!....
    As the Hulk once said, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry. I CAN DELIVER EVER SO MUCH DAMAGE WHEN FORCED TO DO SO. No brag just a damn fact.......-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Because muslims are special .
    ALL SARCASM ASIDE , THAT IS TRUE BUT ONLY BECAUSE THEY INSIST ON IT AND ARE AIDED IN GETTING IT BY USEFUL IDOTS. WHEN THEY DON'T GET IT THEY MURDERR PEOPLE.

SOME OF US SAY KILL THEM RIGHT BACK BUT ONLY IN GREATER NUMBERS AND FFING BE DONE WITH IT!!!

I tend to be very real about it all and not sugarcoat a damn thing.

They don't like my truth , my reality, " ffk 'em feed 'em fishheads". Good enough OPINION FOR A HIGHLY DECORATED AND VERY HONORABLE MARINE WAR VET TO HOLD ,DAMN SURE GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME TO AGREE WITH 100%!!!!!! -TYR
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can't believe some of you believe it is a bad thing. Kids who are praying are going to be well centred and well behaved.
    اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    I can't believe some of you believe it is a bad thing. Kids who are praying are going to be well centred and well behaved.
    Most of us believe it is good, and would like for Christian prayer in schools too, but it's not allowed. It's equality we're speaking of here, if you accommodate and allow one, simply allow others the same/equivalent. I've got no issue if they allow Muslim kids a chance to pray - as soon as they allow Catholics/Christians equal opportunities/accommodations.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post

Oh really? Do these jihadists don't seem to be centered or well behaved?